Reviews (1-2 of 2)
December 30, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Brex has replaced our previous credit card and has enabled us to expand the program quickly to new departments and individuals who did not previously have a card. The card is used to manage recurring charges, book travel by our leaders, and process invoices for small vendors that are too small for our AP team to manage. Since adopting Brex in mid-2019, we have quickly expanded our credit card program from 3 individuals to approximately a dozen users. The main business problem it addresses is improved rewards for our credit card transactions, a simple interface enabling us to easily see charges, and an intuitive UI that makes it easy for our cardholders to add receipts when they record a charge. We are also using Brex for Virtual cards limiting the risk that one card will be compromised and enabling us to shut us off a vendor easily if we begin a recurring plan.
- Rewards - The rewards were the main reason for us switching. Our previous card provider did not have a good rewards program.
- User Interface and experience - When a charge is recorded on the Brex card, users immediately receive a text notification asking them to send a picture of their receipt. Brex automatically attaches the receipts to the charge which has saved our users a significant amount of time.
- Integrations - Currently Brex integrations are limited to Quickbooks, NetSuite, & Expensify. Our Company utilizes Intacct which requires that we manually upload the transactions each month. We have simplified the process as best we can but this still creates an additional manual process for our team to manage.
- Approvals - Brex does not have any approvals within the platform. Our Finance team is very small so it's not possible for us to actively track charges and ensure that each charge is approved. Their is a risk to the organization however this is mitigated somewhat by the simple ability to set card limits which at least limits the potential damage a rogue employee can do.
Read this authenticated review
Brex is well suited for organizations that are comfortable providing card users with a great deal of autonomy to manage their card spend. Due to the limited approvals within the system, all reviews of spend are after charges have already been paid and processed which can create risks. However, the ease of utilizing the card and the ability to easily manage card limits makes the card an attractive option for any organization. The rewards are especially appealing and Brex also codes each transaction for you identifying whether the charge is for restaurants, airlines, recurring software, etc. Brex may be less appropriate for companies with cash flow issues. The Brex account is linked to a company's bank account which results in the credit line for the organization fluctuating based on the cash balance of the bank accounts. The card is also automatically paid each month which may pose an issue for some organizations if they have to manage cash closely.
November 06, 2019
Watch out American Express - Brex is here to stay! The most impactful software since I started my career
Score 10 out of 10
What we initially thought was a simpler alternative to a corporate credit card turned out to be so much more. Initially deployed amongst a small cohort of employees - the Brex program quickly rolled out through our entire organization. It simply is the best software product I have encountered in the last five years. Intelligently designed, amazing marketing and a wide spectrum of features - it now is an integral part of our operations portfolio. American Express should watch out - Brex is the future!
- Reward points on all spend - especially on software as a service (SaaS) which is a large source of expenditure for our business
- Expense management system which allows us to intelligently manage all employees
- Dynamic expense limits to adjust expenditure based on seniority, time of year, tenure etc.
- Fantastic mobile app to monitor usage and upload notes/receipts
- Great travel booking system - something we haven't fully utilized yet
- This is unusual but I struggle to write con's - everything has been seamless so far
- Perhaps they could improve the UI/UX for uploading receipts when there are multiple photos
Read Dailius Wilson's full review
Brex is suited to any forward thinking organization. You shouldn't consider any other bank, credit card or institution. I wouldn't be surprised if American Express has already placed a take over offer for the company. I think the card is especially good for a Series B company moving towards later stages of funding as levels of expenditure dramatically increase and such spending can be hard to monitor and control.
Brex Scorecard Summary
Brex headquartered in San Francisco offers a corporate card for expenses, ecommerce, as well as rewards card, and travel expense management.
Categories: Expense Management
Brex Technical Details