Brightpearl User Review
Updated June 24, 2019
Brightpearl User Review
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Brightpearl
We use Brightpearl across our company for POS, purchasing, customer service, and order and customer management. We use Brightpearl to manage our warehouse inventory and to create barcodes and purchase orders. Additionally, we use Brightpearl to for our Point of Sale (POS) system, for our phone orders and general order management system from all incoming sales channels. Brightpearl is essentially the hub or brain of our operations. It is helpful in managing our incoming product orders, creating new purchase orders and managing outgoing customer orders.
- Product Management: Brightpearl keeps track of our inventory from the purchase order to the outgoing order, to the customer.
- Customer Orders: Brightpearl can auto-fulfill your incoming orders from different sales channels so the orders can be picked and packed.
- Vendors: Brightpearl is very useful in managing your vendors and creating purchase orders.
- Product Variants: If you sell similar products in a group and each product has its own size, color, etc. once you create the variant it can only be edited via spreadsheet import which is not the easiest solution for most people.
- Sales Channels: There is room for improvement on the connectors to Big Commerce, eBay, etc. for more features and options. Also, Brightpearl needs to add a connector for Etsy.
- Cross-browser compatibility: We have had various issues with Brightpearl and Google Chrome, which maybe Chrome related, but Brightpearl reply is typically and only "try another browser" which is not always possible if we are using Chrome only browser-related extensions.
- Brightpearl has a positive impact on our ability to maintain accurate inventory levels and not over-order products.
- Updating product variants that were either imported incorrectly from our original inventory system or created wrong during product creation can be very time-consuming and frustrating until you figure out their export/import options.
Brightpearl is well suited for product and order management. You can create your own product SKUs or use Brightpearl product IDs for barcodes and the SKU will follow the product within Brightpearl making it good for tracking inventory levels, purchase orders, customer orders, fulfillment, etc. Brightpearl needs some more development on its integration with other software, including sales channels like Big Commerce, Amazon, eBay, etc. to add more features and options for the mapping between the connected sites.