Overall Satisfaction with BroadSoft UC-One
We both use UC-One in our entire company and re-sell the services for UC-One to our clients. It allows us and our clients to stay in contact with each other through its messenger and screen sharing ability, and work wherever we are by utilizing its softphone ability allowing calls to be placed and received as if we are sitting at our desks with our hard phones. Its built-in per-user Collaboration Conference room also allows for quick and easy meetings, whether it just be dial-in audio or presenting information into the room via screen shares and video chats.
- Multiple Platform support; works on PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad (specific app).
- Easy to use interface that is similar to other messenger applications/phone applications.
- Low impact on system performance when in use.
- Mobile App Chats do not always sync to the PC application.
- Switching from WiFi to Cellular on mobile applications typically drops the call.
- Caller ID on the iPhone/iPad app only shows the phone number and not the Caller ID information.
- The services as a whole are a better feature set for a better price.
- The software is much easier to use and administrate than previous offerings on the same platform offering a better customer experience.
- Updates made to the back end are not well communicated and sometimes cause unexpected behavior as a result.
Jive as a whole has a better back end user interface, however, BroadSoft UC One far surpasses it in terms of overall functionality. The larger feature set (IM, Softphone [Jive has], collab bridge, etc) makes the slightly less intuitive back end a small ding against the software as a whole. Plus the stability of UC One as a whole is much higher as well.
UC-One is an extremely versatile app that works well in literally a single user shop, or a multi-hundred user company - especially for those who need mobility options to conduct business properly. With its built-in collaboration features, built-in softphone, and just general instant messaging features it allows you to work literally anywhere you have an internet connection. It is also handy in case there are onsite issues preventing you from using your hard phone (such as power or internet issues) where your cellphone will allow you to continue to work.