Overall Satisfaction with Canvas
I use Canvas for a graduate program I am enrolled in. All of my classes and professors work through Canvas to support online learning. It's a useful platform. Most importantly, as someone who has never done online learning before, I find the platform easy to use. It allows me to access all of my school work in one place.
- Communication with professors.
- Hosting online materials.
- If you send a message to a teacher, there is no record of the message until they write you back.
- The Zoom features are confusing.
- Not all of the teachers are as tech savvy as the students. This is user error, but more training would be helpful.
- Creating a seamless environment for online learning.
- Easy to use if you're new to online courses.
- Allows for remote connection.
I have not used any other platforms for this type of experience. I appreciated the thorough introduction that was offered to onboard onto the platform. It made it easy to use right off the bat.
Whenever I have an issue, I am given immediate resolve. They give you the option to rate how serious your inquiry is. This means you get placed in priority if you have an issue that will affect a deadline. Canvas support has been useful and always helpful. They are prompt in their responses.
Do you think Canvas delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Canvas's feature set?
Did Canvas live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Canvas go as expected?
Would you buy Canvas again?
Canvas is well suited to host online learning. All of the materials are in one place and it's easy to navigate. Also, the app works quite well too. It's not as equipped as using a desktop, obviously. But, if you're trying to do homework or reading while you have extra time, it works great.