Decent backup but keep an eye on ithttps://www.trustradius.com/endpoint-backupCarbonite EndpointUnspecified8.1551012017-12-14T15:18:55.873Z
December 14, 2017
Decent backup but keep an eye on it
Score 6 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Carbonite
Carbonite was used here to backup servers and a few C-Level individuals. I needed a backup solution that was simple, easy to use and deploy and provided a comprehensive dashboard that allowed me to see my environment. This did all those things and worked pretty well. I would not use it again as it's alerting system left something to be desired.
- Install and config is simple.
- Backups run pretty much on their own once installed - without user intervention.
- Restore is relatively easy to manage with only a little training needed (for me).
- This is a pretty fire and forget tool.
- Alerting was very terrible - alerts would come late or not at all with regard to backups.
- The local then cloud backup can suck up a good chunk of space.
- The restore process, while simple once learned, does take some training to understand.
- The cost is not prohibitive for a small business.
- Backup and restore are both relatively easy to manage.
- Alerting is terrible - going 3 days without knowing that a backup is stuck or failing was the deal breaker for me.
I think this solution is decent, and works well enough for most businesses. I find their lack of alerts to be very troublesome - finding out you can't restore a file because the back did not run for two days is not a conversation I ever need to have again with the owner of the company. This program works well but I would recommend keeping an eye on it if you use it.
One of the few wholly online backup solution that provides and appliance-free backup (they do have that option as well). It does backup well - once running it really does what it needs to do with little need for intervention. Add/removing folders is simple. It offers an app that allows you to see your backups in pretty-near real time (if you are that obsessed).
100 - This backs up data for the entire company (servers) and a select group of people (C-Level, accountants)
100 - Pretty simple skill set - if you know how to install programs and navigate folder menus you are pretty much set
I found their alerting to be very poor. I missed several days of backups without knowledge of this, until I signed into the portal. I would get daily emails reporting backups were in progress or done, but nothing indicating that a backup had been stuck or paused for 3 days. For this reason alone, I did not renew.