Affordable, customizable, and simple to setup and use. CATS is worth a look right meow.https://www.trustradius.com/applicant-tracking-system-atsCATS Applicant Tracking SystemUnspecified8.3441012015-06-10T16:16:22.646Z
June 10, 2015
Affordable, customizable, and simple to setup and use. CATS is worth a look right meow.
Score 10 out of 101
- applicant tracking system
Overall Satisfaction with CATS Applicant Tracking System
We use CATS for all of our applicant tracking and to manage the postings for our corporate website's career page. It's the only tool we use in recruiting to manage candidate information before they are hired (at which point they move to our HR system for employees) and is directly integrated to our public facing careers page.
- Simple to implement, SaaS based tool that needs no in-house IT support or resources
- Customizable reports, labels, fields, applications
- No long term contract, month-to-month with ability to cancel anytime
- Data backups are simple
- Email directly from the candidate record with response coming into Outlook is easy to configure and creates record and updates status automatically
- System isn't intuitive at all when it comes to combining things like Source when left free form - for example. Considers Indeed and indeed two different sources because one candidate capitalized and one didn't (these can be merged)
- Resumes forwarded to resume inbox invariably capture source as senders email, even if source is clearly spelled out (can be edited later)
- Importing resumes has some trouble with addresses and phone numbers with certain file types/configuration
- Increased candidate/applicant flow
- Better tracking of candidate engagement
- Faster resume sorting/triage through use of customized application questions
- Taleo,Epicor ERP,PCRecruiter,resumate
The implementation relative to anything else I've seen that is as customizable and powerful as CATS is first reason. The cost is a huge factor as well - at $99/month for a user license, it's much less expensive than similarly featured products and immensely better than ones similarly priced. Almost any company is probably wise to at least take a look at this system. It won't be right for everyone, but it's a strong option.
I don't know how appropriate it'd be for large organizations with very large recruiting teams - cost per license might not make sense after a certain point. For small/medium sized businesses, it's absolutely worth a look. It's very affordable, super-easy to use, highly configurable, and set up is an breeze. Knowledge base is decent, and support is generally OK, though it's not necessarily a strength. The product team is engaged with the user community to crowdsource suggestions for updates/improvements and allows users to vote on others ideas that are appealing. Search functionality is solid and documents are instantly indexed as far as I can tell - I've never noticed any delay. It'll push postings out to various free job boards and you can customize to push out to pay boards as well. It will integrate to certain HRIS packages, so if that's of interest, making sure yours is on the supported list would be important. Data backup is super easy and would likely make changing to another ATS down the road pretty simple if the need arises.
CATS ATS Feature Ratings
CATS Applicant Tracking System Implementation
This is an incredibly easy system to implement. There is no hardware or software required, it's entirely SaaS based. Compared to other systems I've implemented, it's breathtaking. Customization can all be done directly in the tool, there is no need for any involvement of consultants and most of the information you cannot figure out intuitively is covered in the knowledge base.
Change management was minimal - We had no applicant tracking system in house, so there was no need for any change management. It's contained primarily to the recruiting team, so there should be limited situations where much change management across an enterprise is needed. Reports, fields within records, and applications are all customizable to be able to introduce CATS to a business' process with minimal disruption.