Ceridian Dayforce HCM
November 20, 2018
Ceridian Dayforce HCM
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Ceridian Dayforce
Our entire organization uses Dayforce HCM. We use payroll, HR, and Time modules. The product significantly streamlines internal processes and reduces the need to paper. Although the processes are still initiated by HR and subsequently concludes with HR, each department has an active role in executing tasks within Dayforce which also reduces workload in HR.
- Capturing as much data digitally within Dayforce as needed by our organization is a plus. It is a one stop location for much of our data
- Streamlining work processes between department although HR is still at the core of the processes, many tasks can be competed within the other departments
- Customer support is a huge strength, as Ceridian recognizes the importance of responding to customer issues, even if at first the mark is missed, support will see the matter through to conclusion
- Local support is an even greater strength as there is a personal connection that is very important to our company
- Already addressing it, but get rid of Silverlight
- Consistency in customer support's knowledge base. Depending on who you get, your issue may not be received/interpreted the same by the next support tech
- Difficult, but managing customers who do not have technical or IT resources and time to wholly understand and embrace enhancements in the product at each upgrade
- Definite improvement in workflow efficiency
- Could probably do more with reduction of paperwork but getting the immediate issues address has not give much time to review such opportunities
For the compliance areas like taxes and OT policies, Dayforce has basically eliminated our need to ensure compliance as it is done by Ceridian who we trust to accurately apply changes in the legal arena that directly impact our organization. We have yet to explore the area of healthcare eligibility compliance and efficiencies.
For a company as small as ours, the decision making has not really been impacted. Having access to real-time information is definitely beneficial but benefit to our organization in terms of HCM decision making has yet to be seen.
In 2010, ADP Workforce Now was superior to product offerings by Ceridian so we left Ceridan after 30+ years. As explained to our sales rep at the time, we were looking for an integrated solution. Although ADP was not a single-platform solution, from the user perspective, Payroll and Time worked like an integrated solution although there were additional steps involved in transferring data between modules. ADP service was terrible though and deteriorated throughout the 5 years we used their product, which resulted in the ultimate decision to return to Ceridian, which then included Dayforce. On a technical level, Ceridian caught up with and bypassed ADP, so returning to Ceridian was not a difficult decision aside from cost.
As with legacy products, expectation of our organization is to have dedicated and local tech support resources which is not currently available. I don't think we were well prepared for the implementation process which resulted in issues beyond implementation lasting over a year. Looking back though, the product is quite powerful and we can now say glad we switched.