Happy with Dayforce
August 13, 2019
Happy with Dayforce
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Ceridian Dayforce
It is used throughout our organization for timesheets, scheduling (in most departments), payroll and benefits. We have two departments that use an outside scheduler because that portion of the system isn't robust enough for our large teams (30+). All employees clock in/out using the mobile app or one of four webclocks in the building. This integrates well with our payroll and benefits administration modules to make for seamless processing.
- Timesheet management is easy to use/manage for employees and managers
- Support on payroll questions has been amazing; they either walk you through step by step in an online meeting or send detailed instructions of how to do things
- Flexibility in types of time clocks available for employees to use is great
- HR data is easy to manage in one spot with the ability to limit who can see what information by manager type
- Scheduling for large teams is difficult. It takes too many clicks to add schedules and the shift trading functionality isn't user-friendly enough for high volumes.
- Managers can't see shift trades that happen within the current week and employees can't change availability with the current two weeks.
- Would love to have the ability to import schedules easily from an outside scheduling program such as When2Work.
- We've seen huge efficiencies for payroll processing over the manual process we used before Dayforce
- HR information management was non-existent before Dayforce; time spent looking for current information is drastically reduced
- Benefits administration is more easily tracked/administered saving money on employee paid benefits
We never have to think about compliance - the "rules" are set up at the time of implementation and unless there are changes to the laws we know we're in compliance with all employment standards. When changes have occurred we've had amazing help from the support team making changes and having things ready well in advance of the changes; including sending us reminders that the changes are coming.
We're able to find all the data on past and present employees to make sure we have the correct information at the time of rehire or when making decisions about performance increases. We don't have to look in multiple places to find the information needed to make decisions. This helps managers and HR be more efficient with their time and resources.
Before Dayforce we were tracking timesheets manually and relying on employee's honesty when filling out their timesheets and calling the time in to a Ceridian rep over the phone. Now they clock in/out using either one of our 4 webclocks or the mobile app if they're within the coordinates set for their area and it's much more accurate. Then, when it's time to process pay for those hours I don't have to export the time to another system before completing payroll. I can update all their information in one place and it transfers the data to all the areas that need that information updated instead of having to remember to go into each different system to update one piece of information.
Dayforce is very flexible and easy to use for timesheet management and HR data, but is lacking for managing schedules for large teams. We use an outside scheduler for our aquatic team that has 90 staff who trade shifts on a daily basis in high volumes. Our smaller teams are able to trade shifts within Dayforce without issue (except only HR can see trades in the current week), but the larger volume teams aren't able to effectively make that portion work efficiently.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Feature Ratings
Using Ceridian Dayforce
200 - Every person in our organization uses dayforce on a daily basis to clock in/out, check earning statements, year end tax forms, approval of timesheets by managers/supervisor, time away requests, checking/adding schedules, update personal information that may have changed, process payroll, employees can add notes to their timesheets if there is anything managers need to know about why their clock in/out was different than scheduled.
1 - We have an internal IT Support, but it's our HR Administrator that set up Dayforce and received intensive training on how to administer the program. When something comes up that HR doesn't know, it's easy to go online and find the support needed through either support guides with step-by-step instructions on how to do something or access to the support portal where a person will look into how to do something and walk you through all the steps needed to make changes.
- Timesheets, employees can accurately clock in/out daily and managers can see/manage their time
- Scheduling, employees can check schedules easily and manager availability and time away, plus managers can create schedules based on that info
- Payroll is integrated so there's no need to look in multiple places for the needed information
- We allow employees in a satellite location clock in by mobile app using the "set coordinates" feature. They can only clock in within a certain radius of the building.
- We don't have the performance management module, but look forward to adding that in the future
- We would love to be able to have candidates apply for open positions online and have resumes go right into the system once chosen
- Taking advantage of more features in the employee self service
Evaluating Ceridian Dayforce and Competitors
- Product Usability
- Existing Relationship with the Vendor
When we looked at the other options, our relationship with Ceridian was the biggest deciding factor. We didn't want to have to start over entering all employee data with a new vendor. We already had a pay relationship with Ceridian and the price/features were comparable to the other vendors we looked at. We're very happy with our decision.
There are more options and we're a larger business than we were when we implemented Dayforce, so there would be more solutions now than there were then. I might look for more features than we originally implemented, but overall we're happy with what Dayforce can do and what we can add on in the future if needed.
Ceridian Dayforce Support
Most of the time the support is great; it's not always super efficient but I always get the help I need. Occasionally it takes a lot longer than we had hoped or get conflicting responses. We had one ticket recently where we were told we would have to pay the service team to support us on the project and then another person called the next day with the solution to our query and was able to find a solution easily. Generally, though, the response is great and they either walk me though how to do something via a Zoom Meeting or they email step-by-step instructions on how to do it and say if I have questions we can set up a meeting to discuss further.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Yes - There is a current issue that managers can't see trade request made in the current week. I've reported this to Ceridian and they tell me they know it's an issue but it's been months (with several updates) and it hasn't been resolved yet. HR is able to see the trades and approve if needed, but the managers aren't able to see them at all.
Recently I used an incorrect code to administer a taxable benefit for an employee that ended up taking more than half her paycheque to taxes. The support team looked into my error and found a solution. The team offered to walk me through it in a Zoom Meeting, but the timing didn't work out and they were headed on vacation before I was free to meet. He sent very detailed instructions, including screen shots of how to make the adjustments, and I was able to make the changes on my own.
Using Ceridian Dayforce
We've had an overall great experience with Dayforce. Most employees are able to do what they need to do with ease; there's little training required to get them up and running and access to training videos when they need more information.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Yes - The mobile app works very well. You can set coordinates for each department so employees can only clock in/out when they're within a certain range of their area or work. They can check their schedules and add it to their mobile phone calendar. Managers can approve timesheets and see who's working on the go.