Overall Satisfaction with Cherwell Service Management
We are currently using Cherwell Service Management for our ITSM process across all of our various business units. We have implemented the following ITIL processes, Incident/Request, Change, Problem, Service Catalog, CMDB (asset management) and an IT Equipment Requisition process at an enterprise level. We have started to roll out IT Project Management and are in the process of defining additional requirements for SLAs. We have approx. 480 technicians using the application to manage their work at various levels based on business unit.
- The codeless configuration of Cherwell has been able to meet all of our demanding business needs. From data integration to complex process workflows we can respond and deliver the added value our business needs.
- Cherwell does offer a great customer experience. There has not been one occasion when I have not been impressed with their commitment to the customers experience.
- The development tools are robust and the time to develop had drastically been reduced from previous tools sets, this allows us to focus on gathering solid requirements for iterative changes rather than lengthy development cycles.
- Our solution can be managed and grow with limited number of resources available. We continue to expand and grow as out business requires while maintaining 2 FTE.
- Cherwell is in the process of balancing the speed to market of functionality and robust testing of those releases. We have come across a couple of issues in a particular release that have caused us issues that required configuration of workarounds or us having to skip the release until the function is resolved.
- The web client for technician use still is not in par with the rich client. Cherwell has made the commitment to develop web first but the client parity of the rich and web clients is still not there.
- The ability to be able to Select multiple rows from a result list and then run an action (one step) on them would be a huge win for my environment. Right now you can run a query and run an action against all returned results but it is dependent on the query results, which can be difficult to narrow enough for the general user.
- Our company replaced HP SM with Cherwell in 8 weeks, with a team of 6 employees and 2 contractors. We went live with Incident, request, change, Business specific service portal views and a 100% customer IT Requisition process. It was received with very positive reviews and an adoption rate that was unexpected.
- Cherwell has one of the best value propositions of all of the tools available in the market place. The floating license model and the robust functionality has made Cherwell an easy sell to senior management.
- Cherwell allows us to take the administration out of the ticketing tools and allow our technicians to focus on service restoration, enhancements and new development.
- Increased adoption from our technicians and customers has stopped some of the rougue IT processes. It has helped us get a better understanding of the true level of IT work of technicians.
We went from a HP SM application with complex development and extensive cost. During our evaluations of the tools in the marketplace it became very clear that Cherwell Met or Exceeded all other applications for the functions we needed especially cost. We were very skeptical of the codeless configuration but within a week in the sandbox they set up for us, without any training, I was able to start to demonstrate how I could solve our business requirements.
Cherwell is great at the basic ITSM/ITIL processes and transactional type ticketing that occurs within CSM or Facilities management. We would like to utilize the tool more for Project management within IT and start to promote it beyond but the out of the box module is not robust enough to be solely used. Integration with specialized tools is the current method and is acceptable.