Overall Satisfaction with Cherwell Service Management
Our organization uses Cherwell Service Management primarily as a request and incident tracker, but it was purchased with the intent of expansion. Since go-live we have activated the knowledge base and CMDB modules, which have solved quite a few problems with information sharing and inventory tracking. The system is young in our environment, but it is holding up well and definitely scalable.
Currently Cherwell Service Management is utilized mainly by the IT Service Desk (technical solutions team), but we have been branching out to teams in other departments as well. It has been well received by those teams who have chosen to come onboard, and is a very strong promoter of institutional collaboration.
- Scalability - We have been able to add multiple teams to our system and collaborate more effectively than ever before.
- Modularity - We are able to implement the system one module at a time, which greatly helps us grow at a rate that works best for our teams.
- Accessibility - Cherwell Support is very responsive and open to assisting with our needs.
- Admin Interface - Changing system settings is not intuitive. Blueprints also require a level of proficiency not held by most new users of the system.
- Bugs - We have noticed several bugs and glitches. Support has been very helpful in documenting and taking them to development, however many seem to be things that should have been caught before public releases.
- Stability - We have had a few instances where we have lost our VPN connection or certain other services have gone offline. Since we run a SaaS environment, we are typically not able to troubleshoot in-house. Support is again very helpful, however this can cause an impact to business.
- Better customer service
- Higher level of team efficiency
- More collaborative efforts
Cherwell Service Management is extremely adaptable. It works well in environments like ours which contain decentralized IT contacts. This ITSM system is also good for multiple uses beyond tickets - CMDB, Knowledge Base, Change Management, etc.
The system is also highly customizable. We worked with the vendor to make our interface completely unique and suited to our needs. Our implementation looks absolutely nothing like the out of the box product, yet still maintains the same (and more) functionality.