Cisco Meraki made easy!
Updated August 18, 2022
Cisco Meraki made easy!
Senior Network Administrator
Birchcliff Energy Ltd.Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Meraki MS
We use Cisco Meraki switches and wireless access points across our entire infrastructure. It makes it very easy to scale out and scale up with minimal effort and administration. Troubleshooting user issues is very easy to navigate with the cloud portal. As well, in times of network segmentation issues local switch management is just as easy!
- Easy administration.
- Easy deployment.
- Easy graphical troubleshooting portal.
- Firmware management could be a little [more] customer change management centric.
- Some of the online portal could be more pop-out driven instead of navigating back and forth between pages and reloading the page to do simple things.
- Instances where Meraki switches won't have cloud access for long periods of time make it difficult to be able to maintain switch code configuration.
- We scaled out existing networks way faster and way easier.
- We have added new sites with new switch and network configuration requirements way faster and easier.
- Because Meraki switches integrate so seamlessly with Meraki Wi-Fi it makes Wi-Fi management very easy and very straightforward.
With switch management so easy to administer we have enabled some business people to help us remotely plug in devices and bring them online with little to no IT help. This saves us scheduling IT resources to visit remote sites and enable users to be more productive, much sooner.
I give Cisco Meraki gear a near 100% rating for any business in the small to medium-sized business scenario. Only large organizations have certain business needs that Meraki gear may or may not provide the 99.9% uptime IT professionals and management would demand. Cisco Meraki gear is very scalable as an organization grows and makes it easy to scale up and scale out as needed.
Cisco Meraki equipment is easier to configure, setup, and deploy as well as manage. The only thing I will say for the other gear is that they have their special niche requirements, protocol options, and special configuration options that not all Meraki gear has. Meraki gear cannot do everything that other switches out there can do for specific requirements. For the most common network requirements, Meraki can do it!