Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Meraki Wireless Access Point
The Cisco Meraki Wireless Access Points in our office are in use across the entire organization. It provides full, secure wireless coverage for both guests and corporate users and also provides visibility into what is happening on the wireless networks.
- Network visibility and reporting through the Meraki dashboard
- Easy provisioning and onboarding of new Access Points
- Secure Guest access through built in firewall
- Content Filtering and group policy out of the box
- Could allow for more detailed reporting that is only currently available to Meraki technical support
- Auto-detection of external antennas instead of manual configuration per AP
- Advanced features such as Clean Air that are only available with Cisco APs currently
- The only negative ROI I can think of is the recurring licensing costs. You are forced to renew licenses each year or the system will no longer function. With other systems this ongoing cost for maintenance is optional.
Cisco Meraki provides a management portal which makes the provisioning and configuration process much easier than with other vendors. It also provides out of the box security and visibility features without needed to purchase additional products or add on licenses. The performance is also on par with many other competitor's wireless solutions.
Cisco Meraki support has been very helpful when it comes to troubleshooting and supporting their products. There is an online knowledge base with tons of documentation and there is also 24x7 phone support available as part of the dashboard license. Every time I've called support, the engineer I spoke with has been very informative and dedicated to resolving my problems.
Do you think Cisco Meraki Wireless Access Point delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco Meraki Wireless Access Point's feature set?
Did Cisco Meraki Wireless Access Point live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cisco Meraki Wireless Access Point go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco Meraki Wireless Access Point again?
Cisco Meraki is well suited for general wireless access in most office environments. Unless there is a need for advanced tuning of specific channels or having a physical controller on premise, the Meraki solution is great. It provides ease of use, secure access, network visibility and zero touch provisioning all out of the box.