December 15, 2014
Score 6 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ClearSlide
The product is being used by the entire sales organization. It may soon be replaced by Lync (in process).
- Simple straightforward means to present a slide deck
- No client needed for browser
- Simple URL to provide to audience
- Remote desktop functionality is sometimes unstable
- Tracking of how long users are on is not available
- Whiteboarding and functionality for interactiveness is not as strong as other products
- Ability to perform initial interest in the product
- Ability to move a prospect quickly along in the sales process
- Efficient and effective time management due to the reliability of the product
ClearSlide is not as feature rich as many of its competitors. Its biggest advantage is in its simplicity. As feature rich as WebEx, GoToMeeting, Adobe Connect and others are, there continues to be issues related to reliability and the ability to launch the application in a timely manner. All of these are hosted or SAAS offerings so that is a level playing field.
There is limited functionality and as you look at the Office 365 Suite the Lync is included and although it is somewhat unreliable it is included in the package if you will.
When the goal of an organization is to provide a platform that is simple for presenting slide decks, ClearSlide is an excellent product. You do not run into the issues of client loads and the technical delays that are associated with Lync, Adobe, WebEx, GoToMeeting and many of its competitors.