Overall Satisfaction with Cloudant
We use Cloudant as our primary data store for a marketplace solution.
- Cloudant is flexible and fast. From basic document storage, to aggregate data requests, to creating graph data models, Cloudant was flexible enough to handle it.
- Cloudant events every record change enabling an easy way to event everything.
- The Cloudant support team is fantastic.
- At the time, filtered replication is sub-optimal for large data sets. This will improve over time.
- The divide (cost & performance) from tenant to dedicated is a bit wide for startups.
We switched to one data source per service, therefore, a lot of the relational data with ad-hoc queries went away. The NoSQL solution allowed us to be more flexible in the way we handled our data. Thus, we were able to go to market faster and iterate quicker than what we would normally achieve in a traditional database. Additionally, Cloudant enabled us to not worry about scaling.
We migrated from the tenant to dedicated cluster as we grew. Today, the cluster performs so well we have yet scale out again. When we do, I have little doubt it will be easy and efficient.
Cloudant allows me to sleep at night. I never worry about maintenance, operations, scaling, etc. I can easily see and be notified of potential problems -- though we never had one. On the rare occasion there was a service interruption, Cloudant was on top of it before I could notify them. There is very little time required by my team to think about database operations, which gives us more time to build revenue making features.