Reviews (1-4 of 4)
December 13, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
Leanplum has been utilized by my client for both transactional & marketing push notifications & messaging. A problem the client had was correlating push activity with engagement & customer KPIs. Leanplum offers advanced analysis that allows users to correlate many different metrics & formulas to specific or multiple push events. Additionally, Leanplum offers advanced segmentation capabilities that many similar services did not offer at the time of evaluation.
- Leanplum handles user data & segmentation very well. There are many different system & custom fields you can segment on. The field type & segment local operator support is really advanced, allowing you to slice your lists or data any way you want.
- Out of the box, Leanplum provides many types of analysis to understand how events affect customer interaction with your product. If you fully integrate with the SDK and send detailed interaction & product purchase events, Leanplum can give you great user & financial insights.
- Leanplum's campaign setup process is intuitive and powerful. Setting up the segments and schedule is very easy. The A/B testing capabilities are also very powerful and the split test analysis view is very helpful.
- At the time of setup, the developer documentation was somewhat sparse. Especially when dealing with migrating tokens from a different vendor, we had to spend some time with our Account Manager & tech support figuring out the best way to integrate.
- Their sync API isn't quite as robust as other B2B vendors. The connection drops out or gives odd responses occasionally. It's important to have sync code in your backend that can handle these kinds of errors robustly.
- Their email functionality is a comparable even to a tool like MailChimp.
Read Alec Dibble's full review
I think Leanplum is great for any company that needs to use push notification to drive revenue or KPI growth. I often find that it can be very costly to integrate analytics solutions & also build good reporting from the data. Leanplum provides a lot of great analytics & reporting right out of the box, especially around push events. This makes it much easier for the managing marketing user to optimize campaigns and increase their team & company's KPIs.
December 10, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Leanplum is used by our marketing and support teams. It's been integral for delivering mobile campaigns and updates to our customers. Segmenting and AB testing is very easy with Leanplum, and viewing an entire path/history of a campaign is easy.
- Viewing the history of a campaign. Leanplum shows exactly what a customer has been sent on which dates/times and due to which actions.
- AB Testing - allows us to see which messages are appreciated/opened more by which customers
- Team collaboration - we can see easily how recently a campaign or message was updated
- Occasionally the UI can take a while to load after login, I need to refresh every now and then. It might be due to the amount of information - not sure.
- The search area of the User screen can be a bit confusing, it took some getting used to at first. The area that I wanted to click (Look up User...) is grayed out, maybe two different buttons on this screen would be more clear rather than a toggle.
Read Becky Jewell Laughton's full review
Leanplum has been exciting for us to use. It's given us visibility into how our campaigns work, and most importantly, it's built with mobile apps and mobile delivery in mind. If you have a lot of content (blogs/emails) that needs to get delivered, and discrete customer segments, it's a good choice.
October 18, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
We are using Leanplum to provide analytics on the behaviors of our players within our mobile games, as well as to segment users in different groups to create In-App marketing offers (in-game pop-ups, Push notifications.) We also use it to dynamically adapt the configuration variables of the games based on these segments.
- Push notifications
- In-game pop-ups
- Variable customisation
- A/B testing
- Ability to create User Stories with a predefined funnel of actions that will chain themselves
- Ability to tag users once they enter or leave specific segments
- Should show in a simple page the main KPIS that matter for all our games at once
- More granularity in granting access to subsets (not sharing everything per account)
Read BORGET Sebastien's full review
While it was originally meant for e-commerce apps, we think Leanplum is suited perfectly to our main needs for mobile gaming
April 17, 2018
Score 6 out of 10
Leanplum is being used by our company to push out "In App Messaging" that tells our users of upcoming events or newly released sales on In App Purchases. It is also used when we want to target specific users based on a metric that we have on the user: such as how often they purchase in game content.
- The ability to send out a message to all of the users of our application at one time without an update to the store version, is one of the best features of Leanplum.
- Targeting specific users and being able to tailor a message just for them. No need to send out a message to all users if the message does not apply to all users.
- The meta data tracking of Leanplum is also very powerful for determining how and where to target the correct users for your upcoming applications or features.
- The web based dashboard is very hard to use and without extensive training, most people are not able to use it or could accidentally send out an unintended message to any or all users.
- If the Leanplum code is implemented in your software without extra care and testing it can break your entire application and effectively destroy your application.
- Leanplum can be very powerful almost too powerful that if you don't have a dedicated employee that can interface directly with Leanplum Engineers or focus their sole job task on supporting Leanplum; there isn't much use you can get out of Leanplum.
Read Matthew Guimond's full review
For sending out a messages to all application users (without having them update) or at least quite a large number of them is one of the best uses for Leanplum. Customers do not update their software quite as often as developers would like them to. While Leanplum does track some data it does not track that metadata quite as well as some of the data systems out there.
Leanplum Scorecard Summary
Leanplum is a mobile marketing automation and messaging platform with A/B testing and analytics, from the company of the same name headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Categories: A/B Testing, Marketing Automation, Mobile Analytics, Push Notifications, Mobile Marketing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Leanplum Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Leanplum Technical Details