Overall Satisfaction with CMiC Construction Platform
CMiC is being used by our Accounting team to manage our entire financial portfolio. Our Project Management team (myself included) uses CMiC for all financials relating to our specific projects (i.e budget, forecasting, change orders, etc).
- Reports: Mainly change order reports, this is great to present to our clients on a weekly basis.
- Budget upload and ease of transferring costs from one cost code to another.
- Forecasting: the monthly cost report never matches the forecasting, and it is very difficult to figure out where you went wrong in your forecasting to correct these errors.
- Once you enter a change order field (i.e 91002), if you entered any wrong information while "adding a new" change order type, you cannot go back and correct it.
- Improved forecasting accuracy.
- Increased project profitability and ease of identifying risks.
Do you think CMiC Construction Platform delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with CMiC Construction Platform's feature set?
Did CMiC Construction Platform live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of CMiC Construction Platform go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy CMiC Construction Platform again?
It is beneficial to our project teams to manage the financial aspect of the project. It is not so beneficial in terms of displaying an accurate picture of the job from a holistic perspective, as we only use it for financials. As far as the back end (i.e accounting, payroll, etc) I am not involved in that process.
It is well suited for financials, change orders, budget uploads, and reports. It is not so great for submittals and RFIs (our company has now switched to Procore for those elements of the project).