Overall Satisfaction with Concur Travel and Expense
Concur Travel and Expense is used throughout the organization of my client. It tracks expenses for trips already taken, business supplies, etc and it also serves as a means to book travel in advance which includes airfare, hotels, car rental, & food. It keeps everything in one place where the whole team can address any needs or issues on the portal.
- When using a company card that is registered with Concur, it automatically tracks expenses which saves time.
- You are able to input frequent traveler information into Concur so that you're always earning your rewards and getting the best prices.
- With Concur you're able to select many options for expenses to be as detailed as needed for purchasing.
- When inputting hotel stays with rates for different nights, it's a little challenging to navigate how to change it so it matches receipts. The default is to duplicate the first night stay which isn't always the case.
- Exceptions pop up when adding expenses not using a company card. It causes noise when trying to submit a clean report.
- There aren't enough codes for food...there should be a snack option.
- Reimbursement turnaround times are significantly faster.
- Reporting numbers are obtained easily and quickly
- Employees are able to upload necessary documents on their own in an organized fashion
I have not used any other expense management products.
The fact that Concur is a web-based platform means that employees can access it anywhere they have an internet connection. It keeps the expense reports accurate as well as being submitted in a timely fashion. While it's not necessarily innovative, it is certainly one of the most appealing aspects of the software.
Concur is rather user-friendly and that engages our employees to want to and to be able to enter in their own expenses and travel. Had Concur been something that would require a whole lot of training, I doubt that it would be used as efficiently or as often as it is.
I think Concur Travel and Expense is better suited for larger companies that have a wide territory of employee locations. But along with that wide territory, it would be for employees that travel frequently. Something of this magnitude is not necessary for a small company that can use a more simplistic platform.