Fully Comprehensive LMS
September 20, 2019
Fully Comprehensive LMS
Score 7 out of 10
- Learning Suite
Overall Satisfaction with Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand's learning module is used by our entire organization. We use it to deliver a compliance training solution as well as various learning and development initiatives and clinical education training. We deliver our Health and Safety and Privacy training through the platform as well. As a segmented organization located in multiple states, it has allowed us to have training in a centralized area vs each state being required to come up with their own solution to a training strategy.
- Reporting and completion monitoring - The ability to get real-time data on demand on training status is vital.
- Customization of learner groups - Being able to form groups on specific criteria helps us get specialized training to the correct people.
- Stable and reliable platform - Downtime is almost non-existent outside of scheduled maintenance. I can only remember one time in 4 years where there was a significant outage.
- More modernization of platform - There are multiple modules throughout the product that were designed many years ago, which results in inconsistent user experience. Especially with the mobile interface
- Better UX testing - Many new features that get introduced go through several iterations and redesigns after their release. Getting ahead of these UX issues before a release would allow them to introduce more fleshed out products. "Early adopter" seems to be their code word for beta tester.
- More customization in new features - The learner home should be completely customizable in order to shape the powerful new tools to the design preferences of our organization.
- We have been able to centralize our training budget as a company rather than maintaining multiple relationships with multiple vendors.
- Smoother monitoring and assignment solutions have saved on administrative costs for training programs.
- Quick real-time reporting allows for quick answers in audit situations, resulting in fewer fines for our clinics when proof of training is required.
Due to the size and varied approaches to training throughout our organization, a solution like Cornerstone which covers all of the many different lanes we run in is essential to providing a seamless experience to our end users. Keeping everything under one roof has been extremely valuable to our organization in the administration of these programs.
Cornerstone is probably the most robust LMS out there on the market. That being said, it isn't necessary for all organizations. If you have a multi-faceted approach to learning with many different types of delivery, this is probably a good product to look into. If you are more one dimensional, there are probably more economical approaches to your solution that would suit your organization better than Cornerstone.