https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/h7/ZB/E14F59TEXATE.JPEGReaders interested in SuccessFactors Talent SolutionsSuccessFactors Talent Solutions is being used across the whole organization. This system has allowed us to consolidate multiple HR platforms/systems into one solution using SuccessFactors. The previous HRIS was no longer going to be supported and that encouraged us to move into a new system.,The Recruiting module is one of the best tools on SuccessFactors. This has so many capabilities and has truly helped managing all the positions and candidates that have applied to our requisitions. The Learning module is a great asset to provide and push out required training for all employees. Tracking and reporting is seamless and easy to execute. Easy to manage, update and provide to all or a few employees. Performance and Goals module is a great way to track and maintain professional and personal goals. This process is easy to track, update when needed, and beneficial for manager and direct reports. Powerful and accurate goal management for all levels. Reporting module is easy to create own customized reports as needed that may not be standard out of the box. Ability to share those reports across groups/employees is extremely beneficial. The org chart functiality is really impressive. You can make edits/changes within the org chart that have real time effects. The ease to view divisions and company org charts is so simple. One of the best features of any HRIS I have ever experienced.,The app for ios and android have room for improvement. They are aware of the limitations but amount of access and functionality is not where it needs to be. The homepage of Successfactors takes longer to load and refresh itself. Especially true when viewing employee files. That is partially due to how much information is having to show on the page but it still seems to take more time than usual to show each screen. You can't change the amount of time the homepage will lock you out from inactivity. This might seem minuscule but it causes so many painful re-logins and time wasting effort to login again. There currently isn't an option to change the time before lockout.,8,We are just now getting the reports out to locations to better provide the ROI. One big area I am already seeing is in the recruiting portal in which you can pull "time to fill" and "diversity" candidates in which in previous HRIS it was harder to view and pull that data. Negative impact is having to train 30000+ employees to learn a new system and processes. That has impacted the ROI but will eventually require less HR support as greater access/ease of use for employees will limit HR administrative tasks. This will allow more time to perform other functions. The real time updates has provided less wait time for employees to see critical changes as it relates to payroll. The positive review and engagement from employees has been tremendous.,Workday Human Capital Management, Paycor and ADP Resource,SuccessFactors Employee Central, SuccessFactors Workforce AnalyticsSuccessFactors is worth the hype!SuccessFactors Talent Solutions allows our organization to gain a real understanding of how our employees are performing across all departments. We use it across the entire organization at both the exempt and non-exempt levels.,User friendly for those who are not computer literate Easy flow process Comprehensive,Sometimes there are too many clicks to get to where you want to go,9,It has given us a more streamlined performance review process It has kept us on track with our deadlines Proper approvals have been set in place and are now followed,SuccessFactors!Success Factors is currently being used my our entire organization and was also used within my past role as well. This software addresses multiple business solutions but I think the most relevant would be the need to track performance and execute projects and deliverables. This tool allows us to track how new hires and current employees are doing within our organization and also set goals for future performance on accounts and with clients. HR is easily able to see this information which makes it ideal for our teams and an organization of this size.,The integration of many aspects into one software. Easy to use and easy to train on how to use with new employees or hires. The performance learning management modules are excellent for performance time each year which can be hard.,More customizable interface. Very simple which is great but maybe some additional changes to the interface or tabs and easier to navigate. The recruitment tabs sometimes have a lag and with such a large scale software it can prove frustrating at times to click so much. You must hit search on the site to look for a candidate where as for speed I would prefer to click the enter button quickly on my keyboard.,8,Positive return on investment would be how many corproate employees are able to use the system collectively and make changes that are trackable. Pricey but for a large organization, I would recommend highly! Applicant tracking and recruitment management,iCIMS Talent Acquisition Software Suite, Bullhorn CRM and Bullhorn Recruitment CRMPerformance Reviews are a SnapIt is being used across the organization globally. We use the SuccessFactors employee performance module, the new employee portal, and the management development module.,Comprehensive coverage of the topics. Integrates with SAP HR platform. Easy to administer and generate reports.,If Leaning Management System seamlessly integrated to SAP HRIS, we would have purchased this module.,9,Keeps our goals in the forefront so do not lose sight of them.,DDI System InformSuccessFactors (SxFTS) Talent Solutions ReviewSuccessFactors Talent Solutions (SxFTS) is being used throughout Carestream, across all employees - sales, technicians, managers, etc. SxFTS provides a standard and consistent out of the box platform to provide feedback to employees and executives.,Workflow uses email to prompt user actions. Single sign-on integrated very well with SuccessFactors Talent Solutions. Very intuitive interface and easy to navigate.,Manager reports are only available if you pay for them Best practices for using SuccessFactors Talent Solutions needs to be shared,8,SuccessFactors Talent Solutions has saved me time by providing professional and best practice employee development components in a single system. Employees are consistently assessed and evaluated across the board. Employees find the tool very easy to use.,,Planview Enterprise, Microsoft Project
SuccessFactors Talent Solutions

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions Reviews

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions
Filter 107 vetted SuccessFactors Talent Solutions reviews and ratings
May 16, 2018

Review: "Readers interested in SuccessFactors Talent Solutions"

• The Recruiting module is one of the best tools on SuccessFactors. This has so many capabilities and has truly helped managing all the positions and candidates that have applied to our requisitions.
  • The Learning module is a great asset to provide and push out required training for all employees. Tracking and reporting is seamless and easy to execute. Easy to manage, update and provide to all or a few employees.
  • Performance and Goals module is a great way to track and maintain professional and personal goals. This process is easy to track, update when needed, and beneficial for manager and direct reports. Powerful and accurate goal management for all levels.
  • Reporting module is easy to create own customized reports as needed that may not be standard out of the box. Ability to share those reports across groups/employees is extremely beneficial.
  • The org chart functiality is really impressive. You can make edits/changes within the org chart that have real time effects. The ease to view divisions and company org charts is so simple. One of the best features of any HRIS I have ever experienced.
  • The app for ios and android have room for improvement. They are aware of the limitations but amount of access and functionality is not where it needs to be.
  • The homepage of SuccessFactors takes longer to load and refresh itself. Especially true when viewing employee files. That is partially due to how much information is having to show on the page but it still seems to take more time than usual to show each screen.
  • You can't change the amount of time the homepage will lock you out from inactivity. This might seem minuscule but it causes so many painful re-logins and time wasting effort to login again. There currently isn't an option to change the time before lockout.
Positive: Great advantage is when using Recruiting, Performance Reviews, Goal management, and Training for your employees. The need for real-time updates and adjustments is imperative in the world of human resources.

Less Appropriate: The app is currently not up to par and would be a great asset once they update and release more features.
Read Adam Kasten, PHR's full review
April 30, 2018

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions Review: "SuccessFactors is worth the hype!"

• User friendly for those who are not computer literate
  • Easy flow process
  • Comprehensive
  • Sometimes there are too many clicks to get to where you want to go
I think it is well suited for a company that has web based platforms and an employee base that is computer savvy.
Read Stephanie Owens's full review
April 30, 2018

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions Review: "SuccessFactors!"

• The integration of many aspects into one software.
  • Easy to use and easy to train on how to use with new employees or hires.
  • The performance learning management modules are excellent for performance time each year which can be hard.
  • More customizable interface. Very simple which is great but maybe some additional changes to the interface or tabs and easier to navigate.
  • The recruitment tabs sometimes have a lag and with such a large scale software it can prove frustrating at times to click so much.
  • You must hit search on the site to look for a candidate where as for speed I would prefer to click the enter button quickly on my keyboard.
Performance management yearly reviews! This software is absolutely ideal for this time of year which can prove tremendously stressful for our HR department to manage. It allows goal setting and performance tracking for new hires and throughout the course of their time at our organization. Additionally, the recruitment tool is excellent, I love being able to track where my candidates are in the process, who they’ve met with, etc.
April 28, 2018

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions: "Performance Reviews are a Snap"

• Comprehensive coverage of the topics.
  • Integrates with SAP HR platform.
  • Easy to administer and generate reports.
  • If Leaning Management System seamlessly integrated to SAP HRIS, we would have purchased this module.
Works very well for employee performance appraisals and yearly reviews.
July 19, 2017

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions: "SuccessFactors (SxFTS) Talent Solutions Review"

• Workflow uses email to prompt user actions.
  • Single sign-on integrated very well with SuccessFactors Talent Solutions.
  • Very intuitive interface and easy to navigate.
  • Manager reports are only available if you pay for them
  • Best practices for using SuccessFactors Talent Solutions needs to be shared
SuccessFactors Talent Solutions is well suited for large organizations that strive to be fair and consistent with employees in their organizations. I use SuccessFactors Talent Solutions to manage my team of project managers. SuccessFactors Talent Solutions is easy to access and use in our organization.
Read Tony Morales, PMP, CSM's full review
August 01, 2016

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions: "SuccessFactors Performance Management Review"

SuccessFactors was used at AutoPoint as our performance management tool. We did performance reviews for every 6 months and also at every employees anniversary date with the company. These helped managers see employees goals through out the year and at the end of the year to see if they fulfilled all their goals. We used the results of the performance review to give merit increases where needed and also to assess where improvement plans needed to be put in place.
  • They are organized in their set up on their user interface.
  • Generating a Performance review to be sent out is a fairly simple/easy task to do.
  • Generating Reports on who has completed or not completed performance reviews is a simple/quick task.
  • Their customer service is non existent. When calling into their customer service you can never get a hold of anyone. You will stay on hold for 30 minutes and then the line will hang up on you. If you ever do get a hold of customer service they forward you all over the place til eventually the line gets disconnected and you are at the same place you were when you tried to call in the first place.
  • They do not offer any onsite training without paying a arm and a leg to have them come in. They offer only web seminars but you can go through a hour of seminar without getting an answer to the question you have.
  • Getting a password reset is a joke. Its a very hard task to do.
  • They are constantly having problems with their software sending emails telling the user they are working on fixing it. They send these 1-3 times a week!
I would not recommend SuccessFactors to any colleague because it was the most frustrating software to use. Out of all the software I use in my line of work, SuccessFactors is my least favorite. When I was hired at my company they were already using SuccessFactors, the person before me was already gone so she could not train me. After several weeks of trying to get a hold of SuccessFactors they final told me that I could go on webinars. These webinars were not helpful because I had no idea what they were talking about in the first place. On top of that they have several different functions and a lot of the functions they were explaining were not included in the package our company purchased. Their onsite training was way expensive, so not a option for my company. I could never get a hold of customer service, I would stay on hold until the line disconnected for a hour or so. When getting a hold of someone they transferred me from department to department until eventually the line disconnected. I had to self teach myself on pretty much everything we used in SuccessFactors.
Read Sierra Hirschi's full review
August 01, 2016

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions Review: "SF - up and coming!!!"

• SuccessFactors is on the cutting edge of technology and up and coming. This for me is exciting and to be fluent in the system, is a big plus.
  • In Recruiting - the system works real well. It's one of the best.
  • For Performance Management - being able to move forms and delete forms, for an Admin. is a great plus. We receive alot of positive responses on the PM module in SF.
  • There are MULTIPLE ways to do one thing. That is hard when you are training users.
  • Support is not very good. Sometimes tickets take weeks to get answered.
  • Performance of the system doesn't work too well at our company. It takes a long time for it to come up and then is sometimes very slow. Not sure if this is a SF issue however
I think once all the kinks of interfacing have been fixed in Success Factors, it will be an excellent system. Since it Employee Central is still so new, we are experencing an issue with the syncronization for SF Onboarding into EC. Also, I feel the reporting/analytics need some enhancements. Really do love their Performance Management tool and the LMS.
Read Ellen Meister's full review
July 28, 2016

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions: "PanLink Review"

• Very user friendly - easy to navigate the different platforms.
  • LMS platform offers a vast amount of options and and capabilities that tailor to our specific business needs.
  • The recruitment platform offers a way to track and report on several different areas needed for recruiting and candidate selection statistics.
  • There are multiple ways to access the same function or multiple ways of doing the same thing in the system which can get tricky.
  • The dialog box windows are very small especially in the LMS platform when you open a separate window you cannot change the box size.
It is a great system, with immense capabilities especially in the HR field. Our Learning Management has been taken to a whole different level and we have received positive feedback from our employee population.
Read Dana Colucci's full review
July 27, 2016

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions Review: "SuccessFactors Platform: Move beyond a system of record to a system of Engagement"

Part of our company strategy is to have a high performing organization and to help with that we needed to leverage and enhance our HR Technology. We use SuccessFactors globally to help create a system of engagement.
  • SuccessFactors designs their system around best practices.
  • SuccessFactors has quarterly upgrades and added features for their modules that help to improve the system, which helps to improve processes for the organization.
  • SuccessFactors system is cloud based, so employees can log on from anywhere to access the system.
  • Now that SuccessFactors is part of SAP, Data integration between the two systems is very important. There needs to be a an automatic update between the two instead of having to create a bunch of flat files that need to be imported manually. I know there are tools out there, but if your company is not on the latest version of SAP, you don't have a lot of options.
  • SuccessFactors Support is not the best. They are responsive, but most of the time there is a language barrier with their staff and you end up answering the same questions in 5 different ways. It takes too long to get resolution.
The system is well suited for any company that has team members and wants to have a user friendly system with workflow to help keep track of employee performance. Make sure integration works. Security is a must and talk to other companies who use the system.
Read Andrea Panasewich's full review
July 26, 2016

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions Review: "SuccessFactors is a success"

We are currently using SuccessFactors for Recruiting Management and Marketing, with other implementations well under way. It has been rolled out to the entire organization for both corporate and field. It has been a huge success allowing our managers to quickly hire their candidates and get them working. We are a 24/7 operation and allowing our managers to handle these tasks allow for less overhead at the corporate level.
  • SuccessFactors is constantly updating and improving their system, there is a huge community that is actually listened to. If the product doesn't do what you want today, it most likely will in the near future.
  • SuccessFactors is simple, users do not need a huge manual to navigate, it is intuitive and user friendly.
  • Streamlined, being able to do HR transactions at the touch of a mouse and having the system work for you is a huge advantage.
  • Down time, although this has drastically improved in the last 6 months. SuccessFactors is still a cloud service, and when the cloud goes down, everyone goes down.
  • Inconsistent feel. SuccessFactors was built on acquistions of other successful products. In some cases the different modules still feel like their old roots. Some items do not intermingle and that is a huge disconnect.
  • Teachings and How To. In both companies I have worked for with SuccessFactors, it seems that after Go Live there is a lot of learning left to do. I feel that there should be more formal training offered on the various products, and many more resources available.
When discussing with your SuccessFactors sales teams or your implementation partner, make sure you outline your entire process. I would even record the conversations. I have had experience with implementation partners, where they promise the product can do one thing, only to find out differently later in the process. I doubt any of this is intentional, but when someone doesn't know your business, it is easy for things to fall through the cracks.
Read Timothy Cassil's full review
September 08, 2016

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions: "SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM) review"

We are using SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM) across the whole organization. We are a global company and many countries have been integrated, but a few we are still working on due to translations. It is allowing those involved in recruiting to see the pipeline of candidates and where the candidates are coming from.
  • System of record
  • Lots of data
  • Ease of reporting
  • A few bugs, for example the Agency Portal
  • Duplicate candidates
SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM) is well suited for a large, global company. It is a great place to keep all your recruiting data that can flow into the other SuccessFactors modules easily.
June 03, 2015

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions Review: "Scale with SuccessFactors"

SuccessFactors is being used to store core employee information (title, start date, dept, etc) in Employee Central. Performance is being used for quarterly objective input. Compensation is used for calculating quarterly bonus payments and for mass compensation changes.
  • Visual organization chart and directory. This helps people connect easier and faster and provide a quick snapshot of the entire organization. Any headcount discrepancies are seen immediately and it allows business owners to inform HR and adjust/discuss as appropriate. We have many remote based employees and the org chart helps drive better connectedness.
  • Workflows. Workflows for approving changes and goals are very helpful in monitoring and auditing key business decisions. The workflows are easily customizable and gives employees a clear path of where a decision like promotion, job change, etc is in the approval chain. This reduces the need to send emails around for approvals - now everything is captured in one place and pulling reports provides an easy audit that all updates have been made.
  • Customizable performance forms. For our business, we did not want a overly complex process to enter goals, provide performance feedback, etc. The PM module was flexible in the changes we could make to capture the core info we wanted and not be stuck with a forced form structure that would include elements we did not want.
  • Module connectivity. The first thing to understand with SF is the difference between a core platform and forms. This means each of the modules has a different look and feel. As a result there is a fair amount of time that must be spent on configuration. For instance, Employee Central looks like a standard SaaS cloud application in terms of input fields, buttons, the homepage, etc. PM module is a form which means its not a static input page - its similar to taking an MS document and saving it as a web/HTML interface with buttons and functionality. PM has always been the lifeblood of SF and as a result it has a high degree of flexibility even though its a form. Compensation was disappointing. While it serves the purpose of collecting compensation info be it comp ranges, range penetration, and other key features, the look and feel is that of an Excel sheet in web/HTML view. It is the least flexible of the modules we configured and if used with EC, you need to be very strategic about what fields it pulls from that in turns impacts the way you make changes in EC, etc.
  • Analytics view. Reporting especially for Ad Hoc is very confusing. You can certainly see opportunities to gather great data but the dashboard, options selection, and other steps needed to get to a report is task intensive. You have to spend some time up front understanding the logic of reporting before you can really capture all the capability it can provide.
  • Admin dashboard. Regardless of the module you purchase, the admin dashboard will show you everything and grays out the modules you did not purchase. Within each of the choices and admin and setting choices, there is a bit of an overload of information to take in. It is highlighly recommended that training is purchased for the team that will ultimately own this system to detail each and every feature in admin panel.
SuccessFactors is a platform that can grow with you. Generally speaking HR software that is targeted to under 500 people lacks a host of important features that are needed in business; workflows for approvals being the main one. SF has this as a core feature which is critical when looking at scale. SF can handle more complex organizations that include matrix, division, acquisition, etc., but keep in mind all of these foundation objects require a good amount of time and configuration to work properly. Mid-size to larger companies, as a result, are better suited for this platform. If you look at the modules as stand alones, then PM is great for implementing a flexible goals and performance product; something that is suitable for a variety of organizations regardless of their stage of development.

In terms of selection, be very clear about your strategy and what you want to achieve especially if you have an existing system you are looking to replace or one that you want to integrate with. When you construct a Statement of Work (SOW) of requirements start with the ideal state and work back into the capabilities. Easier if you have nothing in place and start with SuccessFactors but more complex when other system and process dependencies are involved.
Read Tony Deblauwe's full review
February 05, 2015

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions Review: "Great can always get better. And it is."

• Overall good product. They have a myriad of options, the modules are highly customizable, and it's not buggy.
  • SuccessFactors is always working to provide ways for admins to do more - even those of us that don't write code. The SuccessFactory was a great innovation that allowed us to make adjustments to our modules without having to engage a professional services company or one of their implementation teams.
  • Innovation - the company really is interested in making a better product and making the experience of their users better. There are constantly new upgrades (that are actually good!) coming out, and they often poll their user base for interest on new features.
  • Occasionally you'll see some inconsistencies. For instance, on our review form (Revolution interface) all of the ratings are provided on a sleek, graphical 5-star rating. You click on the star that corresponds to the rating that you want to give to the employee. This is true for Goals and Competencies, yet for someone reason the Overall Form rating at the bottom is a picklist from a dropdown menu, not the same graphical stars. The scale is the same, it just makes you scratch your head a little bit as to why they didn't make them all the same. Works perfectly fine, just a little odd. This sort of thing isn't unusual.
  • The SuccessFactors implementation team is typically not as good as some of their more pricey outside vendors, especially if you get an engineer that does not speak English as a native language. We did our first implementation with a SuccessFactors guide and he was much better at telling us everything that we could do, not necessarily what we wanted to do. We ended up with a highly customized (really more like re-purposed/rigged) system that wasn't very intuitive. It did everything that we had asked for, just not very well and had we known that we wouldn't have asked! We did several other implementations with Aasonn that went fabulously. They were much better at saying, "yes, you could configure it that way...but this will be how it looks and it will have ____ negative effect." For our last change to the Revolution UI we went back in-house thinking our experience would help the process. I'm sure it did, but it was still a struggle for things that Aasonn would have handled much more easily.
The product is good and it's constantly getting better. If you're starting from scratch, ask them for process advice as well as system implementation advice. There are many things that they can do that you really don't want them to do. Take the best practice approach for your review process, go for the most sleek, most streamlined process so that your reviews are about the employee not about navigating through the software that you've set up. The interface (especially the new Revolution UI) is beautiful, the product features are rich, the new product pipeline is deep, and they provide good self help and engineering support. Highly recommend!
Read Jim Spena's full review
July 14, 2015

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions Review: "Project manager, ACIG JSC"

We use SuccessFactors for our social project. The aim is to support, find, appraise and develop young professionals under 30 years old.

Main modules used:

• SAP Jam for communication with participants
  • Employee profile for management and enumeration
  • Performance for appraise and evaluate projects and participants according to competency model
  • Learning for develop participants and manage education events
SuccessFactors supports full cycle of interaction with participants under the program.
  • Participants interaction by SAP Jam
  • Manage, collect and analyze performance appraisal process
  • Role based model for content
  • Usability of report creation
  • Administration interface and usability
Good:
Short period to go.
Lack of expertise in technical qualification (HW, SW etc).
Access to best practices
Read Anton Smorodin's full review
March 08, 2015

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions Review: "Successfactors Talent Management Solutions"

I work in a SuccessFactors partner company, I am responsible for SuccessFactors Talent Management delivery, including Goals, Performance, Compensation, Learning, Succession, Analytics and Integration. Our customers use different SuccessFactors modules based on their needs. My organization used SuccessFactors internally for performance management and knowledge management. SuccessFactors solutions help organizations to align the workforce with strategy and optimize their performance management.
  • It´s a very complete talent management suite, provides complete offers across all talent processes, recruiting, learning, performance, social. SuccessFactors has a high level of functionality.
  • It´s fully configurable application. This allows a rapid implementation and goes live in a short time.
  • It´s easy to use and a very intuitive application.
  • The integration between the different modules is not well resolved. In some cases it´s necessary to duplicate information or a complex configuration.
  • The SAP integration is already poor. SuccessFatcors supports a standard integration but the space it´s very limited.
  • The post sales service and support has room for improvement.

I think it´s very appropriate for a medium company with a very standard talent management process. In particular for LMS or Performance management solutions, they are the most complete solutions. It´s a very flexible solution that can easily adapt to the company needs. The integration between modules is the weakest point. It´s also not an organic application, it´s really the result of multiple acquisitions.

Perhaps the most important question during the selection process: What is the functionality of the different modules and technical integrations?

Read Albano García Pelaz's full review
February 17, 2015

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions: "SF Review"

I worked for Aon Hewitt as a Client Manager. My client out-sourced their Talent Management to Aon Hewitt and we test piloted SuccessFactors Social Collaboration tool and the Learning Management System. The client was interested in testing those modules to add to their existing Performance Management module.
  • Excellent User Interface
  • Very Good integration with other SF Modules
  • Better implementatin to non-SF modules
  • Continue to improve user interface (GUI)
Read Jim Cook's full review
February 08, 2015

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions Review: "SuccessFactors a significant factor in company success!"

First implemented succession management module to support our new talent review process. Ultimately utilized SuccessFactors across the entire enterprise to automate our goal setting and performance management process. We were also able to bring our 360 development feedback process internally to saving money and significantly increase control and ease of administration of the process.
  • From an end user perspective, the experience is intuitive and easy to navigate.
  • Dashboard functionality is a great "see at a glance" reporting tool.
  • The employee profile is easy to augment and report on.
  • Ad hoc reporting is a bit cumbersome.
  • Being able to reorder display columns for standard reports would really enhance the system.
  • Bring back SuccessFactory so I can continue to configure the system without having to engage SuccessFactors' help desk.
  • Add "importance" rating to 360 feedback process.
The goal setting and cascade process, supported by flexible goals library functionality, is particularly well suited for aligning employees' efforts and documenting results throughout the performance cycle.
Read Chris Cimitile's full review
February 06, 2015

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions: "Integration, Holistic, Leverage, Strategic: What other words could possibly make this title catchier?"

Allstate made a deliberate decision to implement across the enterprise at staggered roll-out of various SuccessFactors (SF) modules within the last few years. At first, we stood up the Goals, Performance, Calibration (or Talent Assessment/9-box), Succession, and Analytics modules. We wanted to focus on beginning the change-journey toward a different performance management mindset. We're now implementing the Recruiting model. In the last year, we've also moved our global workforce to the platform.

The roll-out was meant to help address several business problems, some of which included (a) having no centralized repository of the multiple talent data-points that could be easily leveraged at the enterprise level; (b) silo-ed or disjointed approaches to evaluating talent; (c) disconnected talent data, elements of which were captured in time-intensive sessions only to be used episodically or seasonally; and (d) prima facie decision-making that lacked strong correlation or even predictive strength.

We currently use the tool to help us dive into a more frequent cadence of feedback sessions that utilize a holistic viewpoint of talent, from performance, to potential, to development and succession, to the rewards associated with success.
  • The system leverages best practices to make it easy for first time users to begin applying the concepts immediately.
  • The interface is fairly intuitive, enables some customization, and brings together key elements to make them easily accessible.
  • The integration of modules makes it easy to quickly form a holistic view of talent.
  • The system doesn't make the use of the Analytics component easy on the end user. It takes data-savvy, tech-oriented individuals time enough to find and manipulate the data, let alone the overwhelmed manager in the business.
  • The back-end environment makes it tough to do some innovative things sometimes. For example, though Talent Pools are a great concept, the way in which SuccessFactors envisions their use and display compared to the way some of us at Allstate envision their use and display, limits the way we can leverage this feature in the tool.
I suggest spending a good amount of time reflecting and directing questions internally.

1. Do we have robust processes already that SuccessFactors can enhance? SuccesFactors is an enabler, so if the answer is no to the first part of the question, then I'd say "no" to acquiring SuccessFactors...at least, until one can say yes to the first part.

2. What will happen with our current talent data, our current platform? Will SuccessFactors replace it? Will it overlay and integrate with it? Make sure there's a clear understanding of the pros and cons of the approach you want to take.

3. Are we committed to innovation and change? Not only does this related to the first implementation of the system and its impacted to culture from the get-go; it also relates to the ongoing commitment to keep up with the advances in the talent space. SF commits to do this and updates its systems regularly.

4. Are we ready to expect and enable our end users to be owners of the tool too? SF places a lot of power in the users' hands. Will our organization empower and expect the end users to become proficient and fully leverage it?

Read Lloyd Baker, MBA, SPHR's full review
January 07, 2014

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions Review: "An unbiased assessment"

• Base Compensation Module runs smoothly and is efficient.
  • The Platinum Support Reps are invaluable. Expensive but worth every penny. They work with you on a daily basis to support your individual company needs and keep you abreast of the updates and changes that will help you use SF to its fullest potential.
  • It is a powerful suite of modules that has the potential to provide an integrated soup to nuts HR solution.
  • The bonus planning module is cumbersome and overly complex to administer and program each year. It is not intuitive - for example, the administrator must manually calculate the bonus targets outside of the system and input them manually because SF is not intuitive enough to do the calculations on its own.
  • The talent management suite was in its infancy when I started using it. It has had been developed and fine tuned quite a bit since then but is still not as intuitive and easy to administer as other talent management tools available in the market place.
  • SF is a hierarchical based system, like others on the market. This presents difficulties when dealing with a matrixed organization. The person who is planning the compensation or performance mgmt is not always the one doing the review or familiar with the employee. There are work arounds but they are manual and are affected by any changes made to the data system that is used to feed SF.
It would depend on what the company's needs and size are. As I mentioned earlier, I don't believe that a small company would recognize an ROI on a full suite of SF modules as it isn't cheap and there are other products on the market that would be better suited and priced for a small company. But a midsized company could potentially benefit from SF. I would recommend it as a contender when looking at any module but don't expect every module to function as well as the other. For example, the Talent Management module still needs more development to become the robust tool that can compete with others in the marketplace. But other modules, like base compensation planning, are a more mature and developed SF module and if that's what a company needs then defintiely take a look at SF. I would caution, as with purchasing any other large system, to ask questions about the customization of the product and the on going maintentance and customization needs for your business. The base implementation is expensive already but with the additional customization and training and support and maintenance costs . . . . . your ROI will be shrinking quickly.
Read Jennifer Murillo's full review
December 24, 2013

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions Review: "A beautiful baby but delivery was painful"

• The LMS is very user friendly for general users. The user interface is very straight forward and easy to understand. We don't even need to do user training when we implement the LMS.
  • The career portal is very well designed. It allows the internal and external candidates to maintain their profile and keep abreast with our company's open positions worldwide. This is important for a global company like us.
  • The succession planning and performance management dashboard is great.
  • Though the user interface is easy and simple, the system admin side of the LMS is way too complicated. The architecture is complex, it takes too many steps to set up a learning item. Plus the windows in which the admin role needs to edit the content, are often very small.
  • The approval chain of the recruitment module has very limited number of roles (approval steps). For a matrix type of organization, this is difficult to cater day-to-day needs.
  • In general, the report function of the recruitment module and performance management module is poor. Maybe our corporate system admin has granted us limited access right, but from our experience of managing 1800 users in USA, the built-in report function is not to our satisfactory.
  • Till today we still can't run candidate report that we need for AAP reporting purpose.
I would recommend because SuccessFactor provides a holistic HRIS that will allow us manage core HR functions in one system. Though a lot more improvement is needed to integrate the different modules, the SuccessFactor is a good platform where human capital is instantly visible. The key learning from my experience is the system implementation, and the reporting function in recruitment module is a key improvement area in our practice.
Read Susan Zheng's full review
March 31, 2014

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions: "SuccessFactors review"

• It is easy to track applicants for jobs and see where they are within the candidate pipeline
  • Creating and modifying goals is easy to do and it's nice that you can see others' goals easily and link them to yours
  • Overall I think SuccessFactors is easy to navigate as a user
  • The LMS/learning system is very hard to use from an administrator standpoint, and the support from SuccessFactors in figuring out how to use it is poor.
  • My experiences working with SuccessFactors to resolve issues or answer questions are mostly poor. They do not provide the support and guidance I would expect and it's often difficult to get a timely answer or for someone on their end to take responsibility for fixing an issue
  • It seems to be difficult to make changes to the system after we've gone "live" with a module. It would be nice to have more flexibility
I would strongly recommend going with SuccessFactors only if you have previously used a HRIS and know exactly what you want from the system. This was our first HRIS and it's been difficult to implement because we did not have the structure already in place for SF to copy and SF did not provide us with the level of guidance we needed.
Read Jill Rickerson, PHR's full review
July 01, 2014

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions Review: "Benefits of online Goal and Performance Management"

We use it for goal management, performance management, talent management and 360 degree review. It is used by the whole organization. It helps with tracking goals and performance management.
  • Goal Management
  • Performance Management
  • Talent Management
  • Business Intelligence
  • Global Workforce Mgt
It helps in getting overall goal and performance management online and standardized across the organization. We wanted global access and also competency based performance management.
Read Sanjay Bhasin, PHR's full review
February 16, 2016

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions Review: "Streamlining through SuccessFactors"

The system is used by the majority of our organization. Streamlines the process across all locations, easily track applicants, their status, and provide feedback.
  • Streamlines process - all the information is in one place
  • Allows for communication between reviewers as well as candidate
  • Research is simplified
  • Housing all of that data can make it cumbersome. More drop-down lists could help
Cost may make it better suited for large companies.
April 29, 2015

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions Review: "SuccessFactors - leader turned lagger"

We implemented Performance Management globally back in 2006. We immediately thereafter added Total Goal Management which is also used globally. These were implemented outside our core HCM because the solution provided by our existing provider was sub-par. In 2008, we expanded our talent management offering by adding Career Development Planning and Succession. These have not been implemented globally. They were purchased to create a succession plan and in support of our focus on developing internal talent. As our organization matures in the succession process, the intent is to cascade down to all managers.
  • Performance appraisals are fairly simple. When we implemented, we had to create a form for each variation of content and language combination which made it a maintenance issue. The product now offers the ability to have a single form which can be translated into multiple languages. The process has been fairly intuitive for our managers who appreciate the continuity more than anything.
  • Appraisals can be conducted offline and then uploaded back into the system which is convenient for our traveling Sales staff. The process itself is either easy to grasp or our users can't track with it, so the results are a bit mixed but the opportunity is solid.
  • SMART goals are easy to maintain. There are areas that you should consider before establishing your goal foundation. If you want your goals to be private, this has impact to the goal content being visible on the dashboards. Only those with admin reporting privileges can truly report out private goal content.
  • Your core data restricts you to a handful of custom fields/filters that are used for areas such as security, reporting privileges, etc. You must have strong forward thinking to consider which filters you will require and still have flexibility built in as your needs will certainly change over time.
  • Support is a constant area of improvement. When SuccessFactors moved to a tiered model, it grew difficult to ever have our issues resolved at the lowest tier. They didn't understand the issue, were slow to respond and it took forever to escalate. SuccessFactors now markets a Platinum Support option which comes at a price, though we've had mixed results. Their AZ data center seems to have frequent issues which impact your ability to login, run reports, etc. If you purchase Platinum Support, you will be on the 'good' data center and should have limited issues.
  • Reporting is still a bit clunky and can be an issue, though SuccessFactors has provided more options in recent years including Ad hoc Reporting, Dashboards 2.0, etc.
SuccessFactors' original offering focused on Talent Management is fairly strong. They have not yet gained a robust total HCM solution. When evaluating their total solution, it was presented as a single solution yet they have partners/purchased systems that will facilitate areas such as benefits and time & labor. The system has some flexibility, yet in other basic areas they fall down. For example, if you set your appraisal route map to go from a self-appraisal to the manager's assessment, you have the ability to enforce deadlines in your process and have the system 'auto route' the appraisal to the manager. If the employee hasn't completed his self-assessment, you can send the appraisal back however if the manager has entered any ratings or comments, whether approved or not they become visible to the employee. New features are added, yet many of these are fee-based and not included in the existing licensing agreement. For example, if you want to take advantage of role-based security outside of your initial implementation, that's a fee. It becomes hard to budget for and justify some of the upgrades and new functionality when you're constantly being nickel-and-dimed.
July 14, 2015

SuccessFactors Talent Solutions Review: "Failure Factors-implementation through production"

SuccessFactors is being used for talent acquisition, talent management, and onboarding as well as other modules for HR.
  • From a Talent Acquisition perspective SuccessFactors does nothing well compared to its competitors.
  • Technical Support
  • Technical Architecture
  • GUI-Graphical User Interface
  • Work flow
  • Limit the nimber of clicks...very clunky
Look at Taleo for talent acquisition or other products that may interface with SAP. If you are looking at SuccessFactors, run away fast. The implementation was a disaster and the support is less than terrible. It is obvious that someone with a recruiting background was not consulted in the design.

New hire portal (7)
Manager tracking tools (9)
Compliance tracking and reporting (12)
Corporate goal setting (16)
Subordinate goal setting (17)
Individual goal setting (18)
Line-of sight-visibility (16)
Performance tracking (17)
9.6
Performance plans (16)
Plan weighting (14)
Performance improvement plans (12)
Review status tracking (16)
Rater nomination workflow (12)
Review reminders (17)
9.5
Workflow restrictions (14)
6.7
Multiple review frequency (14)
6.6
Reporting (17)
Create succession plans/pools (12)
Candidate ranking (15)
Candidate search (13)
Candidate development (13)
Job Requisition Management (6)
Company Website Posting (4)
Publish to Social Media (3)
Job Search Site Posting (4)
Customized Application Form (5)
Resume Management (6)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (5)
Candidate Search (5)
6.6
Applicant Tracking (6)
Collaboration (6)
Task Creation and Delegation (6)
Email Templates (7)
User Permissions (7)
Notifications and Alerts (8)
Reporting (7)