Overall Satisfaction with Cornerstone OnDemand
So Cornerstone is being used twofold. The first is as an LMS to store all of our learning content. The 2nd is that it is used to build out our learning platform. Our learning platform is built out based on titles so our learning paths allow anyone from entry level employees to managers to get training. As the user continues to do his or her training the system automatically gives them courses based on seniority or if they get promoted. This is one of the best features of the system and it's why we love it so much.
- Easy to build courses without needing an LMS admin
- Easy to transfer courses from a different LMS to this system
- The system is very user friendly and it's easy to learn and navigate with minimal training.
- I wish that most systems adapted a drag and pull system when adding courses when creating learning paths, this is one of those systems that doesn't do that.
- It allowed our training to be done faster and to be transferred to a better system.
- It was cheaper than the last LMS that we had with more features.
- It allowed us to optimize our training by adding more training videos.
Like most LMS systems they have the same basic core components, but where Cornerstone in my opinion really stacks up is that it has great customer support and consultants that can help you build your training platform, so they just don't provide you with an LMS, they help build your training. Also it's very easy for you to get into the system with very little training. SABA has the same features but it's a little harder to learn as well as Talent, but like anything you need to review the LMS to see what works for your organization.
The only time Cornerstone OnDemand is less appropriate is based on your company size as Cornerstone is better suited for larger organizations that have at least 1,000 employees and this is seen in the cost of the system as well. What it does well is everything else. As a cloud based system it's easy to upload and create learning paths, is great with third-party learning content and their consultants have partnerships if you need training content. It's easy to upload your own scrom based system. Cornerstone is great all over.