Simple and organized scheduling tool to keep all content on track
January 05, 2019

Simple and organized scheduling tool to keep all content on track

Brandon Weaver | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with CoSchedule

We use CoSchedule on the content team to publish blog articles and keep an overall picture of the content in production, including webinars and podcasts. I have been the primary owner of the CoSchedule account for three years since I started with Instapage, and it helps me keep an organized view of topic ideas, scheduling, etc.
  • The monthly calendar view gives me a broad overview of all the content we have in production.
  • The notes section within each blog topic helps me keep an organized list of items or links relevant to that topic.
  • The headline analyzer gives me another option to test my headline before publishing, to see how it scores.
  • The import Google Doc to WordPress functionality never worked successfully or reliably for me. So I just manually copy and paste Google Docs to the WordPress editor instead.
  • The social sharing counter was not that helpful, because it only counted Facebook and Google+. Who uses Google+ anymore? Plus, now they don't even show the social counter in the monthly calendar view. so you can't see the numbers without doing some extra digging.
  • In the monthly calendar view, some titles get cut off if they don't wrap cleanly in the day's box. So I would make it look cleaner instead of having words broken up by a hyphen.
  • It has saved me about 1 hour per day to keep things organized from Asana to WordPress.
  • By not having a functioning Google Doc import feature, it costs me about 30 minutes for each blog post to copy paste all the content, images, etc.
  • By bundling too many features into their plans, many of which we don't use (e.g. social media scheduling), we lose a little ROI because we are not using the full feature set. We use and prefer Buffer for social media, so when CoSchedule raised their price $40+ per month on features we would not be using, that hurt.
CoSchedule is well suited for a small content and/or marketing team who needs a simple way to keep content organized in a monthly calendar view that integrates with WordPress nicely. For larger teams that need a lot of people accessing the platform, it may not be best because CoSchedule limits the number of users.

CoSchedule Feature Ratings