Overall Satisfaction with Cyfe
Our company uses Cyfe to quickly aggregate social media and other digital analytics as they relate to the success (or failure) of our client's marketing campaigns. Once linked to social media accounts, websites or email platforms, Cyfe creates visual dashboards with various metrics all in one place, making our analytics reporting so much easier.
- Has preset metric groups that pull similar stats together in one "bucket" saving you the time of setting up each stat-line one by one
- Allows you to easily adjust the timeframe for what stats you want to see, so you can find YOY stats or just last month's stats rather quickly
- Colored visualizations of stats make it easy to notice when campaigns are taking off
- Cyfe's preset stat "buckets" don't allow for customization--for instance, if I want to see a client's FB ads stats, it'll pull the number of impressions but not reach--why can't I adjust for the metric I want to see?
- Visualizations show various stats that are on incommensurate scales, causing people to misread them or misinterpret the data
- Metrics are basically all quantitative--lacks qualitative data gathering skills
My company already subscribed to Cyfe when I began, so for me there wasn't any shopping around. While Cyfe does pull straight from the "back end" side of many social media platforms, or from Google Analytics for websites, the benefit is that you can see all the stats in one place rather than having to log in to so many other platforms to grab those metrics.
Cyfe is good for businesses that manage multiple websites, email campaigns and social media accounts for multiple clients, as it allows you to easily pull stats and visualize them all in one place. Make one account for each client and ask Cyfe to grab the metrics that are most meaningful to your campaigns, then you can share your dashboards with your clients, or like us, use Cyfe's visualizations to create aesthetically pleasing reports for clients to read.