HootSuite Free is the free version of the product which allows access to 5 social profiles and 2 RSS feeds. It does not provide team membership functionality, access to HootSuite University (training) or other advanced features.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/vG/FW/MXS4H7NQLUTB.JPEGHootsuite Free a favorable experienceI use Hootsuite in the department where I work, when tracking different topics of interest at the Twitter level, such as the different updates on minimum wages and the different regularizations and decrees issued by different countries, it is important at the moment to follow up on news.,It is useful at the moment to follow up on informative topics, that is, to follow up on media. Customize Hootsuite to your liking and work wherever you want, the interface is very flexible and you have a great freedom to visualize the data in different ways, create lists of themes or media, adapting it to your way of working. Have all the information you need a click away....,With the monitoring of social networks you can get key information about your competitors. This kind of intelligence will allow you to create strategic business decisions that will keep you above them. For example, you can create search channels in Hootsuite to monitor keywords within the industry and see the mentions of the names and products of your competitors. With the monitoring of social networks you can obtain key information about your competitors. This kind of intelligence will allow you to create strategic business decisions that will keep you above them. For example, you can create search channels in Hootsuite to monitor keywords within the industry and see the mentions made to the names and products of your competitors. With Hootsuite, you can manage up to 100 different social networks. You can disseminate several advertising campaigns at the same time. You can promote your company, product or services. You can achieve direct assistance to customers.,10,,212/5000 I work in a state company, that is, without profit, but from the positive point of view, the Hootsuite is a very useful tool when reviewing information and presenting monthly reports.,none,DropboxHoostuite Free - A Must for Start Ups and Small BusinessesWe used Hoostsuite Free when we first started the business. We needed a low cost solution, free is definitely low cost, I heard about Hootsuite from online blogs I follow, and searched on the web more about it. The main functions I wanted to use were to schedule social media posts on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+ so I didn't have to manually do it. I know Facebook has the option to schedule it for later but logging onto 3 different platforms and copying pasting over was a lot more time consuming. Still at the time the other social platforms didn't allow to schedule the post for later. It was easy to get started with and freed up our time in scheduling social media posts. Initially it was just myself, and now I have others using the upgraded version of it. I meet with a lot of smaller businesses who don't have a large budget for marketing and I recommend Hoostuite free to them all the time. We have since upgraded to the version where you can have more social profiles and are still happy with it. Pricing is hard to beat, and the time savings is very helpful.,For small or startup businesses, time is scarce, and being able to schedule up to 30 messages at one time means you sit down once per month and you are done. Spending one to two hours focussed on content relieves the stress of remembering to log on multiple times per week when other things get in the way. I also like the analytics, you can log into each social site and look at it, but again that is time that could be spent doing something else. I like seeing how each post is performing over different channels, especially because each channel will vary in the way content is consumed. Very helpful for planning future content and posts. When I was starting up it was nice to have a trusted source of information helping me determine what and how to post to social media, Hootsuite provides some online free courses to help a small startup business get off the ground with what to post. Helping with information on specific social media platforms, optimizing your social media profiles and pages to get more out of social media. Some people tend to think it's just creating a profile and posting, it's way more than that and Hootsuite provides a lot of information for non experts to become proficient for their own business.,They have the Hootlet owl that can be used to schedule posts on the fly for Chrome and Firefox browsers. Very helpful, I have noticed it can be quite buggy at times, so I generally don't even use install it or use it. I'd like to see it work better because a small part of posting is done on the fly. But considering it is a free resource I don't complain. I'd love to see a keyword report or hashtag report which is currently not available on the free version, but considering it's free, again I wouldn't complain. When I used the free plan the main goal was to just post content and show more presence that was consistent on multiple channels. When I first signed up there wasn't a lot of information in regards to how the dashboard worked and the functions of streams but I believe they have added more information, for non techy people that may seem a bit confusing at first, but they have added more information in explaining that and the publishing stream.,10,2,Simplifying. It simplifies posting content into multiple channels because you only log in once, and can post to multiple channels in different ways. Which also means remembering less layouts on different social channels to post content. You can also post content during non business hours so you have more availability for more customers. Saving time. WIth being able to sit down once per month versus multiple times per month to post content I don't have to worry about scheduling content posts when a busy day happens, plus once you are in the social media mode, you don't have to switch gears to think about other projects and that can relieve some stress, Training. For my interns or people needing to learn how to use it, I can just refer them to the training guides Hootsuite free has already. So that frees up my schedule to train them how I want my content to be posted online, when to schedule posts to be published and other details that are specific to my company niche.,IFTTT, Buffer and Sprout Social,Asana, Zoho Creator, SlackCan be a pain, but there is nothing better!We use Hootsuite Free to plan out our social media. We are a small start-up business, so a free version is more than enough for the time being. In particular, we plan out Twitter and LinkedIn campaigns currently, however, I've used this software before for all of the other traditional social media types. Overall, Hootsuite, helps me plan social media calendar, publishes everything for me, and helps to keep up with all of the hashtags in one place, so it makes social interaction very easy. Also, there is quite useful chrome extension that allows me to publish valuable curated content fast.,Publishing social media posts Keeping up to date with hashtags and people we follow/would like to follow/ we are interested in Amending link thumbnails and updating their descriptions, it works great for a bit of variety,Instagram automated posts are quite painful. There are better programs that do that. The free version has recently implemented a credit system in addition to 3 accounts only. So you get 30 posts and for 3 accounts. Reporting features are a little useless. They are easily available everywhere else, and the number of 'twitter followers' isn't really a report..,9,1,Social media integration is very easy We have seen a good increase in engagement because it is easy to post a lot Additionally, it is very easy to get engagement from interaction,Limited features, dated interface...but hey, it's Free.Our organization used Hootsuite Free to manage social media channels for our clients. In our case, we had a few different clients that used Hootsuite, but most of my experience is was with one particular client. This was used to help keep track of social posts and social trends for this client.,The best strength of Hootsuite is the price. Free is a great price. Built in URL shortener is nice. Support is solid, with real people to speak with.,Being a free version, you are limited to just three services. The interface is a bit clunky and feels dated. It feels like it is more for viewing social media than creating posts. It is glitchy at times, and this can be frustrating. The draft mode should have some section to leave notes, but it does not, and requires secondary communication if collaborating.,6,3,With no cost, it helped us manage some of our social marketing channels without software cost overhead. On the other hand, we spent more time in some areas when Hootsuite Free didn't have the features or integrations that some competitors have.,Sendible, Hootsuite Enterprise, Buffer and Sprout Social,MailChimp, Slack, AdWords, Bing Ads, Google Search ConsoleHootsuite Free? Owl pass.We used Hootsuite Free to schedule posts across social media platforms, namely Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn (it doesn't work with Instagram, which was always irritating, but, as I understand it, not entirely Hootsuite's fault/problem). As a marketing department of one, I was the only user. It certainly saved time if the only alternative was crafting each post one at a time per social media platform (which is not the case, in reality) and it offered something in the way of analytics.,Scheduling across up to three platforms Basic monitoring across up to three platforms Basic analytics,Make friends with Instagram! Not a big fan of the user interface Could improve entry-level reporting,4,,Got us into the habit of being more consistent about posting content across social media channels Got us thinking about measuring our social media engagement (and looking for better ways to do it) Allowed us to monitor hashtags where we could contribute existing content to an ongoing conversation,Buffer and TweetDeck,Google Analytics, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, WordPress
Hootsuite Free

Hootsuite Free Reviews

Hootsuite Free
Top Rated Award
Filter 341 vetted Hootsuite Free reviews and ratings
April 12, 2018

User Review: "Hootsuite Free a favorable experience"

• It is useful at the moment to follow up on informative topics, that is, to follow up on media.
  • Customize Hootsuite to your liking and work wherever you want, the interface is very flexible and you have a great freedom to visualize the data in different ways, create lists of themes or media, adapting it to your way of working.
  • Have all the information you need a click away....
  • With the monitoring of social networks you can get key information about your competitors. This kind of intelligence will allow you to create strategic business decisions that will keep you above them. For example, you can create search channels in Hootsuite to monitor keywords within the industry and see the mentions of the names and products of your competitors. With the monitoring of social networks you can obtain key information about your competitors. This kind of intelligence will allow you to create strategic business decisions that will keep you above them. For example, you can create search channels in Hootsuite to monitor keywords within the industry and see the mentions made to the names and products of your competitors.
  • With Hootsuite, you can manage up to 100 different social networks.
  • You can disseminate several advertising campaigns at the same time.
  • You can promote your company, product or services.
  • You can achieve direct assistance to customers.
Pros:
  • First of all, it's free. You can add up to 5 accounts from different social networks, additionally you can display at the same time on the screen, all the information that you would have to see on twitter, for example, going to the "Connect" tab, mentions, retweets. With 5 columns you can control everything, see your timeline, sent tweets, retweets, etc.
  • You can schedule the tweets. We all know how useful it can be to schedule a tweet when you're on vacation or just out of the office.

Cons:
  • When you select the profile from which you are going to tweet, that action subtracts characters from your tweet. Although it is logical that you encode information and subtract tweets, in 140 characters that we have to express, many times that you take two of them you can disrupt a bit your tweet.
  • You can not see the trending topics, so you have to have an open twitter profile next to you to know which are the trending topics of the moment and study the possibility of publishing a retweet using some of them that could be related to your topic and give more follow up on your tweet.
Read Gustavo Flores Flores Rojo's full review
January 15, 2018

Hootsuite Free Review: "Hoostuite Free - A Must for Start Ups and Small Businesses"

• For small or startup businesses, time is scarce, and being able to schedule up to 30 messages at one time means you sit down once per month and you are done. Spending one to two hours focussed on content relieves the stress of remembering to log on multiple times per week when other things get in the way.
  • I also like the analytics, you can log into each social site and look at it, but again that is time that could be spent doing something else. I like seeing how each post is performing over different channels, especially because each channel will vary in the way content is consumed. Very helpful for planning future content and posts.
  • When I was starting up it was nice to have a trusted source of information helping me determine what and how to post to social media, Hootsuite provides some online free courses to help a small startup business get off the ground with what to post. Helping with information on specific social media platforms, optimizing your social media profiles and pages to get more out of social media. Some people tend to think it's just creating a profile and posting, it's way more than that and Hootsuite provides a lot of information for non experts to become proficient for their own business.
  • They have the Hootlet owl that can be used to schedule posts on the fly for Chrome and Firefox browsers. Very helpful, I have noticed it can be quite buggy at times, so I generally don't even use install it or use it. I'd like to see it work better because a small part of posting is done on the fly. But considering it is a free resource I don't complain.
  • I'd love to see a keyword report or hashtag report which is currently not available on the free version, but considering it's free, again I wouldn't complain. When I used the free plan the main goal was to just post content and show more presence that was consistent on multiple channels.
  • When I first signed up there wasn't a lot of information in regards to how the dashboard worked and the functions of streams but I believe they have added more information, for non techy people that may seem a bit confusing at first, but they have added more information in explaining that and the publishing stream.
I would recommend Hoostuite Free for small businesses, start-ups, and people willing to put some time into creating their own social content and not wanting to outsource social media posting. I'd also recommend it for companies needing to learn social media basics as well. Larger companies who have more than three social media profiles and have a budget to run contests and ad campaigns I would recommend upgrading to a pro version and looking to hire a part-time/ full-time social media manager.
Small businesses need to understand that social media posts alone typically won't generate a lot of return on investment by posting alone, unless they have a campaign to go along with it, but also needing to just have regular social posting that shows you are still in business and are relevant to seasonal content will greatly benefit from Hoostuite Free.
Read Matthew Veil's full review
January 23, 2018

Hootsuite Free Review: "Can be a pain, but there is nothing better!"

• Publishing social media posts
  • Keeping up to date with hashtags and people we follow/would like to follow/ we are interested in
  • Amending link thumbnails and updating their descriptions, it works great for a bit of variety
  • Instagram automated posts are quite painful. There are better programs that do that.
  • The free version has recently implemented a credit system in addition to 3 accounts only. So you get 30 posts and for 3 accounts.
  • Reporting features are a little useless. They are easily available everywhere else, and the number of 'twitter followers' isn't really a report..
Great for scheduling posts on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, great for keeping up with the hashtags and great for doing all of the small tasks on the social media side of things.
Read Justina Rimkeviciute's full review
January 19, 2018

Hootsuite Free Review: "Limited features, dated interface...but hey, it's Free."

• The best strength of Hootsuite is the price. Free is a great price.
  • Built in URL shortener is nice.
  • Support is solid, with real people to speak with.
  • Being a free version, you are limited to just three services.
  • The interface is a bit clunky and feels dated. It feels like it is more for viewing social media than creating posts.
  • It is glitchy at times, and this can be frustrating.
  • The draft mode should have some section to leave notes, but it does not, and requires secondary communication if collaborating.
Hootsuite, being free, is a good choice for someone who is running on a limited budget or testing the waters on a certain brand or product. It allows someone to "get their feet wet" in the social arena. It is less appropriate for a serious social marketer or for those who have the desire to expand beyond the three services that are offered.
Read Benjamin Hale's full review
January 19, 2018

User Review: "Hootsuite Free? Owl pass."

• Scheduling across up to three platforms
  • Basic monitoring across up to three platforms
  • Basic analytics
  • Make friends with Instagram!
  • Not a big fan of the user interface
  • Could improve entry-level reporting
Hootsuite Free is really pretty basic. I never liked it enough to spend money on the upgraded versions, and instead moved to Buffer for scheduling across platforms. If all I wanted to do was monitor social media conversations and schedule a post here and there, Hootsuite Free would work just fine. As it is, other tools work better for what I need to do on a day-to-day basis.
Read Michelle Green Arnson's full review
January 17, 2018

User Review: "Hootsuite Free Not for Me"

We no longer use Hootsuite Free. The reason behind this is because we found it to be a non-user friendly platform. In addition, I was limited to how many platforms I could integrate before I was forced to purchase. I liked that other sites allowed a try before you buy option which made it easy to switch from Hootsuite Free to our new platform. It was difficult to navigate without much how-to or direction. I could not use it without getting frustrated.
  • It does have a litany of add-ins which is nice when you know how to use them and when to use them.
  • It has a multitude of options to choose from to add to your dashboards and you can add many of them.
  • It is simple to sign up and get started.
  • It is hard to navigate.
  • I had a hard time with its user interface because I did not like having to scroll from side to side to see information in addition to scrolling up and down.
  • It needs to be more streamlined and easier on the eyes.
I think Hootsuite Free would be great for someone only trying to maintain 1-2 social profiles. I don't find it useful for a business like mine with 6 unique profiles. I might suggest someone to at least try it as a starting point for social management. They can upgrade from there should they have the need to.
Read Stephanie MacMillan's full review
January 17, 2018

Hootsuite Free Review: "When it loads it works but..."

I have used the free version of Hootsuite for both personal and professional reasons. On the professional side it was used as a collaboration tool for multiple people to post to social channels at the same time and provide visibility to what was in the queue. It solves the issue of managing multiple social accounts across both people and channels.
  • Easy to use browser and apps to allow for posting.
  • Easy to understand the queue of posts
  • Post once and share across multiple social networks.
  • I would say Hootsuite failed to load about 80% of the time. Not sure what was going on but it was very frustrating.
  • Sometimes if you were sharing an image the image would not show up in the feed (especially on Facebook).
If you are at a small company then give it a try but its not suitable for a large scale enterprise for managing social media. Since there is a free version you can give it a try before investing but I encourage you to test it for stability and consistency before investing in the paid version.
Read Brian Nizinsky's full review
January 16, 2018

Hootsuite Free Review: "Great timesaver for social media management"

My team members and I use Hootsuite Free to manage social media accounts for our clients. I also use it to schedule social media posts for my personal accounts as well.
  • Schedule social media posts
  • Post easily across multiple platforms with just one login, which is a big time saver
  • View content posted by a specific account or hashtag
  • Would be nice to add Instagram functionality on, but to be fair that's a limitation of Insta not Hootsuite
  • A copy and paste field would be nice when scheduling multiple tweets when want to post same tweet a number of different days and times
When you're managing multiple social media networks for a person, group, or company Hootsuite shines.
Read Sharon A. Dawson, DTM's full review
January 16, 2018

Hootsuite Free Review: "Free is still Free even if it's not Perfect"

We have used Hootsuite free to manage the scheduling, publishing, and monitoring of our Facebook profiles. It is being used by our marketing department as well as our human resources department. Hootsuite free gives us a central location to access our Facebook profiles to make sure that our content writers post content according to our social strategy.
  • Web-based. This is a very big strength because there is no need to download anything, it can all be done on the web.
  • Customer Service and communication. Hootsuite does a very good job of communicating with their customers. If there are ever problems, they are quick to respond and helpful. When it comes to social media, knowing that someone is there to support you when issues arise gives peace of mind.
  • Accessible content. The Hootlet extension allows users to post content from anywhere online for easy content curation.
  • Limited profiles/services. The free service does not allow for more than 3 profiles. This makes it almost unusable for companies who wish to have a presence across the social sphere.
  • Not user-friendly. The organization of the user interface is lacking. It has a difficult learning curve.
  • No post previewing. As a manager, I would like the ability to approve posts before they are sent. It is very easy for posts to slip through and get posted without approval. Either posts are scheduled and missed or they sit in drafts until past the optimal date/time of posting.
  • Adding more users is not included with the free version and can become expensive.
The combination of utilizing the Hootlet add-on and the scheduling feature make posting efficient. However, the hard-to-use interface, limited number of profiles, and lack of multi-user capabilities make the free version of Hootsuite unusable for those wanting to have social presence across all social platforms. The only answer is to upgrade to a paid version of the program or to move to a different one. To be fair, Hootsuite free is not alone in these issues - other social media programs suffer from the same limitations in their free versions (if they even have free versions). However, with the clunky interface and lack of approval features, purchasing an upgraded version would not be my go-to answer. In order to bring Hootsuite free in line as a competitor, the interface would need to be updated to make user functionality the primary goal of the program.
Read Megan Lemons's full review
January 17, 2018

Hootsuite Free Review: "Global Social Media Marketing Manager"

I use Hootsuite for all Instagram related posts. Hootsuite is the only tool of its kind when it comes to sending Instagram posts to your mobile device from your laptop or desktop. Truly, Hoot suite has revolutionized the social media manager expectations when it comes to Instagram. What a fantastic tool!

• Instagram integration
  • Mobile App Ease Of Use
  • The online platform is super easy to use.
  • Outside of Instagram, it is relatively lacking
  • Analytics aren't great
  • Too basic
June 16, 2017

Hootsuite Free: "Review from a CEO"

It is used by my social media department. It saves a lot of time and social media gets very easy to handle. Stats and post scheduling on 3 platforms are just a tab away. We love the interface. The way you can adjust with Instagram is commendable. Thank you for being so awesome.
  • It is free.
  • Schedule posts for 3 platforms at once.
  • Easy to use.
  • Entire team can work on it.
  • More social media platforms should be included in the free version.
  • Better analytics.
  • Stats for the website should be included... a little of Google Analytics.
It is amazing for new startups like mine as we want to save both time and money. It helps in both directions and we really love the interface. I recommended it to all my friends who own companies as it can help them in strategizing better too. It is one for all.
Read Satyarth Rai's full review
August 04, 2017

Hootsuite Free Review: "Hootsuite for private and company rental management"

We use Hootsuite to advertise for our residential rental properties and promote our company as well. Hootsuite is great for targeting locals and the surround area that are looking for rental properties. This software is commonly used by the middle age demographic that we are aiming for as renters. The marketing department typically uses the software to advertise daily. It is great for promoting and advertising our business.
  • Targets the desired audience that mostly use this website.
  • Helps narrow down your needs and wants in a home.
  • Provides many different cities, towns and areas of the country.
  • Expensive reports for small businesses.
  • Custom URL shorteners are pricey.
Hootsuite free is great for private renters to promote their own properties & not have to deplete their funds on advertising.
Read Zaina Kroschinski's full review
April 05, 2017

Hootsuite Free Review: "A great tool to save time and keep organized."

I used Hootsuite to manage my own company social media posts and for some clients of my agency. With HootSuite I can save time by not needing to login into each social media account every day to schedule posts. The only thing I need to do is go into Hootsuite and schedule all posts for the week or month at one unique time.
  • You can schedule up to 3 profiles of social media channels and schedule the same post for all media at the same time.
  • There is a friendly dashboard where you can see all scheduled posts you already set up for each social media accounts.
  • You can track the number of follower and how the posted content is performing and check the results you are achieving.
  • I am not sure exactly the limit of posts you can keep scheduled at the same time, but when I'm doing it for the whole month, some times this limit is not enough.
  • It would be better if we had some options for the dashboard layout where we see the posts scheduled.
  • When you modify a post already scheduled you can't change it in more than one social media post, even when it was done together. We should be able to choose what social media to apply changes on.
When you don't have too many posts to do, or don't have too many social media channels to manage, Hootsuite free is perfect. But if your demand is big, you probably will need a pro version of this tool.
Read Glenio Machado's full review
April 25, 2017

Hootsuite Free Review: "Hootsuite Helps Manage Your Social Media Presence Easily and Efficiently"

We use it as a way to manage our group's social media presence. We are a working group within a larger organization. It's a great way to schedule and manage social media postings across different channels.
  • Scheduling/editing posts
  • Streamline social media management process
  • Easy to use interface
  • Somewhat difficult to update the LinkedIn Profile information (since we don't have an organizational LinkedIn account, and rely on one of the member's LinkedIn accounts to serve as the connection to Hootsuite).
  • The Dashboard page can be a bit busy and it's sometimes easy to miss or overlook a retweet or reply to a post.
  • Have had issues with attaching and adding photos to written content.
Great for smaller groups with a limited budget and resources available for social media marketing/content.
Read Angela Falisi, MPH's full review
October 30, 2014

Hootsuite Free Review: "You get what you pay for"

We use HootSuite Free to initially examine the cross-social media postings and activities of a client. It is too bad of a UI to use as an enterprise edition and too limited in analytics to use as a true client solution but you get what you pay for and it's a very low cost ($0, no setup fee) way to start getting a grip on a client's state of affairs in social media. Its popularity makes it a good initial sell for research purposes before we move to a solution which both has a better UI and has a more client-specific features (namely in reporting and analytics where HootSuite suffers in, perhaps as it's meant for management). HootSuite Free is also useful for increasing activity on clients' social channels at the lowest price just to get the client to feel confident about their social media activity rate before moving onto a more fully featured service. Pro ($14.99/mo) is required for any useful feature so Free is obviously only intended to get users to pay. We use it only on new clients who have naive or no social media experience. We ultimately usher them to mostly SproutSocial (most clients, small to mid) or Percolate (big, corporate clients).
  • Web-brower based (no more Adobe Air, thankfully)
  • Very fast setup
  • Free means no payment or client billing needed
  • Widely known so easy to sell clients on it
  • The original in social media management remains useable, relevant
  • Reports are overviews only thus user needs to pay for anything more thus condemning HootSuite Free to management only
  • Publisher, Conversations & Analytics in Free do nothing without Pro payment, so remove it
  • Far slower stream updates than native platforms
  • Questionable security (2FA not defaulted = problem) given sensitive nature of its associated credentials
  • Apps are many & seem useful but no ratings for the developers disallows vetting trust
Useful only during beginning of contract at the lowest cost level (free) just to build the client relationship, for clients who're unwilling to pay even $14.99/mo to have us work on their social media. Typical clients are thinking about it but need that additional push by convincing them we're capable of handling the social media workload. Lack of reports and analytics means we must confine our resulting recommendations to verbal and descriptive rather than with numbers and more advanced tagging/categorization.
Read Richard Chen's full review
November 18, 2014

Hootsuite Free Review: "Great tool for our simple, multi brand social media needs"

We, the marketing department, use HootSuite Free to manage our social media accounts for multiple brands. HootSuite Free enables us to monitor who's interacting with our brands on social media, engage with others on social media, and share helpful content for our audience. There are two of us who monitor and contribute daily. A few others use periodically. So it's great to have one place for all our users to go to for social media management.
  • HootSuite enables us to view multiple streams for our social channels from one page. This helps us see who's reaching out to us, what's being said about us, and what we're saying from one view.
  • While we prefer to be in real time for tweets, scheduling helps us have a more global reach with Twitter. It enables us to schedule posts during times our global audiences are at work, when we typically couldn't Tweet.
  • We really like how HootSuite shares who posted what for our accounts. It gives us a better picture of who's sharing what and when.
  • A general problem with Twitter as well with anything else online is spam. Being able to filter through spam would be nice for tracking keywords we're interested in.
  • Displaying pictures inline like the Twitter stream does now would be great. But not a must have feature.
  • The analytics reporting could be a little easier to use. I imagine it's more helpful with a paid subscription.
I think HootSuite Free is a great tool for individuals or groups who are looking to manage one or multiple social media accounts online. I haven't looked at any other tools for managing social media accounts but I haven't had to because HootSuite Free does exactly what we need. If you are looking for a simple way to manage multiple social accounts, I think HootSuite is a great tool for you.
Read Nathan Holmes's full review
November 04, 2014

Hootsuite Free Review: "Hootsuite and you."

• Allowed me to schedule tweets in advance.
  • Allowed me to manage multiple social media accounts at one time.
  • Allowed me to see not only the social media content I pushed out but also what others were saying.
  • At first I had difficulty analyzing the data Hootsuite provided me with.
Schedule social media posts ahead of time. Allows creation of better thought out content.
Read Leigh Cassidy's full review
October 20, 2014

Hootsuite Free Review: "Great product for those that aren't social media experts."

I used the Free version for my personal account and it did a great job of letting me manage my Twitter account, however was limited in many of the functions of the pro version such as managing multiple accounts. Overall it's a basic introduction of the Pro version, which is a better option if you need to schedule posts on multiple social platforms and more importantly seeing reports.
  • Twitter Posts
  • Seeing multiple social feeds in one place.
  • At first glance it looks like its easy enough to see all your feeds, but gets a little much, Sometimes the U/I was overwhelming to me compared to competitors.
HootSuite Free is well suited to manage multiple accounts.
Read Robert Evans's full review
January 13, 2014

Hootsuite Free Review: "A+ Product"

• User-friendly.
  • Valuable insights.
  • Cuts time when managing multiple twitter and social media handles.
  • N/A
This is a great product with a number of valuable uses for social media and cross media teams across the industry. Highly recommended.
Read Jessica Rudolph's full review
August 15, 2013

Hootsuite Free Review: "Save time! Free account works perfectly!"

• Our primary use case is publishing and we post to various social media sites: Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook, and WordPress.
  • I love the ability to automatically schedule posts in advance. This allows me to build a good cadence of posts. Sometimes we have content for several posts and it's much better to schedule these posts so that there is some elapsed time between each post which allows us to build a steady drumbeat of content.
  • The product gives a nice layout of current social media accounts. When I login, the homepage presents a very clear dashboard containing streams for each social media channel and I can see at a glance things like retweets, mentions etc.
  • Posting to personal WordPress sites. The issue here is that I can post simultaneously to multiple social channels (Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and Facebook) but cannot include WordPress in this group. I have to go to WordPress separately to post. This is an issue for us because our website and blog are built in WordPress and I want to be able to post content to our blog at the same time as posting to other channels. HootSuite is aware of this issue, and is working on it.
  • There is an issue posting images. When we post images (screenshots of new features, etc.) to LinkedIn, it sometimes posts a link to the image instead of the actual image. We have to then go into LinkedIn to fix the problem. This does not appear to be an issue with other channels. Again. HootSuite is aware of the issue and is working on it. This is almost certainly a symptom of having to keep on top of the constantly evolving social channel APIs.
Great online software. There are a couple of minor bugs as already mentioned:
- posting to WordPress
- posting images to LinkedIn
Overall though we love using the product and are very happy with it..
Read Douglas Mauro's full review
November 11, 2015

Hootsuite Free Review: "HootSuite and Social Media Marketing"

We are using HootSuite to manage our social media marketing. We love the fact that it can post to multiple sites simultaneously and provide invaluable insights.
  • Post simultaneously to multiple sites
  • Schedule posts
  • Manage multiple sites
  • There was a time when linked posts were very difficult to manage, but it was resolved within a few weeks
HootSuite Free is best suited for SMB and large enterprises - its a great tool for digital marketing professionals to try out before they buy the full version of the product.
November 04, 2014

Hootsuite Free Review: "Almost does it all!"

HootSuite Free is just being used by me, as I am the head of social media, to schedule social media posts throughout the day/ sometimes week. It helps me manage my time because I juggle a lot of other tasks as well. I'm also the administrative assistant here and other duties, such as invoicing, AR, etc. are more time-sensitive and require immediate attention, thus, being able to schedule the social media posts when I have time is incredibly convenient.
  • I've never once had a post not send or send in an incorrect format. Incredibly reliable.
  • Editing is very easy, which is a HUGE plus because sometimes I find other content I'd rather share earlier than a post already scheduled and Hootsuite Free makes it easy to just go back and change the time.
  • I like how, with Twitter handles, it recognizes ones you've used before.
  • I've had a lot of issues with linking Google+ to HootSuite. I don't know if that's only included with the paid subscription or what but It is kind of inconvenient not being able to schedule those posts as well.
  • I really don't have any other issues with HootSuite Free.
Again, since my only issues with HootSuite Free have been with Google+, if Google+ is a huge priority within your social media strategy and you have other things to do during the day, I'd obviously recommend something else where you can schedule posts effectively. I just have to make a mental note everyday to handle G+ at certain times, which is inconvenient, but for other platforms it's awesome.
January 13, 2014

Hootsuite Free Review: "Great Way to Manage Your Social Media"

• Helps me manage my social media
  • Really like how it schedules tweets to be released at a later time
  • Little easier to follow
It would be helpful for all of your social media needs. You have many different options management wise and you can have the ability to reach people throughout the day with scheduling your tweets or statuses. It allows me to do social media done all at once along with being a one stop website for all of my social media use. Very convenient.

Boolean keyword searches (7)
Filtering out noise/spam (8)
5.7
Sentiment analysis (7)
6.5
Broad channel coverage (9)
Content planning and scheduling (14)
Audience targeting (10)
6.6
Content optimization (10)
Workflow management (8)
6.6
Automated routing and prioritization (6)
Customer interaction histories (5)
Bulk actions (7)
Lead generation (2)
6.7
Content marketing (7)
Paid media management (2)
Campaigns and promotions (5)
Twitter (13)
Facebook (14)
LinkedIn (12)
Google+ (8)
Instagram (9)
Pinterest (6)
YouTube (3)
Campaign success analytics (11)
6.1
Real-time tracking (11)
Competitor analysis (5)
6.5
Role-based user permissions & privileges (10)
Mobile access (14)