Dayforce HCM Advocate
Updated July 30, 2019
Dayforce HCM Advocate
Kaman's Art Shoppes, IncEntertainment, 1001-5000 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Ceridian Dayforce
Dayforce HCM is being used by payroll, HR, and benefits as the system of record. It addresses payroll needs, Human resource from new hire process on. It also addresses our HRIS needs, onboarding (which is totally electronic) and all benefits administration as well as open enrollment. We process payroll for Canada as well and issue ROEs.
- Dayforce handles payroll very well. Ease of operation, employee maintenance, reviewing payroll prior to finalizing, auditing, and submitting.
- Dayforce is easily configured for electronic (paperless) onboarding. You are in full control of documents, compliance, and routing of workflows.
- There is a streamlined approach to adding entitlements such as specific sick pay being implemented by cities and states across the U.S.
- Dayforce handles the new hires/ rehire process extremely well.
- Dayforce’s manager and employee self service tool with workflows is unsurpassed.
- Some improvement is needed in the reporting arena. There is still some difficulty in ad-hoc reporting and merging different tables for one report.
- The positive aspects of Dayforce HCM are the ease of use in submitting payroll, saving time and manual intervention as well as having all in one software.
- Having Dayforce for payroll, onboarding, benefits, HR and Ceridian Tax Service to submit all taxes frees up key personnel to focus on business expansion.
Real-time previews allows the user to view prior to submitting, revising if needed, and eliminates the need to reissue checks when an error is found.
Since we do not utilize a time and attendance system, we could not take advantage of Dayforce's ability for rules. However, we did utilize the total ACA management.
With real time scheduling and compensation, you have up to the minute details. When there is a conflict, you may see in real-time who is available and who isn't to fill that shift.
I believe it is best suited for under 10,000 employees or mid market. It suits our needs, however I can’t see it being used in a manufacturing environment. Since we do not utilize it’s time keeping system, I’m not quite sure how it would handle the intricacies of labor contracts and pay scales.
Dayforce Feature Ratings
Employee demographic data
Job profiles and administration
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Organization and location management
Support for external payroll vendors
Benefit plan administration
Direct deposit files
Salary revision and increment management
Annual carry-forward and encashment
View and generate pay and benefit information
Update personal information
View job history
View company policy documentation
Create succession plans/pools
New hire portal
Manager tracking tools
Using Ceridian Dayforce
2 - Persons that support Dayforce need to have an understanding of it works, what is impacted by a slight change, and how Dayforce is integrated.
Evaluating Ceridian Dayforce HCM and Competitors
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Support
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Reliability
Although Dayforce is a complete HCM, it has limited capability of expanding without an upgrade. I have not had the opportunity to work on the latest upgrade to 8.50.
We rarely saw any issues of unavailability. Our issues were with our browsers not being updated timely.