DayforceHCM Saved Us!
Updated July 30, 2019
DayforceHCM Saved Us!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Ceridian Dayforce
We needed a solution to combine our HRIS system with one of our three payroll processes. We also needed to give access to employees in one company access to their employees in another company. Dayforce HCM gave us the seamless integration we were seeking!
- For the first time our managers have access to their employees in a another company. They can see timesheets, payroll submissions and basic data whereas before they had to reach out to payroll for answers.
- Combines timekeeping, recordkeeping and benefits all under one login.
- We love the online form submission process that reduces paper waste.
- The reporting tool isn't as user-friendly as I would like. It's difficult building our own reports and we have to rely on Ceridian building them for us... at an additional cost.
- Nothing is "free" with Ceridian. Everything extra costs something.
- The way HR Policies are captured in Onboarding doesn't allow a print of the form that was digitally signed along with the signature and date signed.
- Ability to better track schedules vs timesheets for attendance policy abuse and overtime tracking.
- Ability for managers to see available attendance balances so employees don't get approved for time off they don't have.
- Ability to lock down timeclocks to select IP addresses, reducing fraudulent activity.
The Schedules and Timesheets have helped us better track attendance abusers and better manage overtime needs. Easier for managers to see when too much time is being worked on a real-time basis.
Managers are more easily able to submit correct compensation changes and remotely track work schedules in each office.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Feature Ratings
Using Ceridian Dayforce
1000 - Everyone in the company uses our Dayforce system. It's where our schedules and timesheets reside, as well as our benefits, entitlements and compensation information. All hiring managers use it to submit hire/term data. All new employees use it for Onboarding. All employees use it for referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement.
5 - Our payroll, benefits, data entry and generalists all support Dayforce in some way. Payroll answers payroll questions, benefits answers benefit questions, etc. No special skills are needed as managing the process is easy, once you've been trained.
- Comparing schedules to timesheets
- Automated payroll processing
- tracking handbook in Forms
- Stting up promotion onboarding processes
- Setting up tuition reimbursement and other bonus forms
Evaluating Ceridian Dayforce HCM and Competitors
Yes - It replaced our Ceridian HPW payroll module, Time and Attendance and our HRIS System (PeopleTrak).
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Existing Relationship with the Vendor
Couldn't find a reason to leave.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Implementation
- Implemented in-house
- Third-party professional services
We used Ceridian's client-side project manager
Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled - We were moving from one Ceridian product to another, so the change wasn't so drastic as if we had moved from one vendor to another.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Support
The process they have set up is burdensome. You can't just call and get a simple answer to a simple question. You have to set up a ticket and wait for a response. Sometimes the person responding may not have your answer and you have to wait for someone to be assigned to your ticket. While we can see our outstanding tickets, there is no way to know how long it will take before a response will be forthcoming.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Our client-side project manager - Tracy Gialusis - was the best decision we made! She proved her worth many times over. And even continues to check in with us occasionally, even after implementation has completed.
Using Ceridian Dayforce HCM
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Lots to learn