Overall Satisfaction with Dayforce HCM
Our whole organization uses Dayforce HCM. We are in the process of implementing the payroll, recruitment & benefits modules. Currently, as a high level overview, the business problems that Dayforce HCM addresses include workflows for form approvals, managing employee data, running timely and accurate reports to pull information driving efficiencies, updating employee records, and managing timesheets and schedules.
- Reporting - easy to customize & create for the data you need.
- Options for customization - can submit requests for customization more applicable to your organization e.g. creating forms.
- Managing employee records - information in one spot (My HR).
- Technical functionality e.g. error messages coming up but not knowing what the error is e.g. "An exception has occurred."
- Positive - less transactional tasks in HR for reporting purposes, time can be spent elsewhere, and soon to be more with implementation of Recruitment module.
- Positive - less transactional tasks for Payroll team, and soon to be more with implementation of Payroll & Benefits modules.
We use pay policies, and rules to calculate various types of OT in different parts of the organization. We run compliance reports for timesheet approvals done by managers. We created and run a report monthly to calculate excess hour and report to HRSDC using this information.
We do not use all of the Dayforce modules yet so I cannot speak to it's functionality for payroll, recruiting etc., but it is well suited for managing employees and being able to add customization to fit your organization. It would be less appropriate for a small organization.
Ceridian Dayforce Feature Ratings
Using Dayforce HCM
4 - Payroll team, two members of the HR team. HR manages the forms, and reporting. Payroll manages employee data and enrolling new hires (no recruitment module implemented yet). The skills required are technological skills and being able to learn new software quickly and to be able to self teach as you use the product to be able to get the most out of it. SQL skills are an asset as this can help with reporting and creating custom forms.
- Employee Information management.
- Workflow and form approval for employee changes, promotions, rate increases, etc.
- Payroll management (soon to implement the payroll module).
- Reporting for tasks outside of Dayforce e.g. reporting to HRSDC, managing attendance more efficiently by using various features, running vacation reports for carryover, salary admin reports etc.
- Recruiting, staff requests
- Creating custom forms for workflows to better suit the information we need to have approved
- Filling out new hire packages within the system vs. paper based outside the system
Dayforce HCM Support
Using Dayforce HCM
This rating reflects the improvements that can be made to the system e.g. error messages that come up without any errors, errors with our workflows that occur and have to be resubmitted.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Feel confident using
Slow to learn
Lots to learn
- Using the Dayforce Inbox (notifications, actions etc.) - easy to see new messages/actions.
- Running Reports.
- Checking the status of workflows and changing form/role assignment, etc.
- Learning all of the fields - there are a lot, when building reports how to know what to choose, to bring the right fields across in workflow messaging, etc.
- Finding the information on the Employee Record - a lot of tabs and fields. Once you are in a using the software a lot, becomes much easier