Overall Satisfaction with DraftSight
Creating and converting 2D into symbols for Solidworks Electrical and cad files for precreation of 3D Models. I use it extensively for creating cad files for cad Cam also. I Use it for cad /cam training and part creation for Mentoring Students for the First.org Robotics team.
- Simple to use
- Easy basic tools
- Converting Fonts to Vectors
- Good integration into SolidWorks
- Being free makes it easy to obtain and install, when it becomes a paid for product, it will be difficult to obtain
- CNC Gcode generation does not work well
- More file formats for import and export
- Saves time because of quick learning curve
- Easy to start and get out of saving more time
- Great for basic layouts and diagrams for concepts from floor plans to complicated manufacturing processes
It is great for 2D generation of Symbols, part fabrication for 2D CNC machines such as plasma, waterjet, and laser cutters. It works great for floor plans and diagrams. I could be better for making signs and labels if it dealt with graphic images and filling objects and text. It lacks 3D tools that are easy to use.