Quick and easy to use, makes 2D patterns a breeze.
June 13, 2020

Quick and easy to use, makes 2D patterns a breeze.

Ethan Beard | TrustRadius Reviewer

Software Version

Paid

Overall Satisfaction with DraftSight

We use DraftSight to draw patterns that our cutting table uses to shape glass. It helps us create, save, and import drawings into the program our table uses keeping us from having to hand cut anything our table doesn't have pre-installed.
  • Imports into our programs easily allowing us to cut glass pieces very quickly.
  • Very easy to use interface, works well with even amateur designers.
  • A small learning curve that makes teaching a breeze so our designers can begin making patterns very quickly.
  • The program takes a long time to start up every time it's closed.
  • The points that the program auto selects for snap zones are in unusual areas, I'd like to be able to have guide points at every intersection for patterns.
  • I need a way to be able to draw reference lines easier so I can check proper dimensions of patterns.
  • It allows us to send out patterns much faster, meaning less down time and more profit.
  • We only have 3 people who make patterns so the price is very manageable allowing our ROI to be quite high.
It's the best program I've used for what we do here. It works perfectly for what we do since we only make 2D patterns for the tables to cut. This program allows us to create them very quickly though. For what we do, there are way too many features we don't use.