Overall Satisfaction with Dropbox for Business
Dropbox is a great tool for sharing company and/or personal files. It allows users to create a file and folder structure and then sync it to the cloud. Cloud containers is the big one here as well as restrictions and limits which brings a full resolution on how to access stored data. Another big point is collaboration and how it integrates users, files, storage and time.
- You will never lose a file.
- Use it on any device, be it a computer, mobile, tablet, etc.
- Simplify sharing, share with anyone.
- Way more productivity than you can imagine.
- MS Office 365 integration.
- User controls and permissions.
- Each device can be associated with either a user’s own personal Dropbox account or the Business account, but not both.
- Integrate client-side encryption of data, even as an option, so we don’t have to go “third-party”.
- Create a real “Enterprise Dropbox” offering with real IT integration and content controls.
- No built-in hybrid storage functionality.
- Limited Management interface.
- Ease of use, Dropbox makes it as easy as possible for the user to access their files regardless of the device.
- Security offers more control over data, files stored use 256-bit AES encryption and the connection is secured using SSL.
- File recovery/backup maintains the unlimited version history. This allows users to retrieve previous version of a document; saves multiple versions of files in the background.
- Integration, has the ability to integrate a number of third party tools. Allows access to Office 365 for file editing.
Unlimited file recovery and version history is great and very useful. On a separate note it's not possible to convert an existing shared folder into a team folder, this should have a workaround. Not the most expensive solution, Dropbox for Business is not cheap either. The admin features should make the service easy to manage.