Duo Security... a solid option!
Dan Tesch | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 28, 2020

Duo Security... a solid option!

Overall Satisfaction with Duo Security

We used Duo Security for multi-factor authentication across our entire organization. Additionally, we were implementing their SSO product and were almost ready to roll it out and then we were acquired and needed to stop because the new parent company was using Okta.
  • I like the features Duo Security had for mobile device insight and management, type of device, require PIN lock, device encryption, prevent use of jailbroken devices, etc.
  • I like the administrative user interface, it was very polished and easy to understand.
  • The SSO product requires (or required) an on-premises server, some competitive solutions do not, that was a deciding factor in a recent new deployment I was involved in.
  • I don't typically look at ROI for products such as this. I view this type of service as a necessary security component or a regulatory requirement or best practice.
I like Duo Security a lot, I've met both of the owners, and I'm hopeful that Cisco's acquisition of them can propel them to the next level. I'm not convinced that will be the case, though, as Cisco has a mixed track record with their acquisitions. How Duo Security stacks up specifically against Okta though is this: Okta is the Kleenex of the SSO world, if an application supports SAML, there will likely be specific instructions to work with Okta. Even though SAML is a standard, Okta appears to be winning the mindshare game!
I've had great experiences with Duo Security's support; one story I like to tell is that once I just called the main support number and found myself speaking with one of the founders who was taking support calls. That's not something you expect or see very often. In addition to the generally good support, I had several opportunities to speak with Product Managers, and they appeared to be very interested in my insights. That's a good sign a company is trying to keep in touch with users and cares about getting their input rather than paying lip service, which is sadly what most companies are good at.

Do you think Cisco Multi-Factor Authentication (Duo Security) delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Cisco Multi-Factor Authentication (Duo Security)'s feature set?

Did Cisco Multi-Factor Authentication (Duo Security) live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Cisco Multi-Factor Authentication (Duo Security) go as expected?

Would you buy Cisco Multi-Factor Authentication (Duo Security) again?

Generally speaking, I like Duo Security a lot, but many products essentially do the same things. Duo Security's support is one area where I was always satisfied. Good support is often overlooked by many companies but appreciated when needed.