Overall Satisfaction with Ensemble Video
As an Ensemble reseller, we've helped government and education customers deploy video content management solutions (VCMS) using this product. Both installs were across the whole organisation. The university is using it as a replacement for YouTube, within an in-house portal. The government ministry is using it as the front end for a broadcast recording system. We are also working with a service provider to deploy Ensemble as a multi-tenant video hosting solution.
- Ensemble is a really excellent video content management solution for organisations that want to deploy onsite, enjoy a perpetual license and all the features found in competitive products costing many times more.
- Ensemble does not try to be a monolithic application. Instead it leverages Sorenson Squeeze transcoder for ingest and Wowza's streaming media engine for playout. So it's pretty lightweight and is focused on content management tasks.
- The portal feature is not a very good replacement for YouTube. It does a basic job of publishing content outside of the VCMS, but the layout is not too attractive.
- There is no ability to search across content collections.
- Getting started with Ensemble is not very intuitive.
- It has helped open doors to academic customers.
- The multi-tenant solution could be a strong revenue generator.