March 06, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Panopto is available to use by the whole organization and there are more and more staff who are taking up the opportunity to use it for recording lectures and short videos for students. We often have quite dispersed student groups, over different campuses, and our most watched videos are often of assignment information and difficult teaching concepts that they need to come back to for clarity.
- Easy to use and is intuitive to find your way around.
- Software-based, so it's available for staff to use on many devices and helps students to access content online.
- Flexible to suit the needs of users.
- Captions are always a problem for us. We would like to caption all our videos and currently, the automatic captioning is not very good.
- We would like integration with our VLE grade book to allow seamless submission and grading for students.
Read Elora Marston's full review
Panopto is great for "one to many" deliveries for lectures as well as short video introductions, assignment, briefs and other information for students. It is less appropriate as a conferencing tool which many of our staff are looking for so that students can interact live with the presenter. Students can ask questions but it is hard to manage this if you are live streaming and presenting information.