Entrinsik Informer Review: "Hands down, Informer is the icing on the cake!"https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biEntrinsik InformerUnspecified8.2841012014-04-15T23:32:22.484Z
Updated January 07, 2016
Entrinsik Informer Review: "Hands down, Informer is the icing on the cake!"
Score 10 out of 101
Web Reporting and Dashboards
Web Reporting and Dashboards
Overall Satisfaction with Entrinsik Informer
Entrinsik Informer Web Reporting is being used by most departments at Juniata College. We currently have a few more departments to train and move to using Informer. It is unbelievably easy for end users to grasp, which makes our job of training end users very easy. One of our Vice Presidents is very excited about the dashboard feature. We have been able to create dashboards for him to know exactly where the college stands on budget vs. actual spending at a moments notice. In addition to other dashboards that show total deposited applicants along with their demographic and financial information which is one of the most important factors in determining the College's future budget.
- Ease of Use - This product is almost self explanatory. Very little training is needed. The training videos developed by Entrinsik are wonderful.
- Dashboards - this product is the icing on the cake. No need to purchase and learn a different software package. It's all there with Entrinsik Informer.
- I think the most difficult task in Informer was setting up the security. It's very flexible, which is both good and bad. I would like to see more detailed instructions or examples of different security settings.
- Would love to have a feature on the dashboards that would allow a load "live" without having to "refresh". I would like to see this as a choice for refresh on opening or manually by user.
In the past we have used Query Builder and Crystal Reports. Query Builder was very difficult for end users to learn, and only created reports, there was no other features such as charting or dashboards. When we used Crystal Reports, it was version 8, and again it did not have any features other than reporting, and it was more costly than Informer. Hands down, Informer is very cost effective and packed full of features that the other products do not have.
It gives our employees everything they need in a report writer. Ease of use, budget friendly, and excellent help desk. When you interact with Entrinsik employees, you feel a part of the company. They ask for your recommendations and change requests, and actually provide feedback as to how they might implement the ideas. They are a joy to work with.
Using Entrinsik Informer
It greatly meets our needs, with ease of use and cost. I will give it a 10 as soon as our end users get used to seeing their data presented in a different format.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Basic reports are very easy. As easy as drag and drop.
- Linking of files is a great feature to allow users to pull data from more than one file at a time. It saves the programmers a lot of time in that they don't have to write a lot of calculated fields.
- Dashboards are a dream. If you have a report that you would like to show graphically, the dashboard feature is pretty much just a fill in the blank process. Very easy to create a graph or chart.
- The biggest obstacle that our employees had to overcome was normalizing the data. Normalization is not a term that they are familiar with coming from a multi-valued field database.
- Before Informer, we created calculated fields for our end users if data resided in a different file from the one they were working from. With Informer, we no longer need to create as many fields and the end users are not particularly happy about looking for the fields in their original files.