Review: "Business Intelligence and ROI come naturally with Entrinsik Informer."https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligenceEntrinsik InformerUnspecified7.8831012014-03-25T22:46:44.459Z
Updated February 03, 2016
Review: "Business Intelligence and ROI come naturally with Entrinsik Informer."
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Entrinsik Informer
The Informer product is used in a variety of ways across our whole university. The reports and dashboards provide up to date information in an easy to digest format. While a majority of the report and dashboard construction is housed in the Office of Systems Analysis, our users actively use and create reports to help with their operational and/or strategic decisions. From the ad hoc reports, to the scheduled reports to the automated processes, Informer is synonymous with efficiency and productivity on our campus.
- Initially, Informer was chosen primarily because of how it handled our multi-valued database structure for our student information system. Since then it has expanded to a support a slew of database platforms.
- Our institution uses informer for internal and Federal reporting as well as a host of other data requests that come to our institution.
- Informer quietly and seamlessly drives several Business Intelligence initiative on our campus. The solutions provided range from supplying our online employee directory with accurate information to aiding the Financial Aid office in monitoring and projecting financial budgets.
- Informer has room to grow in the dashboard delivered. While helpful and visually pleasing, they are not as robust as some of the other solutions that are more focused on the dashboards. The API leaves the opening for well-resourced organizations to enhance this area on their own.
- We make it a point to show Informer as a list generator and not a fully fleshed out report writer. There is room to grow here as well. It just so happens our users are much more used to extracting the data than generating a publishable report directly out of the Informer product.
- Over the years, Informer has expanded its capability to meet all of the needs initially. Some of the things I initially saw as weaknesses was because it didn't fit into the vision Entrinsik had set for its product.
Entrinsik Informer was really the only option. It handled our unique Database platform and provided our users with immediate cost and frustration savings. Since then, Informer has remained more than relevant, establishing itself in an ever changing database environment. We continually add data sources and Informer continues to serve us so well.
Hands down, Informer is the best ROI our university has ever had. Our day to day operations thrive on the data, and the product contributes regularly to our strategic decisions and plans as a university.
Informer is uniquely positioned in my view to bridge the data gaps that exist in so many organizations. With Informer, we are able to join and return data from multiple servers and databases and even database platforms. Our institution, used to try to reign in these database islands, now we work to incorporate them into the larger system of data, and provide them with their missing information while simultaneously filling out the larger data picture on our campus.
Entrinsik Informer Feature Ratings
Using Entrinsik Informer
As a heavy user of Informer daily, I've grown very accustomed to the interface and the usability. I find it logical and at the same time elegant and pleasant.
Usability Pros and Cons
Like to use
Easy to use
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Creating selection criteria for each report is very logical and easy to follow. The UI makes the process very easy to handle the potentially complex nature of the data requests.
- Adding fields of data to the reports are a breeze. The drag and drop UI make the composition very quick and easy. The flexible nature of the calculated columns vastly extends the power of the report.
- Informer won't let you tell it to do something it can't. It won't let you query against a field it can't see, etc. This can be confusing for some users, but I'm not sure how Entrinsik could improve it.
- Informer can support complex custom functions, and unless you are very adept at writing these functions, they can come across as difficult.
Mobile Interface Availability and Impressions