Overall Satisfaction with Entrinsik Informer
Informer is being used throughout the college community. The Informer reporting tool allows users on-demand access to operational data in order to make effective business decisions.
- The Informer reporting tool is easy to use for users of all levels of technical expertise.
- The Informer reporting tool does not require IT support to create reports. Users can create, run and modify reports without requiring IT resources.
- The flexibility of security administration allows us to grant users access to only the data sources, files, fields, and reports related to their specific jobs.
- The Informer dashboards allow immediate access to statistics and key performance indicators. Charts and graphs can be designed in minutes to reflect various report results in graphic form.
- Informer allows us the flexibility of reporting out of multiple databases.
- Entrinsik is working to remedy issues related to server memory usage. They are very open to user feedback and consider the relationship with their clients to be priority.
Entrinsik Informer's ease of use and its ability to connect with multiple data sources made Informer the best choice for our college. Other reporting tools required extensive IT involvement to create reports which caused users to wait on availability of resources to meet user needs.
Informer has become an integral part of our daily operational routines at CPCC. Users throughout the college have adopted the tool to perform many regular processes in their daily work. The widespread adoption throughout CPCC would mean users would be less likely to accept a less user friendly solution.
Informer has the ability to work with a variety of data sources so is an effective solution for a variety of businesses.
Using Entrinsik Informer
435 - Our users represent a variety of departments throughout the CPCC community.
4 - We currently have a systems administrator and a reporting team based in ITS to assist with unusually complicated report requests.
- Informer reports are used in our daily enrollment processes at CPCC.
- We use Informer reports and dashboards to deliver important statistics related to financial aid awards, veterans awards, and current enrollment statistics.
- Informer reports are used in the preparation and verification of data to meet a variety regulatory report requirements.
- We are using the Informer reports to meet Affordable Care Act reporting requirements.
- The creation of a Human Resources dashboard reflecting workforce statistics has reduced repeated calls for statistics and freed up resources for other projects.
- We are hoping to link multiple data sources to create statistics related information housed in different systems.
Evaluating Entrinsik and Competitors
Yes - Informer replaced our ERP reporting tool, QueryBuilder, which was being eliminated with the changes in our ERP system. The elimination of our existing tool, which was not user-friendly and more difficult to adminsiter security, allowed us to revisit our vision about where we wanted the future of data reporting and data governance to go at CPCC.
- Product Usability
- Vendor Reputation
We needed a solution that could serve as a self-service tool for our users. The reporting tool needed to have granular security so we could provide the best data governance structure possible but still give users the access to the files and fields they needed to get their business done.
If we had to do it again, I do not believe we would change our evaluation process. We evaluated several solutions and reviewed all of them based on the short and long term goals of CPCC. The products were reviewed by technical and non-technical members of our organization. The college seems very satisfied with its choice of Entrinsik's Informer.
Users without programming knowledge can easily build reports with very limited training necessary.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
- Informer uses a "drag and drop" technology, which is familiar to most users, to allow users to create reports easily without any programming knowledge.