Overall Satisfaction with Entrinsik Informer
We use Informer across campus. It changed the way we access information. In the past, power users ran reports for the rest of campus. Now, the entire campus has access to the information they need when they want it.
Our IT department writes most of the reports and controls access. For example, all budget managers have access to real-time information. What the budget manager sees is limited to the general ledger numbers they manage. One department can't see another department's numbers. We also have access to course information, demographics, etc. All the information seen depends on your access level. End users love it since all they have to do is fill in a few blanks!
- Put information into the hands of those that need it for quick & easy access.
- Allows security controls so the right people see the right information.
- I wish it was easier to write reports on the fly.
- I would love if I could save the report modifications I make for me to see each time (if I drag column somewhere, it does not stay that way when I open it again).
I really liked using the Query Builder that was once part of our Colleague system; however, it really relied on power users to provide the information to the campus. As Query Builder was phased out, our campus moved to Informer. The switch over was very successful. For most end users, the change was quick and easy. Now, even those resistant to the change are on board!
I think Informer is great when a lot of people need similar information from your CRM. Reports can be written where the end user fills in their specific request. It is as easy as fill in the blank!
Entrinsik Informer Feature Ratings
Using Entrinsik Informer
I use it on a regular basis and it is very simple. The only time I struggle is if I am trying to write a complex report. Our admins write most of the reports, so this does not happen often.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Exporting to a .csv file
- Changing input in the Runtime Parameter
- Sorting on screen takes a while if you have a lot of data output
- Writing complex reports