October 17, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Epicor Cloud ERP
Overall Satisfaction with Epicor ERP
Currently use Epicor ERP in all of our manufacturing, customer service, finance and engineering departments, some sales also included. Our next phase is to merge Epicor with Salesforce to have it be more seamless. Has addressed and taken care of manual record keeping, spreadsheets, communication and error. True MRP with exploded BOM instead of flat BOM which we had before.
- Most important---Epicor ERP keeps technology up to date with meaningful updates and revisions so that we will never have another legacy system again!
- Epicor ERP gives you the opportunity to have access to your data and just about do anything with it so that you can see and format how you need it.
- Access other areas needed without having to find and open more menu options. Just right click and open with.
- Being able to see and have excel manipulation and capability within Financial reporting instead of having to use Excel Connect.
- Having to close the entire program to see new Menu items or data pool refresh.
- Some windows need to be saved after each box within the window before you can continue-instead of one save per window when complete or auto save.
- More visibility, we now have profit/loss on each Dealer/Territory/product model etc. Information to make needed decisions quickly.
- Departments work better and have better communication between them.
- Positively changing the way we do business.
We have not yet gotten into machine monitoring, diagnostics or learning. The dashboards alone are amazing and have made work more productive and accurate. Having the tools and information you need to do your job has given us opportunity to be more proactive than reactive.
Currently using planning and scheduling along with forecasting, capabilities. Having the ability for the computer to know which model may not have a part arrive in time so it can properly be scheduled helps us with visibility instead of finding out you are short a part right at the time you need it. Having dashboards to let us physically see if an operation is taking longer than it should etc gives us the opportunity to manage by exceptions instead of spot checking or waiting for a bottleneck.
When you purchase technology and bring it home, it is quickly outdated. Cloud has easier update/upgrades, as well as access. Anywhere you have an internet connection including cell phones/tablets/computers etc., you have access as if you were sitting at your desk at work. Notifications can be set to cell phone so even when out of the office you don't have to check your email, you can get a quick text, answer it and have it be done. Sales has access from anywhere on the road at anytime zone. Cloud has multiple backups so even if electricity lost you have access on cellular devices. Your information is safe.
I gave a high scalability because it really doesn't matter how much or how little you need, how many employees, how detailed your bill of materials, distribution is or your financial reporting needs are Epicor can do it with ease of use and is there to help you grow. Have as little or as much as you need without having to pay for items you don't need.
Surprisingly easy to work with, they operate using the same software, have integrated their customer service, revised their ticket system which gives you the ability to escalate the severity of each need. They are willing and really do care about their customers.
Was down to Epicor and Infor SyteLine for our final two and had our core team privately write which they wanted and why. Summing it up best was one of the responses: If you want what is familiar and like your legacy system, go with SyteLine, but if you want all the bells and whistles go with Epicor. Our Configurator specialist hands down picked Epicor as did our IT department.
Personally believe that Epicor is the best company out there for ERP. Large company who is personable, accountable and genuinely cares to make your business successful. Always striving for ease of use while keeping up with the world of change. Epicor is more of an extension of our business than a supplier of a product.