Overall Satisfaction with Evernote
Evernote is used as a tool to organize various documents and enhance collaboration across teams working on the same documents or project simultaneously. We use it to take notes from our brainstorming sessions and whiteboard discussions and then sharing and accessing the content from anywhere. All types of files like Word, Excel, pdf, PowerPoint and media files can be stored and shared from Evernote.
- The documents can be searched with keywords present in the content of the document. This even works for text/keywords in images with amazing accuracy.
- One can simply email the files to a designated email id and the files automatically get stored into your Evernote account. This saves a lot of hassle in first downloading the content from the email and then uploading it to Evernote.
- Evernote also acts as a contact management tool. One can simply scan business cards and then the contact information can be searched later. Evernote also pulls out the contact information from LinkedIn so that you always have the latest information present and can see the professional profile of the person to get a better context. This feature is mainly used by sales and business development teams.
- Web application has limited features especially with respect to images. Images can not be rotated or cropped in Evernote.
- No option to record audio and video directly from Evernote. Recording is very helpful while conducting telephonic or face to face interviews.
- One can not attach tags with the specific excerpts of a document. The tags can be associated with a complete document only which is annoying as in case of a large document, I have to go through the entire document to locate the required content.
- Notes or minutes of the meetings can be shared to the teams in real time and plan of action can be discussed rather than going to and fro in emails.
- Enhances employee productivity as different people can work on the same document with changes reflecting in real time.
- Increased employee efficiency as now the project documents can be accessed from any device and even if internet is not available. One can continue to work without the internet connectivity.
Evernote is well suited for small documents and notes storage and collaboration. The documents can be shared and discussed in real time in Evernote and documents can be shared so that changes are visible to all the members. As there is no option to tag a specific section or paragraph of the document, Evernote becomes less useful for storage and organizing of large size documents.