Sysomos Expion Review 12 of 18
Sysomos Expion Review: "A great tool I hope to use again in the future"
https://www.trustradius.com/social-media-managementSysomos ExpionUnspecified7.530101
October 27, 2014

Sysomos Expion Review: "A great tool I hope to use again in the future"

Score 10 out of 101

Modules Used
Facebook, Twitter

Overall Satisfaction with Expion

I am not using Expion at my current organization, but I was in the middle of evaluating it for purchase at my previous agency before I left, and had used daily it at the company prior to that.

At the company where I used it daily, I was the main user with our clients checking in weekly to make content approvals. It was incredibly helpful in organizing, publishing, and measuring the success of our social content across Facebook and Twitter. At this time, many of the features that are now available natively, such as content scheduling and post editing, were not available so this tool made it possible. However the most useful part to us was being able to measure our ROI across networks as well as compare against competitors and industry averages.

• I was responsible for providing a detailed analytics dashboard to my clients on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis. Expion made this process very easy because I was able to simply export all of our data into Excel and otherwise make very easy to understand presentations.
  • It has been a while since I've used the product on a regular basis, so I'm not aware of current pain points.
It has been some time since I've used Expion's publishing tools so I am afraid I can't give an accurate reading of how well it is currently doing.
  • Hootsuite Pro,Hootsuite Free,Oracle Social Relationship Management,Simply Measured,Sprout Social,Argyle Social
Expion seemed to me, when it was last presented in early 2014, to be the most comprehensive of all other platforms, when it came to publishing, measuring, and listening. Many other platforms seemed to either specialize in just one social network or could only tell a particular part of the social story.
I don't foresee using it in the immediate future, as my current company is much smaller than the others, however if it came to be that we had the budget and infrastructure to support using such a tool, I would most likely recommend it if the purchasing decision was up to me.
I have recommended Expion to several community manager acquaintances. Because it is expensive as well as very comprehensive, it is best for larger companies and agencies with large clients. It would perhaps be too much for any small businesses or freelancers to use. I would stress the value of the product to whoever is making the ultimate purchasing decision but be realistic when it comes to budget.

Expion Support

Every time I had a question, I received a fast detailed response and help when I needed it. If a feature was not currently available, it was often added to a list of features to be added at a later time or the team provided me with a workaround that worked almost as well..
ProsCons
Quick Resolution
Good followup
Knowledgeable team
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
None
When I was evaluating this product for purchase, the sales team was very helpful in sharing concise and easy to understand documents for me to share with my team. They were also very patient and I never felt hurried or hassled. Whenever I wanted to test a feature they were able to show me with no problem.