HootSuite Enterprise provides a centralized platform for managing streams from different social media channels and posting/ engaging across channels simultaneously. It also has strong team / workflow features and good mobile apps.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/vG/FW/82VTWIZC8WTT.JPEGHootsuite - The Clunky and Overwhelming Campaign Manager That Will Boost Your ReachUsing Hootsuite allows me to track my posts across multiple platforms so I don't have to use Wordpress's subscription tool. It also offers quite the variety of social media platforms to post on, as well as campaign management.,Variety of social media platforms, this allows you to not only track campaigns on Facebook but Twitter, Instagram, etc. As long as you know how to read stats, there is plenty of detail information provided on every one of your campaigns. This stands out against competitors as I feel you receive the most information for your money.,The interface is incredibly clunky. I felt that it would struggle often when I would try to complete a campaign. The service is a bit overwhelming to use at the start. If you don't understand many of the features, there are plenty of 3rd party groups to receive information from.,6,2,Overall, we didn't have a major impact on our biggest objective. Individually it worked on the small projects, not the overall picture. Due to its complex and overwhelming interface, many of our users denied using it.,A must for Social Media posting!Posting on Social Media multiple times a day, several days a week can be complicated. Hootsuite makes everything easier! A hub to manage different social media and bulk posting. Our marketing department uses it to manage social media (comments from customers, shares, etc.) and schedule their posts.,It helps to have everything together (mentions, inbox, etc.) Lets you publish in bulk Possibility to schedule in advance your posts,Difficult to set up and to use Bulk composer is still in BETA and has a lot of problems,8,4,Save us A LOT of time! Instead of manually posting everything we use the bulk composer.Hootsuite Makes Social Management EasyAt my old organization, we used Hootsuite as a social media management tool in the marketing department, specifically as it relates to Twitter. Just using Twitter alone is fine, but Hootsuite allowed us to see mentions, interaction, etc. all in one view. No need to flip back between pages; it makes managing a social account easy. In my current role, I use Hootsuite to manage my clients' social media channels similar to my previous role. When our team presented our clients with social platform management options, all of them opted for Hootsuite and have been extremely happy with the data, management, and ease of use that Hootsuite allows.,Easy to interact with other users or consumers--fast. Hootsuite allows a real-time feed like Twitter used to have. Notifications are more easily seen. Easy to monitor all aspects of social, including through multiple accounts. Did someone mention your account(s)? There's a panel for that. Only want to see specific content? You're able to create data profiles on whatever you choose. What to minter multiple accounts at once? Done. Scheduling tweets are easy, which means you can fully develop your social calendar and not have to worry about taking a break from your dinner to send out that 6 pm tweet.,When scheduling tweets, it can be easy to hit the wrong button and send the tweet out immediately. Would love to see better design to avoid that. With so much data on the screen, sometimes it can look overwhelming and, maybe this is just me, quite ugly. Personal preference, sure, but I would love to see a cleaner looking design.,9,7,Hootsuite has definitely helped save time, which translates to a more productive team.,Sprout Social and Iconosquare,Iconosquare, Box, BlueJeansFantastic social scheduling toolAs a marketing agency that offers social media management services, Hootsuite was used to manage and schedule social posts across Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for both the agency itself and for several clients. Several people used the account - it was most useful for scheduling and reviewing posts ahead of time, and the deck to see what activity was happening on your profiles was also very useful.,Scheduling - easy to see what is being scheduled at what time and across which platforms. Reliable too. Good dashboard, customisable feeds (like Tweet deck, but across all social platforms) to monitor multiple streams in one place. Good team management so multiple people can use it. Can review scheduled posts before they are sent out.,Sometimes a preview is not entirely true/detailed. e.g. when you schedule a twitter post, you can't see what image it will automatically pull through. This means that sometimes it doesn't pull through anything and you have a grey broken link icon next to your tweet which does not look professional! It can take a while to upload images - slow loading time. Have had problems when scheduling LinkedIn posts - sometimes doesn't pull link through properly (runs into the text next to it, even when on a new line) and have had instances when images haven't pulled through either.,8,5,Have used to attract new business Good uptake on content shared through hootsuite,Dropbox for Business, WordPress, EvernoteGreat product, great peopleWe use Hootsuite Enterprise in order for our PR, social media, and communications teams to collaborate globally.,Hootsuite does a great job of listening to their customers. Their account reps are great and always keep us in the loop of the product roadmap. Hootsuite is always striving to improve their product. Hootsuite makes it easy to switch back and forth between profiles, accounts, and users.,Hootsuite has some bugs, nothing huge, but a few things that impact workflow. Slow loading times, streams that won't connect, etc.,8,,Hootsuite Enterprise simplified our workflow and allowed us to collaborate with different teams easily,Google Drive, Google Forms,Not Sure,Price Product Features Product Reputation Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor,We would reduce the number of seats our org purchased but we would still go with Hootsuite Enterprise.
Hootsuite Enterprise

Hootsuite Enterprise Reviews

Hootsuite Enterprise
Top Rated Award
Filter 222 vetted Hootsuite Enterprise reviews and ratings
January 16, 2018

Hootsuite Enterprise Review: "Hootsuite - The Clunky and Overwhelming Campaign Manager That Will Boost Your Reach"

• Variety of social media platforms, this allows you to not only track campaigns on Facebook but Twitter, Instagram, etc.
  • As long as you know how to read stats, there is plenty of detail information provided on every one of your campaigns. This stands out against competitors as I feel you receive the most information for your money.
  • The interface is incredibly clunky. I felt that it would struggle often when I would try to complete a campaign.
  • The service is a bit overwhelming to use at the start. If you don't understand many of the features, there are plenty of 3rd party groups to receive information from.
If you are working on brand management across multiple social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Soundcloud, then it would be a great fit for the service's versatility. If you are only working on one platform, you will be better off just focusing on the utilization of the platform's ad service.
Read Brandon Stuhr's full review
November 30, 2017

Hootsuite Enterprise Review: "A must for Social Media posting!"

• It helps to have everything together (mentions, inbox, etc.)
  • Lets you publish in bulk
  • Possibility to schedule in advance your posts
  • Difficult to set up and to use
  • Bulk composer is still in BETA and has a lot of problems
If you post many times on social media it's a must! We tweet more than 20 times a day, every day of the week. Without Hootsuite it would take me forever to post everything. Now I can schedule everything for the week.
Read Dérick St-Hilaire's full review
January 18, 2018

Hootsuite Enterprise Review: "Hootsuite Makes Social Management Easy"

• Easy to interact with other users or consumers--fast. Hootsuite allows a real-time feed like Twitter used to have. Notifications are more easily seen.
  • Easy to monitor all aspects of social, including through multiple accounts. Did someone mention your account(s)? There's a panel for that. Only want to see specific content? You're able to create data profiles on whatever you choose. What to minter multiple accounts at once? Done.
  • Scheduling tweets are easy, which means you can fully develop your social calendar and not have to worry about taking a break from your dinner to send out that 6 pm tweet.
  • When scheduling tweets, it can be easy to hit the wrong button and send the tweet out immediately. Would love to see better design to avoid that.
  • With so much data on the screen, sometimes it can look overwhelming and, maybe this is just me, quite ugly. Personal preference, sure, but I would love to see a cleaner looking design.
Hootsuite is great if you want to monitor one or more accounts. Specifically, if you are trying to build out a social calendar. Hootsuite makes it easy to develop a thorough content calendar while also promoting/posting things in real-time. If you want to boost interaction with consumers/followers, Hootsuite makes it easy to see mentions and interaction and then tweet back to other users.

If you are unsure of your social goals, I would say Hootsuite might not be for you, as it pertains to more advanced levels of social media marketing.
January 11, 2018

Hootsuite Enterprise Review: "Fantastic social scheduling tool"

• Scheduling - easy to see what is being scheduled at what time and across which platforms. Reliable too.
  • Good dashboard, customisable feeds (like Tweet deck, but across all social platforms) to monitor multiple streams in one place.
  • Good team management so multiple people can use it.
  • Can review scheduled posts before they are sent out.
  • Sometimes a preview is not entirely true/detailed. e.g. when you schedule a twitter post, you can't see what image it will automatically pull through. This means that sometimes it doesn't pull through anything and you have a grey broken link icon next to your tweet which does not look professional!
  • It can take a while to upload images - slow loading time.
  • Have had problems when scheduling LinkedIn posts - sometimes doesn't pull link through properly (runs into the text next to it, even when on a new line) and have had instances when images haven't pulled through either.
It's really great for social scheduling - especially if you have lots of accounts you're managing, so is good for agency use. Beware though - you need to ensure that you send the right post from the right channel or you may end up sending another client's tweet from a different social profile (easily done.)
October 09, 2017

Hootsuite Enterprise Review: "Great product, great people"

• Hootsuite does a great job of listening to their customers. Their account reps are great and always keep us in the loop of the product roadmap.
  • Hootsuite is always striving to improve their product.
  • Hootsuite makes it easy to switch back and forth between profiles, accounts, and users.
  • Hootsuite has some bugs, nothing huge, but a few things that impact workflow. Slow loading times, streams that won't connect, etc.
Hootsuite is great for managing multiple profiles or using social media on behalf of other people or organizations. It's not always great for testing different social media functionalities, Facebook posting, or Instagram posting.
February 23, 2017

Review: "Hootsuite Enterprise: the time-saver of the company"

Hootsuite Enterprise is being used by the marketing department of the organization of the company I work for, the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance, a Popular Music University. The reason we chose to use Hootsuite as our main software to manage social media is its versatility, as it is very effective for us in terms of management of different pages and platforms at the same time, but also in terms of campaigns and promotional plans. We also use its insight tools to keep track of our work and compare it with our competitors.
  • Effective management of different pages and social media in real time.
  • Clear and well guided creation of promotional campaigns and micro websites - extremely useful for launching contests of any kind (video, photo, etc.).
  • Easy to use adding people to the team - which is not possible using the Free version.
  • I would suggest an agreement with Instagram would be great as the scheduling process works but Hootsuite cannot post anything on that platform without passing through a mobile phone.
  • Sometimes I lose the access of pages randomly - it disconnects and takes a while to reconnect.
  • I think that all the members of a Hootsuite Enterprise team should have an Enterprise account activated, not only the super admin. This might cause problems as some features are not available for free users even if they're a part of the Enterprise team.
The typical scenario is a long period of vacation, such as the Christmas holiday break, in which posts need to be scheduled effectively and everything needs to be in place in order for the company not to lose track of the work and not to miss any posts. I could rely on Hootsuite by planning in advance all my work and when I came back everything went according to plans. The notifications that I needed to see if anything wasn't going the way I planned all came in time for me to fix the issue ASAP and I thought I could really rely on the software.
Read Francesca Confortini's full review
September 30, 2015

"Hootsuite Enterprise Review: Spectrum Health"

At Spectrum Health, we are currently using Hootsuite Enterprise within the System Communications and Marketing department. It is primarily used by the Social Media team; however, the Social Media team is in charge of managing others within the department who are using the tool. This addresses security, consistency, and ease of use.
  • Customer Service: Hootsuite Enterprise customer support goes above and beyond. When we are interested in updates, have questions, or want to customize the tool, the team at Hootsuite is always fast and accommodating.
  • Updates: Hootsuite Enterprise is consistently listening to its customers and clients and updating the tool. These updates are timely and trustworthy.
  • Ease of Use: The Hootsuite Enterprise tool is 100% user friendly. It works with your business to do what works best for your needs.
  • The Hootsuite mobile app would be much easier to use if the interface included a stream for favorites, new followers, and retweets.
  • In order to allow for better cross-department planning, a draft feature that is open as public (public to team members) would be a great addition.
Hootsuite Enterprise works very well for our company in managing how large we are and how many social channels we own. The tool allows for the oversight we need as a small team in a large system. Additionally, because we are dealing with the health care industry, we find the security tools and partnership with Nexgate essential in our execution and use. Hootsuite Enterprise continues to impress us in its updates, customer service, ease of use, and unique/modern features.
Read Kristin Coppens's full review
December 17, 2015

Review: "Hootsuite enterprise for the everyday company"

• Allowing others to manage Hootsuite with additional users. We have found that to be very useful allowing others to use it at the same time. We can assigned certain project to other strategist as well as post comments for them to read.
  • The analytics are great, because you get to look at the links and where people are coming from. Offering you a greater insight into how your campaign is running while also providing you with the right information to provide to your clients to show them the results of your campaign.
  • Being able to monitor what people are saying about you on the same screen as your post and news feed makes up for time management.
  • I think there could be room for seeing impressions and who your top influential users are on each social network.
  • The addition of a buffer tool as well would be very useful for those trying to spread posts throughout their day. This would be a great to add-on to a great product.
If they are just starting out and are curious about which software to use to manage their content, look no further because hootsuite it will save hours of your life.
Read Joseph Calcavecchia's full review
July 23, 2015

Hootsuite Enterprise: "MailChimp's Hootsuite Review-a-palooza!"

MailChimp uses Hootsuite to manage our various social media accounts/profiles. We have a Social Support department that uses the app to monitor and respond to folks that have questions or comments. It's been great for making it easy to have a team that manages things, and for tracking the work that each team member does.
  • Hootsuite has been a valuable tool for enabling multiple members of the team to work efficiently and comfortably since each login profile can set their dashboard up as they wish. That's something that we haven't had before and makes things much easier for each one of our team members.
  • Since there are multiple logins Hootsuite makes it much easier to keep track of what team member is managing what conversation. It allows us to make sure that all of the incoming questions are answered and that no one person gets too overloaded. It also makes it easy to assign things to some other departments that are set up to respond/monitor specific posts as well.
  • Hootsuite offers many opportunities to learn! There are webinars that pop up often and Hootsuite University is full of handy modules that can help make life easier for our Social Support team. We're much better off for having those opportunities to increase our own knowledge!
  • We'd love for Hootsuite to have a few more reporting options tied to the activity of each login. Some form of reporting that includes specific responses tied to each user would be fantastic. Also would love to see a report that covers ALL tags, without having to manually choose each one.
  • It can at times be cumbersome when bots make a ton of tweets that flood our Twitter feed. It would be great to be able to filter out keywords or Tweets from specific handles, as that could help us ensure we aren't missing anything important!
  • The workflow tied to commenting on some Facebook posts -- generally when they are not posted directly to the MailChimp FB page -- can be kind of confusing and a little hard to do. We'd love to see that be more straightforward, and I know that Hootsuite has their developers looking into it already!
Hootsuite is great when there is a team or group that all needs access to the social platforms but would like to have their own various dashboards. It's also useful when used for measuring the impact of social posts that are outgoing. Hootsuite would seem to not be as useful when there is a single person doing all of the posting.
Read Kevan Gammage's full review
July 23, 2015

Hootsuite Enterprise Review: "Hootsuite: It will change your life"

We have implemented Hootsuite Enterprise in four departments at Radford University: the Office of Web Strategy and Interactive Media, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, the Career Center and the Office of Alumni Relations. Hootsuite Enterprise has revolutionized how we manage social media. We are able to see at a glance all of our key social media accounts, post easily across them, view the content calendar across all the areas within Hootsuite, assign inquires to the appropriate users, and get robust and useful reports that aid us in analyzing our strategies and tweak them as needed.
  • The ability to create customized dashboards allows us to get a high-level view of how everything is going -- all in one place.
  • The reporting capabilities allow us to see what is working and what is not so we can tweak our strategy.
  • The ability to manage permissions across a broad team is awesome!
  • Currently, university LinkedIn accounts cannot be linked through Hootsuite, so we still have to log in separately to manage that account.
  • I wish we could customize the look and feel of the dashboard a bit.
Hootsuite Enterprise is ideal if you have a team of users (5 or more) that manage multiple social media accounts. When choosing a tool like this, I would be sure to ask:

• Can permissions be managed at a micro level? Can you create users who have limited permissions that allow them to view and create posts but require someone with more advanced permissions to approve the posts?
  • What is the implementation process? Will you need to set up the system yourself or will the vendor provide implementation services?
  • What is the reporting like? Can you export executive reports that are branded for your company/university?
Read Jaime Hunt, MS IMC's full review
July 22, 2015

User Review: "Using Hootsuite Enterprise"

We are using Hootsuite Enterprise to better coordinate our social media channels/messages. It has helped to streamline our external recruiting processes and has allowed multiple departments to begin working together to produce content and schedule posts.
  • Hootsuite Enterprise allows us to access more social media channels than the other products we've looked at. They've also been open about upcoming additions, which has allowed us to plan which channels we may use in the future.
  • When we've had a problem with a post or using Hootsuite Enterprise in general, the support team has responded quickly. While it is never convenient to have something stop working, it is nice to count on their quick response.
  • The Team Hierarchy structure is straightforward and has been simple to use as we've had to adjust access for individuals who have moved to various teams.
  • There is no simple way to preview how a post will appear on the various social media platforms. It makes it tough to know what to expect without some trial and error.
  • I wish there was more transparency about how each feature works. For example, Hootsuite allows you to post multiple pictures on Facebook in one post. However, when they go live it actually posts each picture separately. Knowing how it works ahead of time allows us to tailor our approach.
Hootsuite Enterprise is a good tool to use when you have multiple social media accounts that you need to manage simultaneously. If you only were using one platform, it may be sufficient to use their own native management tools (Facebook pages, etc.). Hootsuite's ability to create teams and provide varying access for users is also an important feature. If there is only one person who posts on social media and an approval is not required, Hootsuite may not be a necessary tool.
Read Wes Horrocks's full review
July 22, 2015

User Review: "Hootsuite Enterprise for Universities"

Hootsuite Enterprise has been our go to tool for managing social media at Georgia State University. Universities by nature are very siloed and this tool gives us the ability to effectively monitor the conversation and get it in the hands of the right departments across campus. As a result customer services has improved as well as our lead generation for admissions.

I have also been very pleased with the level of customer support and service Hootsuite provides. They are always willing to go above and beyond to help their clients solve business problems. You will also find as you start to work with Hootsuite, they are always improving and adding new services. We are very pleased with the product and the way Hootsuite has helped shape our interactions with our audience.

• Social dashboard - integrates with most social services and has a robust selection of apps
  • Work flow - provides great work flow for social customer service
  • Listening - gives us the tools we need to monitor the conversation
  • LinkedIn University integration - This is more on LinkedIn's end of not opening the API, but it is a gap for universities.
Hootsuite Enterprise is great for customer service oriented departments. We monitor the conversation in the central public relations office and are able to feed the offices who have less time to monitor the information they need to better serve their customer.
It's also great for bulk scheduling across many platforms. Many accounts at a university are events and deadline driven. This gives them the opportunity to schedule things out well in advance.
Read Terry Coniglio's full review
December 23, 2015

Hootsuite Enterprise Review: "Enterprising!"

It's being used by the corporate social media team along with the social media admins from our regional hospitals and service lines.
  • Publishing to multiple channels
  • Scheduling in advance
  • Content library
  • It would be nice to be able to add more streams to a page for monitoring.
  • Sometimes have difficulty with geo targeting of search results
It's important to consider the number of accounts you need to publish and monitor as well as the number of people you want to use Hootsuite. This all plays into the cost.
Read Michael Yoder's full review
August 03, 2015

Hootsuite Enterprise Review: "Affordable, effective and reliable solution"

Hootsuite Enterprise is used throughout our organization. We have members of our team across the US and in Australia and the United Kingdom successfully utilizing this product. We rely on HootSuite enterprise for monitoring, responding and measuring the impact of our social media efforts. We have found it to be a great fit for our organization.
  • Monitoring a number of different platforms, and social media accounts globally.
  • Love the response tracking and internal communication among teams.
  • Analytics are simple and easy to use. They allow for auto-generation which saves us a great deal of time monthly. They are also easy to read and understand for our non-social media stakeholders.
  • They are making product improvements all the time.
More in depth reporting for more advanced organizations.
Read Kerry Hassen's full review
April 08, 2015

Review: "HootSuite Enterprise: Great functionality but at too great a price?"

We are a small advertising/marketing/PR agency and we have a social media team that uses HootSuite Enterprise to manage client social media accounts, as well as our agency's own accounts. HootSuite Enterprise lets us monitor conversations, schedule messages and run analytics for multiple clients, each with multiple social media accounts, from one shared dashboard without each person having to know passwords or sign in to multiple accounts. Most (but not all) clients also have one or two of their staff members who can share the same dashboard with our staff to form a joint team. After we do initial orientation for our staff or client team members, we can enable them to enroll in "HootSuite University" to continue their education independently. We can quickly build client-specific Twitter lists and integrate a client's existing apps (e.g., Salesforce or Mail Chimp, or Constant Contact) to efficiently implement an advanced social media strategy for our nonprofit, public sector, and small business clients.
  • Works well with a broad range of social media networks (Google+ pages, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn corporate/groups/individuals, YouTube, Flickr, Vimeo, FourSquare, Instagram, Storify, ScoopIt, SurveyMonkey, etc.) so everything can be managed (and analyzed) in one place securely.
  • Customized analytic reports can be built for each client and scheduled for automatic distribution on a set schedule.
  • HootSuite University enables self-paced independent learning for new staff and clients.
  • "Template" posts/messages can be developed and saved for each social media team, which ensures quality for routine hiring/recruitment and customer service messages.
  • When monitoring/listening for certain topics, you can easily email or assign specific posts and comments directly to the responsible or interested party.
  • Although at the Enterprise level there is an expedited support function, we have found the speed and quality of the responses to be spotty.
  • The Enterprise level is extremely pricey and clients routinely downgrade to the Pro version to save money.
  • Only ow.ly links are tracked, so if clients or staff forget or use another app or web version of a social network, no analytics are available. (There is a custom url shortning function, but it is outrageously expensive.)
  • We find that the integrated HootSuite Syndicator and the RSS Reader app are extremely slow and bog down everything, so we continue to subscribe to Feedly to monitor RSS feeds for individual client industries.
  • While pricing at the Pro level is published, the Enterprise pricing is not -- which continually makes us (and our clients) worry that as small firms we are overpaying relative to the Fortune 1000 and other 'big guys.'
HootSuite Enterprise is best suited for large-to-mid-size companies or organizations. Ask if you really need the Enterprise version, or can you get by with the Pro version available for 10 users or less? When evaluating the Pro version, don't forget to consider the cost of each analytic report, premium app and individual enrolled in HootSuite University.
Read Pat Heffernan's full review
July 31, 2015

Hootsuite Enterprise Review: "Hootsuite: The Place To Be For Social Media Management"

We at the CFL use Hootsuite Enterprise for not only social media management of our own channels, but have a contract that sees all 9 CFL teams use the Hootsuite platform. This allows all the teams to have their social media (most notably Twitter) all under one umbrella giving access to great functionality such as content library and the ability for everyone to see what everyone else is doing. Placing all team and league accounts under the enterprise software has been a great tool for not only me at the league office, but for all teams.
  • The Tweet Scheduling tool allows social media managers like myself to take care of content days in advance and allows others within the org. to see those scheduled Tweets to ensure there is no timing overlap.
  • The different stream functionalities allow me to have different set ups for Game Days, special events and easily track our teams, players and media.
  • The content library allows me to easily share content with the other org users with the simple click of a button.
  • The 24/7 support team is always ready to help should anyone in the org. have any questions, concerns or notice any bugs.
  • For me there is no real weakness to the Hootsuite software except the Facebook publisher tends to have a bug or two when using it to publish multiple photos.
If you're a social media manager, Hootsuite is THE product to use. End of story.
Read Maxmillien Rosenberg's full review
July 22, 2015

Hootsuite Enterprise Review: "Hit Up HootSuite"

Our department made the decision to purchase HootSuite Enterprise in 2013 in order to maintain a growing number of social accounts as well as provide a better institutional understanding of the role that social media plays in the communication efforts for all audiences including faculty, staff, students, alumni and fans. While not all departments on our campus utilize Hootsuite Enterprise, more and more departments are expressing interest in the software.
  • The ability to share an editorial calendar with all users in the software is incredibly helpful. It allows our internal social decision makers the ability to see what content their coworkers are sending and when.
  • Hootsuite's customer service is second to none. I can always get a response from a team member quickly which is critical in the world of Public Relations and Communications. They also aren't focused on the next sale and call to follow-up on product usage frequently. It's a relationship; not a sale.
  • HootSuite is constantly improving the platform and adding value to an already powerful software.
  • I'd love to see interactive reports that could be shared online. As of right now, the analytics portion of the software is quite helpful, but I hope there will come a time in which my CCO asks for a slick, interactive report that I can generate within the platform and send to him without having to download a PDF.
If you're looking to manage social accounts, HootSuite Enterprise is the way to go!
Read Ryan Whittington's full review
July 08, 2015

Hootsuite Enterprise Review: "A handy straight forward program"

We currently use Hootsuite to manage our primary social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Google+) and to interact with our parent company and sister brands. The primary reason for using the software is to better organize and review our posts before they post on various channels. Since our whole group uses the program I can see which brands are pushing out messages at a given time to help serve the overall strategy of the parent company.
  • The scheduling layout is superior to any other products on the market
  • Ability to add group members and change access for each member on the fly is very handy
  • The contacts interface is nicely arranged and helpful in looking for followers of influence
  • The software is very inconsistent with formatting for Facebook & Google+. At times it will set up a post to render nicely in the channels and at other times it will not show an image or show sloppy formatting where it's better to post directly in the channel.
  • I wish there was a good way to post directly to as many channels as possible and just hit up the differences between the channels instead of having to create separate posts for different channels so that formatting will work correctly.
  • The streams are handy, but if you have quite a few channels it is hard to navigate quickly to what you want to see. If there was a better way to break down or temporarily hide sections it would be very handy.
After trying a few different competing programs I felt that Hootsuite was the most robust and reliable of them all. If you are handling more than three channels it is well worth using this software. If you are looking for a great source of analytics though you will be a bit disappointed. This section seems to be an afterthought and while it does give some decent insight I find it just augments other reports I find elsewhere.
Read Greg Simerlink's full review
October 07, 2014

Hootsuite Enterprise Review: "Great for teams of any size"

We are using HootSuite in several team across our marketing department, as well as our customer support department. It helps us monitor and respond to questions, complaints, or mentions in real-time allowing us to join relevant conversations or address customer issues at the speed that social media users expect.
  • Ease of use is a big strength for us. Getting new users up to speed on using the product is very quick and we don't need to spend a lot of time on training or support.
  • The Assignments are great, especially when you have multiple handles for different departments. Being able to assign post responses between marketing and support, with notes, and resolve them when handled helps us make sure nothing gets overlooked.
  • The ability to create discrete "teams" with associated permissions allows us to give control of our international profiles to those regional team without risking any cross posting.
  • In the publisher view it would be great to be able to add placeholder items with a certain status that wouldn't post it until approved.
  • I would really the ability to track any links and not just the ow.ly shortened links.
HootSuite Enterprise is particularly well suited for companies with multiple handles or profiles for different departments or international audiences. The team features and workflow make it very easy for companies with multiple people monitoring and posting to social media channels to work together seamlessly.
Read Mike Tomita's full review
November 18, 2014

Hootsuite Enterprise Review: "Getting organized"

• Helps organizations keep their social media operations organized. For example, we manage dozens of streams from 15 different teams. It is kind of a mess. But Hootsuite makes sense of it all.
  • It creates easily shared reports to help you track growth and performance.
  • It makes scheduling and posting on social media easier, especially through use of the Hootlet.
  • I wish the reports were a little more robust and allowed more post-post tagging. For example, I wish we could go back and tag several posts then pull them into a report to look at how they did.
  • I wish the follower data was a lot more extensive. If I could afford SocialBro, I would get it. I want to be able to parse my audience more quickly to learn different things about them and also to be able to target messages more precisely.
  • I wish we could schedule shares. Here's what I mean. We have sub-accounts and we schedule posts to them. But I wish I could tell HS to go share that post when it is posted ...
Make sure that, internally, you know who will help you make this a success before you get started. Decide up front how you will organize your teams.
Read Michael Landauer's full review
November 13, 2014

Hootsuite Enterprise Review: "HootSuite as one of the leading Social Media management platforms"

• Effective overview of Social Media environment thanks to the well-developed dashboard and customization options.
  • Good tracking & monitoring capabilities thanks to the simplicity of adding required data (tweet) streams.
  • Easy-to-use communication capabilties. The highly intuitive HootSuite dashboard makes it very easy for users to publish new content, and reply to other users, on various different platforms, e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn.
  • Integrated link shortener.
  • Effective & customized KPI reports that offer good first overview of business performance with an additional option to integrate your Google Analytics account.
  • Competitor analysis could be improved in the future. At the moment, HootSuite is lacking superior capabilities around tracking competitor performance.
  • Access to historical data is rather limited, but this is a common issue for most of the tools in this category.
HootSuite is a social media management system for businesses and organizations, and it does a great job of helping you to effectively manage your social media presence across different platforms, and develop your online community. The tool offers you adequate customization options and strong support. HootSuite is famous for its HootSuite University program that helps you maximize ROI. If you are unsure how to boost and benefit from your social media activity and are considering social media management technology, it is definitely worth signing up for a free trial of the HootSuite platform to see what it can do.
Read Igors Skute's full review
October 07, 2014

User Review: "Hootsuite Enterprise is a big hit!"

HootSuite Enterprise is used everyday at Tourism Jasper and is the core of all of our online interactions. HootSuite Enterprise has assisted our small team at Tourism Jasper be more engaged with visitors and potential visitors. Social Media is the root of our online/digital marketing efforts and HootSuite has allowed us to be an industry leader in the social media landscape.
  • Being able to search through the noise and find relevant conversations happening surrounding Jasper.
  • Managing online/digital campaigns through one easy to use platform.
  • Access to the Hootsuite app directory which allows us to be more engaged with consumers.
  • HootSuites Apps are not available on mobile so if you are working remotely you don't have access. Its not a major problem but it can be a nuisance.
HootSuite Enterprise has been great for connecting our many different teams: media, travel trade and business development as well as our consumer marketing team.
Read Kyle Harms's full review
September 12, 2014

Hootsuite Enterprise Review: "Best in class, but need to focus on ad campaign management"

We are using Hootsuite Entreprise for managing users multiple business lines within the company. Access management to the multiple social networks with different levels of permission is the main issue.
  • Schedule publishing
  • Access management for multiple users
  • Cross platforms analytics
  • Partnership with some major players like LinkedIn
  • Advertising management, with Twitter especially
  • More integration with the apps partner, as part of the integral solution. The optimal use of Hootsuite is still very fragmented.
HootSuite Enterprise is great for multiple users, and multiple social networks accounts. It needs improvement on the ads management side with partners.
Read Philippe Santerre's full review
September 11, 2014

Hootsuite Enterprise Review: "Hootsuite - Social Management made easy"

At Local World we use HootSuite to manage our 400+ social media networks for posting, engagement, social insights and search. All departments have access including editorial, marketing and promotions to ensure that our customer service level is at its premium and that we can manage our brands with ease.
  • The ability to manage multiple social accounts on one screen
  • Quick fire engagement, crisis management and content search
  • Due to our large organisation, group reports have to be done in batches of 20, meaning multiple downloads and copy and pasting
  • Top tweets or conversation based on reach or engagement around a geocode would add to its functionality
If you want a product that gives you complete assurance over brand management then whether you're a small or large business, HootSuite Enterprise is for you. If working with teams across different locations, the ability to assign tasks or jobs to specific teams helps the business delegate appropriately.
Read Scott Hornsby's full review
January 13, 2014

Hootsuite Enterprise Review: "Excellent tool that should be taken advantage of!"

• Hootsuite is great for scheduling social media posts! It makes it much easier for finding all of your content at once and setting it to post at a consistent time.
  • Hootsuite helps keep those people in charge of social media content organized.
  • Hootsuite is a great tool for helping broaden a company's presence on social media because you can manage and schedule your posts on one easy-to-use platform.
  • I have not used Hootsuite in about a year because I no longer work in social media so this problem might be resolved already, but I remember when I was using it that when scheduling Facebook posts, there was no way to tag a specific company or person in the post. If you wanted to tag, say, a restaurant, you could not just put an @ sign before it like if you were actually posting through Facebook. This would be a great improvement if it has not been made already!
Just be aware of what platforms it supports and make sure they fit your needs.
Read Sarah McKagen's full review

Boolean keyword searches (12)
6.4
Filtering out noise/spam (13)
6.0
Sentiment analysis (10)
Broad channel coverage (14)
Content planning and scheduling (16)
Audience targeting (14)
6.3
Content optimization (12)
Workflow management (15)
9.6
Automated routing and prioritization (9)
Customer interaction histories (13)
Bulk actions (16)
Lead generation (10)
Content marketing (13)
Paid media management (7)
Campaigns and promotions (12)
9.2
Instagram (12)
Pinterest (8)
YouTube (9)
6.4
Campaign success analytics (10)
Real-time tracking (11)
Competitor analysis (11)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (16)
Mobile access (15)