Overall Satisfaction with ExpressionEngine
ExpressionEngine is taking care of the day-to-day content input and delivery from several departments within the organization. I recommended ExpressionEngine as an alternate/replacement CMS to my colleagues, and the organization as a whole, due to the need to migrate away from the existing CMS. ExpressionEngine resolved a number of issues, including usability, reliability, and consistency in regards to delivering content accurately, something the previous CMS did not.
- Content is not constrained or controlled by set templates, unlike other CMS.
- Gives you total control over the look and feel. You decide the design direction and what your visitors will see.
- The UI is sublime. It's a pleasure to configure and work with.
- The expandability, flexibility, and customization of the entire system is unsurpassed.
- The only issue I have with ExpressionEngine is the cost of official support.
- The turnaround time of content delivery is increased tenfold.
- Employee satisfaction in working with the CMS has increased due to the user-friendly interface.
- As an admin and developer, I can truly listen to requests for features from colleagues, and accurately provide options and/or feedback on the possibility of implementing the requests.
- The monthly cost of official support can get expensive.
ExpressEngine is suitable for almost all business websites requiring a robust, flexible, and totally scalable CMS. However, It is probably not suitable for basic or small personal blogs or similar.