Overall Satisfaction with Figma
We use Figma at my organization to support client design and service needs for wireframing, prototyping, and conceptualizing features and functionality for enterprise services and web-based applications. Figma as a service has allowed us flexibility, convenience, and speed-to-market with its easy-to-use interface, cross-platform compatibility, and abundant collaboration solutions to make working together—even remote—easier and faster.
- Figma facilities collaboration very well.
- The platform allows for a frame of a reference for deeper conversation to take place.
- Cross-platform support means Macs and PCs can finally work in harmony.
- Some of the auto-layout features seem to have bugs every so often.
- The account management between different Figma spaces doesn't seem super intuitive.
- When navigating to the same work space on different devices, the file name view is not remembered (as that may be a device-specific preference that is not tied to an account preference).
- Figma's ability to allow support across devices has been truly beneficial.
- The ability to work on OR offline is very helpful.
- Supporting a web-based version of the platform has proven very helpful on several occasions.
- Our organization is much more marketable knowing we leverage Figma.
- As it is a cutting-edge service, we have been able to position our organization more effectively for scale with Figma.
- This platform has allowed us more output with consistency and speed than the competition is able to deliver.
I have previously used InVision paired with Sketch, Adobe's XD platform, and other workflow or diagram-based tools as well. Each product or service has its own version of what Figma has, but nothing compares to the ease-of-use, collaboration tools, and future-proof thinking Figma's product team is able to deliver consistently.
Do you think Figma delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Figma's feature set?
Did Figma live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Figma go as expected?
Would you buy Figma again?
For any visual, UX, product, or service designer, Figma is a very helpful tool and I would recommend it to anyone working in these spaces to consider Figma. It helps alleviate pain points other competitors have not figured out yet and their integration with services like JIRA or plugin support is very convenient.