Sketch is my preferred tool to start envisioning the first visual ideas of a digital product, whatever it is. It's perfect for having an idea and visualizing it within a couple of minutes. It's such a versatile tool because it's really great for early explorations of an idea as well as making very accurate prototypes or complete design systems ready for production.
- Having instant preview of a screen design on a mobile device.
- Easily created design systems with nested objects.
- Exporting multiple formats and sizes in one click.
- Editing and creating vector artwork.
- More control over vector editing, handles, curves and points.
- It would be great to see more animation functionalities.
- Being able to create 3D models would be perfect.
Sketch is well suited to create mock-ups which could then be easily turned into real designs, it's also perfectly suited to create final screen designs of websites, apps, mobile websites, Apple Watch apps, anything interactive. It might be not very well suited to create more animation intensive interactive experiences which can required third party plugins. It's also very difficult to work on Sketch with anything which involves video and motion graphics.