InVision is a collaborative design and prototyping platform with features such as freehand drafting mode and interactive mockups, collaboration, idea management, user testing, and integration with Slack and other collaboration tools. According to the vendor, 1 million designers are using the free version.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Sc/oc/RSHJCO7TEBHB.PNGInVision - prototype, communicate, prototype, communicate, developWe are a small team but we work in different locations and different times. Invision is the place where our designer uploads his assets. He also uses it demonstrate screen transitions. We then have a back and forth communication on the UI and UX to see that it meets our business goals which are usually aimed at making the end user happy.,The "Inspect" feature is terrific. The designer doesn't need to come up with css mapping guide. It's automatic! Commenting on top of the assets is super easy and looks good. Working on prototypes saves a lot of development time.,You need to upload complete assets as a page. You can't drag and drop elements to create screens. InVision is focused on designers. That's good, but some focus on non designers (developers, product) would be nice.,9,Time is money. A small number of people working on prototypes saves time for the many other people on different levels on the tech stack and departments that need to be in sync on the product (sales, marketing, QA, etc...) InVision helps you set a clear target for development, which is highly motivating.,Proto.io,IntelliJ WebStorm, Amazon Web Services, SlackInvisionApp with Craft Synch - a MUST for Sketch shopsMy digital agency's design team uses Invision to present designs to clients. The development team occasionally uses "Invision Inspect" to build templates. In the past, we presented designs to clients in one of two ways: A physical print outA PDF sent over emailBoth of these methods are terrible ways to present a design to a client. The physical print out is obviously awful because it is presenting a responsive, digital design as something static. Digital designs should never be shown on paper. PDFs are problematic because even if a client views the PDF in a "natural" digital environment (i.e. their laptop or desktop computer), they're still looking at a static design. We have no control over the sizing or the grid. Using Invision allows us to have more control over the client's viewing experience. It allows us to present our digital designs on a digital medium.,Comments: Invision allows your clients to make comments on a design template. Gone are the days of trying to decipher a client's red-sharpie markup on a printed design. Invision comments are neat and organized, and closely tied to on-page elements. Read comments individually or answer several at once in the "comments" pane. Clients receive responses to their comments via email. Invision Inspect: Invision Inspect is amazing. If you are synching designs to Invision using the Craft or Sketch integrations (which I recommend), all of the CSS and HTML code will be auto-generated by Invision Inspect. Developers can use the Inspect pane to accelerate development Hotspots: With invision, you can create "hotspots" on your design, allowing you to create a very realistic-feeling experience for your clients. Select a button as a hotspot to link it to another page of your design. You can also assign hot spots to anchor link to another position on the existing page. The end result is immersive and allows the client to better understand the relationship between pages of your design. It offers functionality to an otherwise static thing. Mobile: Invision displays mobile mocks inside of a mobile phone template. This adds to the realism and creates a more professional, polished look. You can also lock the header nav or footer on mobile devices to simulate "sticky" elements, which again, really adds a realistic quality. Integrations: Automatically synch your designs directly from Sketch to Invision using the Craft plugin. This is fantastic because it allows your clients to view changes, practically in real-time, without requiring you to login to multiple platforms to make updates,Drains resources: Invision is HEAVY. I can't pull up more than one Invision tab on my laptop or else it will start to crawl. It drains my computer's resources. Ordering screens: While the auto-synch from Craft and/or Sketch is amazing, it's not as good as it could be. I am working on a 200+ screen project with a client. Every time my designer synchs using the Craft plugin, I need to search through Invision to see where it dropped the new or updated screens. It is seemingly random, and very hard to keep track of. I need to audit the organization of screens weekly to make sure everything is where it should be. This is extremely hard to do on a small laptop with a touchpad, since it relies on a drag-and-drop interface, but it's no problem with a mouse. Email overload: The default notification settings will send you an email each time someone leaves a comment on a mock. This is a nightmare for my zen at work - be sure to change the setting to receive a daily or weekly digest instead Responsiveness: Invision hasn't really cracked the secret of displaying responsive designs through a static medium. We typically create desktop and mobile mocks for our website projects. You can't load mocks with different canvas sizes to the same project - they must be uploaded to two separate projects. This is a pain to manage. Ideally, I'd love to be able to resize my screen and show my client how the design "jumps" from desktop to mobile at a particular breakpoint. This is not possible. Intuitiveness: There are some parts of Invision that are incredibly intuitive, and some that aren't. Maybe this is just me, but it took me a year to realizze you could shift+click to select multiple screens for the purposes of re-ordering. There are a few things like that that just didn't feel "natural" to me.,8,Using Invision reduces the number of revisions we have to make on designs for our clients. Previously, when we presented digital designs on paper, clients would suggest a bunch of changes simply because they didn't "get" what they were looking at. We would then either have to make those changes or spend time explaining how things would actually look on a computer. Invision cuts out that back-and-forth Invision allows us to socialize designs to large client teams. We are currently working on a project with 100s of stakeholdeers. Every time we update a design in Sketch, we synch it to Invision. Stakeholders have a permanent link to the Invision project, and can always stay abreast of our changes. This again cuts down on communication time because we don't need to alert clients every time something changes. Invision allows us to appear more professional. Presenting designs on paper or via PDF can come off as a little amateur. Presenting designs in a digital-first platform with enhanced capabilities such as commenting makes us look good.,Marvel,Asana, Balsamiq, TSheetsInVisionI use InVision for all of our UX works. It is used predominantly by our digital team. It helps to develop high fidelity prototypes using hotspots and collaborates with the cross-functional team effectively. InVision provides the advantage of sharing the URL with the ability to access the prototypes in various devices like mobiles, tablets, and laptops.,Drag and drop upload files and file management. Hotspots, Boards, freehand. Collaboration,Fixed left panel - Invision supports fixed headers and footers. Everything is image based -to support another state like hover changes we need to upload another image. Hover functionality for overlay should also support None like fade in, instant.,10,Faster to market. Solid and well-reputed design toolkit. Clients love interactive prototypes through InVision.,Marvel, UXPin and Axure RP,Pega Platform, SketchUp, InVisionMy vision for InVisionAs the UI/UX designer at the company, I work closely with our developers and product managers. In order to provide better prototype which everyone can understand. I decided to use InVison since it was recommended by several other senior designers. I upload all designed interfaces to InVision from Sketch and add notes to help team members understand my design. Developers can find everything they need from InVision.,You can add unlimited commands and notes for just one interface. Seamless integration with Sketch. Automatically generate HTML/CSS code for developers. Easy to show animation and prototypes without coding.,Not valuable for complex prototypes. Lack of responsive features. You have to re-upload the whole interface if you make a minor change to the design.,8,I finally decided to switch to other APP because of the high-price. We still have to purchase other apps since InVision doesn't meet my needs to showing dynamic animation.,Marvel,MarvelInVision ReviewWe utilize InVision for prototyping new designs for presentations and usability testing within several departments.,Easy file upload Intuitive interactions Easy to give and receive feedback Mobile and tablet prototyping Hover states,It would be great if InVision offered an in-app ability to record usability tests,10,Increased user experience,Axure and UXPin,Adobe Illustrator CC, Axure, Keynote Systems
InVision

InVision Reviews

InVision
Filter 77 vetted InVision reviews and ratings
Sagiv Frankel profile photo
November 05, 2018

Review: "InVision - prototype, communicate, prototype, communicate, develop"

• The "Inspect" feature is terrific. The designer doesn't need to come up with css mapping guide. It's automatic!
  • Commenting on top of the assets is super easy and looks good.
  • Working on prototypes saves a lot of development time.
  • You need to upload complete assets as a page. You can't drag and drop elements to create screens.
  • InVision is focused on designers. That's good, but some focus on non designers (developers, product) would be nice.
If your have designers working with product or do the product from the start of each feature InVision is great for you.
If your product does a lot of work prior to the designer coming in Proto.io would be a better solution.
InVision is great for communications so it's great for big teams. Even more when working on different times and locations. Products that don't have many pages and interactions don't have much to benefit for InVision.
Read Sagiv Frankel's full review
Elizabeth Coppinger profile photo
May 29, 2018

Review: "InvisionApp with Craft Synch - a MUST for Sketch shops"

1. A physical print out
  2. A PDF sent over email

• Comments: Invision allows your clients to make comments on a design template. Gone are the days of trying to decipher a client's red-sharpie markup on a printed design. Invision comments are neat and organized, and closely tied to on-page elements. Read comments individually or answer several at once in the "comments" pane. Clients receive responses to their comments via email.
  • Invision Inspect: Invision Inspect is amazing. If you are synching designs to Invision using the Craft or Sketch integrations (which I recommend), all of the CSS and HTML code will be auto-generated by Invision Inspect. Developers can use the Inspect pane to accelerate development
  • Hotspots: With invision, you can create "hotspots" on your design, allowing you to create a very realistic-feeling experience for your clients. Select a button as a hotspot to link it to another page of your design. You can also assign hot spots to anchor link to another position on the existing page. The end result is immersive and allows the client to better understand the relationship between pages of your design. It offers functionality to an otherwise static thing.
  • Mobile: Invision displays mobile mocks inside of a mobile phone template. This adds to the realism and creates a more professional, polished look. You can also lock the header nav or footer on mobile devices to simulate "sticky" elements, which again, really adds a realistic quality.
  • Integrations: Automatically synch your designs directly from Sketch to Invision using the Craft plugin. This is fantastic because it allows your clients to view changes, practically in real-time, without requiring you to login to multiple platforms to make updates
  • Drains resources: Invision is HEAVY. I can't pull up more than one Invision tab on my laptop or else it will start to crawl. It drains my computer's resources.
  • Ordering screens: While the auto-synch from Craft and/or Sketch is amazing, it's not as good as it could be. I am working on a 200+ screen project with a client. Every time my designer synchs using the Craft plugin, I need to search through Invision to see where it dropped the new or updated screens. It is seemingly random, and very hard to keep track of. I need to audit the organization of screens weekly to make sure everything is where it should be. This is extremely hard to do on a small laptop with a touchpad, since it relies on a drag-and-drop interface, but it's no problem with a mouse.
  • Email overload: The default notification settings will send you an email each time someone leaves a comment on a mock. This is a nightmare for my zen at work - be sure to change the setting to receive a daily or weekly digest instead
  • Responsiveness: Invision hasn't really cracked the secret of displaying responsive designs through a static medium. We typically create desktop and mobile mocks for our website projects. You can't load mocks with different canvas sizes to the same project - they must be uploaded to two separate projects. This is a pain to manage. Ideally, I'd love to be able to resize my screen and show my client how the design "jumps" from desktop to mobile at a particular breakpoint. This is not possible.
  • Intuitiveness: There are some parts of Invision that are incredibly intuitive, and some that aren't. Maybe this is just me, but it took me a year to realizze you could shift+click to select multiple screens for the purposes of re-ordering. There are a few things like that that just didn't feel "natural" to me.
I don't think there are any other tools out there that are as successful as Invision when it comes to presenting designs to clients. I think this tool is a must for any organization that frequently presents digital designs to clients. It's simply not tenable to present a digital design on a printed medium. Invision can be a little pricey, so if you produce less than 5 projects per year it may not be necessary, but any more than that I would say it's a must.
Read Elizabeth Coppinger's full review
August 01, 2018

User Review: "InVision"

• Drag and drop upload files and file management.
  • Hotspots, Boards, freehand.
  • Collaboration
  • Fixed left panel - InVision supports fixed headers and footers.
  • Everything is image based -to support another state like hover changes we need to upload another image.
  • Hover functionality for overlay should also support None like fade in, instant.
InVision is a super cool design tool well used and reputed in the industry. It supports quick and interactive prototype creation. It provides freehand to scribble concepts using the alt key. Boards are powerful to store and share assets. The collaboration feature in InVision is really cool and supports larger team to work together in the project.
May 26, 2018

User Review: "My vision for InVision"

• You can add unlimited commands and notes for just one interface.
  • Seamless integration with Sketch.
  • Automatically generate HTML/CSS code for developers.
  • Easy to show animation and prototypes without coding.
  • Not valuable for complex prototypes.
  • Lack of responsive features.
  • You have to re-upload the whole interface if you make a minor change to the design.
InVision only provides basic transaction between different interfaces. If you want to show dynamic animation, you still have to use other tools like Principle, Framer etc. Since Sketch just added "Link to Artboard" function, I hope InVision can automatically sync the link after we upload the files from Sketch.
May 30, 2018

"InVision Review"

• Easy file upload
  • Intuitive interactions
  • Easy to give and receive feedback
  • Mobile and tablet prototyping
  • Hover states
  • It would be great if InVision offered an in-app ability to record usability tests
Rapid prototyping
Communication across members
Trent Sherrell profile photo
April 02, 2018

Review: "InVision - a game-changer for distributed teams"

At CareerBuilder, we use Invision to build and share prototypes between the UX department and dev and product. Within Invision, stakeholders are able to make comments and track how work is progressing. The new freehand tool allows us to do real-time "whiteboard" sketching as well. This has increased our ability to work as a distributed team across several physical locations.
  • Ease of prototype building. It is great to be able to quickly show stakeholders how a series of screens function together rather than relying solely on flat images.
  • Shared links and comments. Invision allows team members and stakeholders to collaborate no matter the location or time zone.
  • Freehand sketching is a powerful tool that allows real-time collaboration across multiple locations.
  • Invision is great for linear prototyping. When it comes to more complicated needs, Invision becomes less valuable.
  • Invision's pricing model can become expensive quickly - beware of having too many reviewers.
InVision has been a great tool for producing and sharing quick, linear, prototypes. It has allowed us to collaborate in a productive manner across multiple locations and time zones. Built-in commenting and redlining has caused devs and product owners to insist on being able to access work within InVision. When prototyping needs become more complicated and usability testing more accurate - we have had to move to different tools.
Read Trent Sherrell's full review
February 01, 2018

InVision Review: "Reliable and easy but is getting more complex"

I currently support users using invision through my role as a specialist. I have found myself not even as a designer that invision is really easy to use. It is a tool for all. The interface is pretty easy to figure out for the basics, but if you want to do anything more complex, it's getting pretty complicated. Sharing prototypes both internally and externally have proven immensely useful and with the password feature makes it very secure for those organisations that are security conscious.
  • Ability to add gif elements to prototype micro-interactions
  • Ability to automatically upload screens from both Photoshop and Sketch
  • Good support system for collecting feedback
  • Intuitive web displays and easy to learn and pick up
  • Limited customer support services for those complex issues
  • Can be a bit buggy in places and there are alternatives on the market if you find this in what your tying to do
  • Some of the advance features are a bit hard and overwhelming to use
InVision is an indispensable tool. I like that you're allowed one prototype for free so you can try it out first to ensure it is suited for you. Invision is great for those working in teams and makes it really easy to collaborate. Check out Marvel first. I like that tool better, but my company already has a license with Invision. If you need something flexible to work across not only your design team but other parts of the organization, InVision is an easy choice because it's user-friendly from the sharing perspective. The user perspective is relatively easy to use, and it supports multiple sizes for screens.
February 01, 2018

Review: "Invision the future vision for prototypes"

I used invision over the last few years in my role as a product designer. We use it for quality purposes. It allows us to make designs which are fully detailed. This is because of the amount of control I have when using invision. As a designer control is key and its easy user interface makes it possible for me to really go into the depth of the design and make sure every aspect is covered.
  • User control
  • Real time to do lists
  • Hover state
  • Live share
  • PDF support
  • Image support
  • No responsive features
  • Wireframe support
Invision is well suited for using ready-made designs as a starting point. I feel that the support is lacking in the software to create wireframes so I would use an alternate for that. However, my work was mainly modifying the current designs. The interface is good for non-technical people however as it is very clean and very straightforward and they don’t need to be a computer scientist. This is backed up by a sound overall support for the system.
Kirk Brote profile photo
September 06, 2017

Review: "InVision - the right tool for quick and simple prototyping"

InVision is used across all of our design teams: marketing, innovation, and product experience, to rapidly prototype functionality for users or to be used as an example of what a specific customer need or solution experience would be. It is very easy to use and ramp up new designers on, unlike other far more complex prototyping tools.
  • Standard prototyping using images and hot spots to control interactions.
  • The ability to add .gif elements to prototype micro-interactions.
  • The ability to organize workflow and review steps across teams.
  • The ability to use inspect to communicate with developers instead of creating hundreds of 'red-line' images to explain spacing, etc...
  • There is no ability to add dynamic data, from a json or other data file.
  • Large prototypes can get somewhat flaky with hot spots not rendering or not functioning.
  • There is no ability to add dynamic navigation to user paths.
InVision excels on simple prototypes. Basic functionality, mobile or web, is easy to mock up and easy for users to interact with. The projects are easy to share and distribute, even for offline usage. For simple through complex end user testing or validation of functionality InVision is an excellent fit for the task.
Read Kirk Brote's full review
Stephanie Martin profile photo
June 19, 2017

InVision Review: "Prototyping Made Easy"

Everyone on my team (of UI designers) used InVision to create high-fidelity working prototypes, as well as many of those who are working in the UX department. It's the easiest and best way we have found to present to our clients how their finished product or products will look once going live. It also solves the problem of making edits when you are working with remote employees. Since InVision has the ability to leave comments, we know longer have to sift through emails about different changes to make, everything is done smoothly and in once place.
  • Version control is very simple to use and well laid out, and you don't need multiple files.
  • You can show your clients how their product will look on a variety of different devices, such as mobile.
  • Besides just moving between pages, there are options for things like a fixed navbar and linking to hotspots within the current page.
  • You can automatically upload screens from both Photoshop and Sketch.
  • There could be a few more options for interactions, such as image carousels, link/image hovering, and page transitions.
  • It would be nice to be able to upload from Illustrator, or other Adobe software.
InVision is great for communicating UX/UI design ideas to team members and especially to clients. It's really great working remotely; my UI team was able to show a clickable prototype to a client who was on vacation in another state using InVision.
Read Stephanie Martin's full review
David Fein profile photo
February 15, 2017

User Review: "My experience with Invision"

InVision is being used by the product team to help build interactive prototyping for certain design flows. We also hope to use it going forward for user testing to get feedback on potential designs. It helps to address problems faced when presenting complex design flows and interactions that otherwise would be difficult to understand with just static pages.
  • InVision integrates with a lot of tools like Sketch where you can just drop the file in and have screens to work with.
  • InVision has lots of customization so you can set up flows for different devices.
  • It's relatively easy to use.
  • The hotspot templates are a bit hit or miss - sometimes the spot will be linked across all my pages while other times it will appear in bizarre areas of the page - I tend to have to manually make custom hotspots instead.
  • Some of the advanced prototyping features are a bit overwhelming to use, like adding forms, it would be nice to have some tutorials on those.
It's well suited to create clickable prototypes using design files you've already made. It's not well suited to make new designs. It's also good for sharing out the prototype using a link, but not necessarily a standalone fix for gathering feedback from users and internal stakeholders.
Read David Fein's full review
Prateek Gaurav profile photo
May 12, 2016

Review: "Prototyping?? (Nothing is better than InVision)"

I am a freelance web developer on upwork and Freelancer. I use this prototyping tool all the time before starting to code, just to give the exact idea of the website, and what it is going to look like after it’s done. And InVision is a great tool for that, it helps me give the exact prototype I wish to my client which helps me a lot. There is no need to change the codes again if the client does not like their website. I started using this prototyping tool about 1 year ago and it helped me a lot. The biggest and the most annoying problem was, the client was happy with the psd but not very happy with the website. There used to be many changes done after completing the website, and that problem has been reduced by 95% for me, since I started using InVision. I love this tool.
  • I love the comment option in InVision. It's an awesome thing for a freelancer developer. I just make the prototype, send it to the client, mostly he loves it. If there is anything he wants me to change, he puts a comment on that particular area on the page. So you have 30 pages, the client puts the comment on changes required area and you change them accordingly. It might seem basic but it's really useful.
  • The History Mode is an awesome thing in InVision. It's like git to me, it keeps a track of all the previous changes I made and all the comments which were added. It helps me check if I have fulfilled all the comments and changes asked by the client.
  • And Live Share is the best thing - it helps the client get the exact idea of what the website is gonna look like once it is completed.
  • It's not free. I mean you can only work on one project with a free account and of course you don't just have one project to work on.
  • It takes some time to get a hang of the tool. I mean you really need to understand the tool; it took me like 2-3 hours to understand most of the basic features, but keep experimenting, that's life.
Well suited for: Almost everything. You need a prototype for the mobile app.
Less appropriate for: I don't really find anything for which InVision is not appropriate.
Read Prateek Gaurav's full review
Serge Andreyev profile photo
March 09, 2016

"Review of InVisionApp by UX Designer"

We (UX Design department (7 people)) @ Penton http://www.penton.com/ use invision to present our work to various brands under the Penton umbrella.

It allows us to work with remote teams around the world. It allows us to present clickable prototypes. It helps work through user flow and interactions.
  • Allowing to build an interactive (clickable prototype) is an extremely valuable resource when building a digital product. We can fine tune all interactions and behaviors prior to going into development process. Invision prototype is also valuable while explaining behaviors to the development team.
  • Commenting is also useful if a product team desires to leave feedback. Comments are all in a centralized place and not scattered among many emails.
  • One thing that I have struggled with is making an element react to both roll over and click. I have to select two areas over and near an element to highlight both actions. If invision team can find a solution for that, it would be valuable
  • A bit more animations for transitions between pages could be helpful. Slow fade for example.
  • It would be nice if invision could accommodate presentations for responsive websites. At the moment you select the device for your comps and build a presentation for specific device. If you are presenting a responsive website you need to jump between projects and it is not always convenient.
InVision is excellent for presentation of your work to clients. It is very good for walking a team of developers through interactions and behaviors as well as user-flows. It is not very convenient if you need to present or walk someone through designs for a responsive website. You need to jump through different projects in invision and it is not at all convenient.
Read Serge Andreyev's full review
Steve Surya profile photo
June 21, 2016

Review: "Invision improved collaboration with customers"

Invision is used by our design team. Our design team design graphical layout of the website. We share the designs via Invision with our clients. Invision helps sharing the designs and also allow customers to make comments on the designs.
So as of now it is mainly being used by our design team only.
  • Invision helps to share the designs with our customers. It's easy to share and discuss with others via Invision.
  • Invision allows users to make comments on the designs. Customers make comments as needed.
  • Uploading graphics on Invision are very easy. We can easily add new designs to Invision.
  • I would like Invision to have features to add wire-frame designs. I use another tool as of n ow for Wire-framing but If Invision can provide controls for wire-framing, it would be great.
  • If Invision can also provides a few options to make minor graphic change within Invision app, it would be great as well.
It is best to show design mock-ups to customers when designing the website. It has helped our team a lot with creating the designs. It also helps to share our design portfolio to other prospects.
Invision also helps by allowing comments from customers. It helps us get feedback on our designs from customers and we improve designs accordingly.
Read Steve Surya's full review
Mina Rebecca Yaghoubzadeh profile photo
March 12, 2016

User Review: "My vision for Invision"

Invision was used among myself and my classmates at General Assembly's UX design immersive course. The only problems I have had with it is that you don't have the option to create carousels, and add on/off interactions (tapping something, it changing color, and then tapping it again to go back to the original color). Otherwise, for simple prototypes, it is a really good tool to use. I use InVision and Proto.io- I don't like using Proto.io but it does have more features that make a prototype more realistic, like the carousel option. If InVision had that, I would definitely choose InVision over Proto.io.
  • Prototyping
  • Missing on/off interactions
  • Missing carousel options
Read Mina Rebecca Yaghoubzadeh's full review
March 18, 2016

InVision Review: "Quick and dirty"

Invision is used amongst our design team. It offers a quick and easy way to manage our prototypes and to share them with clients. We normally use invision clickthroughs to either show workflows to the development team, or provide to clients when we conduct usability tests. I know of other areas in the organization using invision, but we don't work super closely with other teams at the moment. We also use it to catalogue past projects in a more usable way than a bunch of balsamiq lo-fi's.
  • Easy to add files
  • Easy to modify files
  • Easy to share files
  • Intuitive options (hide click hints) etc.
  • It would be nice if there were more interactions
  • It would be nice if there were otherways to link the data, other software allows you to drag arrows between them.
  • It would be nice if there were more ways to organize your prototypes /archive them.
Invision is really good for simple clickthrough prototypes. It fails if you want to display interaction -- pixate and flinto are better for those. Most of the time though a simple clickthrough is all that's needed to convey a workflow. However, if you want a more robust and hands on usability test, Axure is still the strongest choice.
March 12, 2016

"Invision Review"

We, the design team, use InVision to mock-up website design for user testing and communicating with developers our user flow, visual design, and interaction design. We work with designers and developers all around the world. InVision allows us to share remotely and communicate in different time zones. For example, someone in America could review the designs and couple hours later have someone in Asia working on those adjustments.
  • Invision lets me add hotspots to move between screens quickly and build templates. When syncing the top nav bar, I like repeating the template instead of building from scratch.
  • Invision communicates comments well - the email notification follow-up allows me to keep track of new updates.
  • Invision shows different interactions on desktop such as overlay, hovers, and scrolling features. This helps communicate the design idea best to developers.
  • Invision could work better with scalability. We place everything on Invision, once I have about 200 screens up it moves incredibly slow.
  • Invision allows for automatic import from Photoshop and Sketch, could we get that for Adobe Illustrator?
  • One new idea would allow hotspots to automatically detect the item they are linked to, so if a button gets moved, the hotspot moves with it.
InVision works well for communicating the design with developers and user testing. However, it doesn't work well for low fidelity testing such as wireframes. When using InVision for low fidelity user testing, the user expected a high fidelity website since they were used to seeing it on the computer. They focused more on the display method than the user flow.
March 11, 2016

Review: "Envisioning the Future of App Development with InVision"

As designers, we use InVision to quickly and easily share product mockups with other teams and departments within our company. InVision allows us to iterate quickly on designs and get feedback directly within the app. Once our designs are approved and user tested, we share the InVision project with the Engineers and they use it to begin coding the application.
  • InVision allows us to sync the Sketch files we're working on locally so that when we make changes the InVision prototype is automatically updated. The saves us time by not having to export every individual screen any time we want to update the prototype.
  • The ability for us to create clickable prototypes is essential. InVision has a great build mode that is incredibly easy to use and allows us to add navigation and transitions quickly to our application prototypes.
  • InVision's comment mode is also key to how we work. By allowing stakeholders to comment on specific areas of the design we can quickly make changes and ensure that we are building the best product for our customers.
  • It would nice to be able to compare different versions of our prototype screens. There is a history feature already in InVision where we can see older versions of a screen, but it would be nice to be able to view multiple screens side by side for comparisons.
  • I'm having a hard time coming up with anything else. InVision does what we need it do. It does a lot more too, we just have had a need to utilize its full functionality at this point.
We design and build web and mobile applications. InVision seems to be a perfect fit for those scenarios.

InVision Scorecard Summary