Overall Satisfaction with FireMon
The reason I rate FireMon so high overall because the support that this application provides me to accomplish my work is really solid. Anytime I've run into an issue using FireMon the support team was quick to respond and remediate the problem. Additionally, this tool is very user-friendly compared to other applications that are competitors to FireMon. The training that was provided to learn how to use FireMon was thorough and helpful in acquainting me with this application.
FireMon Security Manager is being used within my organization for several purposes. I specifically utilize FireMon 8 in order to gain long-term information about the traffic hitting the firewalls within the network. The reports that I'm able to run using FireMon 8 give allow me to better analyze the firewalls in order to remediate rules within the firewalls.
- Provides well organized, easy to read reports such as rule usage and object usage.
- Provides ability to quickly run a query to identify where particular objects are being used.
- Logging of firewalls over time gives long-term status on rule use on the firewalls.
- Learning how to write syntax to query information was difficult.
- Difficult to rely solely on the results from queries run in FireMon. I have seen different results from FireMon and what is on the firewall using another tool and FireMon was inaccurate.
- Logging stops or malfunctions on FireMon.
- Using FireMon for decommissioning servers has enabled my team a 100% success rate (zero outages).
- My team daily relies on FireMon in order to accomplish work for the organization.
- The quick response time from queries/reports run using FireMon cut research time by 40%.
Once I learned how to properly query within FireMon, I found FireMon to be an easier application to use and provided more detailed information than that of the other security products used. My organization invested in FireMon and moved away from using the other two security applications, therefore I was required to begin using FireMon but am glad that this change occurred.
FireMon Security Manager is well suited for anyone who is working within security, remediation, or architecture for their company's network. FireMon's report library enables the user to run reports in order to analyse, change, check compliance and health check, and usage for environment. It quickly identifies rules that can be/need to be cleaned up within the environment, particularly rules that are disabled or need description.