January 20, 2017
Score 9 out of 10
- Security Manager
Overall Satisfaction with FireMon Security Manager
FireMon technical support is awesome! They respond quickly to our requests and they are well trained and very knowledgeable about the tool. Some issues have to be referred to the development team, but technical support largely provides solutions for any issues that we may have.
FireMon Security Manager is currently utilized for change management across all of our firewall systems. The reporting and assessment facilities also provide essential information to assist us with ensuring our firewall environment is at its most efficient. FireMon is utilized by the security and network management teams in our organization.
- Security Manager provides a graphical map of your infrastructure and allows you to do a path analysis through the firewall infrastructure.
- Security Manager allows you to view every change made on the specified device. This includes the day, date, time, and user who made the change. You can drill down to detailed information concerning exactly what the change was.
- Security Manager allows you to view all firewall policies including Security Rules, Objects, NAT Rules and more.
- While FireMon provides great reports, the reports that we utilize often can not be edited. We would like to see the reports in an editable format allowing us to remove content that is not relevant or add relevant content to the report for presentation to management.
- A recent change was made in a update to Security Manager that caused problems with the LDAP authentication of users. This change was not adequately communicated to us before the update and took several sessions with Technical Support to correct. A better job of updating the customer of major changes is required.
- We have nearly eliminated any unauthorized or unnecessary changes on the firewall platforms through implementation of a sound change management strategy that uses FireMon as the auditing platform.
- We are cleaning up our firewalls through the elimination of redundant and shadow rules along with unused rules.
- We have experienced a significant reduction in man hours required to monitor our firewall platforms, provide reporting, and assess each platform for compliance.