Comprehensive firewall management tool review.https://www.trustradius.com/firewall-security-managementFireMonUnspecified7.8561012017-01-17T23:22:51.876Z
January 17, 2017
Comprehensive firewall management tool review.
Score 8 out of 101
- Security Manager
Overall Satisfaction with FireMon Security Manager
I am very pleased with FireMon support. They have always been very helpful. The multiple times I have had to request support they were very quick to respond, knowledgeable about the issue I was having and able to help me resolve the problem expeditiously. This included a follow up message and the ability to re-open a ticket if need be rather than opening a new request.
FireMon Security Manager is used to monitor our internal firewall usage, daily firewall changes, and is also used for firewall report creation. It is currently used just by the information technology department, although it is used by various users including technicians, administrators, and analysts. FireMon Security Manager helps the business comply with payment card industry data security standard compliance.
- Real-Time email alerting for firewall changes and the availability to review the new configuration and the previous one side by side is one of FireMon Security Manager’s strengths.
- Easy to read Overview Dashboard provides at a glance report charts of the Top 5 devices including control failures, firewall rule complexity and rules available for removal.
- The interactive network topology device mapping feature clearly shows network segments, firewall locations and external access points with the ability to access firewall rules with one click.
- The out of the box reporting is a nice feature, but the ability to build customized report with a report "wizard" would be an added benefit.
- FireMon has proved a positive impact on Return on Investment by having the ability to review firewall rules based on risk. High risk rules can be given a higher priority for review and revision.
- Real time firewall rule monitoring provides a sense of security insuring firewall are appropriate and approved.
FireMon security manager is well suited for a dynamic environment that includes firewalls from multiple types of manufacturers with a large amount of firewall changes. It has the ability to monitor Check Point, Cisco, Fortinet, Palo Alto and many more firewalls. It would be less suited for small networks that have very few firewalls and do not have many rule changes.