Overall Satisfaction with Fleetsmith
Fleetsmith is our default MDM solution for our entire set of Macbooks and Apple devices. As a company focused on flexibility in the workplace, having a solution that worked well with a remote, part-time, and location diverse set of employees was critical to our success. We work with large Fortune 500 companies that need guarantees on safety and security that Fleetsmith helps orchestrate for us.
- Very simple to roll out.
- Customer service is fast and top notch.
- Takes customer recommendations on features seriously.
- Simplicity of the interface means some feature options aren't as clearly defined as they could be.
- User profiles vs device profiles can be confusing.
- No "master view" of profile setups.
- Can't duplicate a profile or set of applications (yet).
- It has saved countless hours on MDM provisioning and setup.
- It has given us simple policies that we can easily screenshot and share with security audit professionals.
It's very simple to use. Sometimes a little too simple, so it can be tempting to fiddle around or tweaks settings that might have annoying downstream impacts. But it's easy to rollback or disable changes anyway. My only wish is that each option set should have its own deeper explanation about the impact of the options on real-world users or security concerns.
For any Apple-based small-to-mid-size business, Fleetsmith is my go-to recommendation. Not sure if the interface will scale well with 300+ devices or users, so larger 100+ person organizations might want to investigate more thoroughly. Fleetsmith's team will always take feedback and answer questions, so if you're on the fence - definitely give it a go.