Overall Satisfaction with Freshteam
We selected Freshteam as our applicant tracking system to help us with recruitment and hiring. The system is designed to make it easy to move applicants from stage to stage, with some built-in automation to allow for more efficient screening and hiring. We typically had about 1 - 6 roles open at any one time.
- Automation: setting up automatic update emails for candidates.
- Easy view into applicants by stage.
- Ability to set up a professional-looking career page.
- User experience - most people at our company were extremely confused by Freshteam and I frequently struggled with the same task (i.e. adding users).
- Tracking applicant diversity - we ended up using Typeform to supplement Freshteam.
- Analytics - hard to use and not particularly useful.
- Support for small startup without dedicated HR (positive).
- Professional career page.
- Easy view into applicant progress.
Freshteam is less expensive than other ATSs - although it has less functionalist as well, it does a lot of things well, especially for the price. I think it has good value as long as a company is willing to invest the time in understanding how it works and augmenting the features that are missing with other products.
Do you think Freshteam delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Freshteam's feature set?
Did Freshteam live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Freshteam go as expected?
Would you buy Freshteam again?
Freshteam is much less expensive than other ATSs - we've recently switched to Greenhouse which is more than ten times as expensive. It seems like a good starter ATS for small startups and the automation may be useful for teams without dedicated HR support. I suspect that many companies will grow out of it the way we did.