Greenhouse is an applicant tracking and recruiting solution that includes a comprehensive recruiting performance improvement system. Some key features include: Applicant Scorecard, Interview Kits and Robust Analytics.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/IA/7k/G63RWTC2TM51.jpegGreat ATS software that will help you streamline your recruiting practicesGreenhouse is currently being used across my organization by our U.S. based team to help us fill positions in RD, CS, Deployment and Analytics. We are a start up com[any that is growing rapidly and do not have a department solely dedicated to recruiting but as we grow, we found the need to be more organized and have a better process for recruiting and hiring. Greenhouse has helped us be more organized, keep better track of applicants and share interview feedback amongst members of our organization.,This is a great collaboration tool. Makes it very easy for my manager to assign an interview to me and provide me with the interview kit that I need, share the candidate's resume and it is also very simple for me to submit feedback after the interview has taken place. I can also tag a coworker in my notes which is very useful for us because we do group interviews and this way I can simply tag my fellow interviewer on the notes to let our manager know that we are both in agreement regarding the candidate's feedback. I love the Dashboard feature, has all of my upcoming interviews in one place. I can also refer someone for any open positions right there by clicking on add referral. I can connect a job posting to my LinkedInn or create a link I can send to a possible applicant directly. Makes it easy to stay Organized and share any open positions with my connections on social media.,Once I submitted a Scorecard for a candidate after an interview, I had a hard time finding that scorecard again in order to make an edit. I would like to have an option to view scorecard written by me on my dashboard. I wish the software's setup provided more of a structure to help small companies that may not have a fully cooked HR department yet with guidance and guidelines on how to conduct a thorough candidate review and a bias free interview. There are other HR/recruiting software out there that helps its customers by providing best practices in performance reviews and recruiting that are reflected in the tools design and functionality. Great product but minimal support past sales and onboarding and the high cost can be a hard sell for small companies.,9,Our interview process is more structure and we can keep better track of applicants and where they are in the hiring process. We are more confident in our recruiting decisions. We are filling positions much faster than before.,BambooHR,JIRA Software, Workplace by Facebook, BlueJeans, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), G Suite, WrikeGreat for Managing and Tracking Employee ReferralsWe use Greenhouse to manage and track employee referrals. I've used it to refer several colleagues to open positions. We tie the software to our referral bonus program.,It simplifies and organizes the referral process. I don't have to email HR to refer employees anymore. I can track where referrals are in the interview process very easily, so I don't have to ask anyone about the status of a referral (which can sometimes be awkward if a friend isn't moving forward for whatever reason). It's a great way to organize pre-interview tests (like writing or skills tests) and we can access and grade documents easily.,There could be better functionality for explaining why referrals didn't get through. For example, a potential employee that chose not to take the job would be marked as "rejected" even if that wasn't the case.,9,I work at a fast-growing PR agency and we are always hiring for positions. It's often difficult to find good candidates for our niche field, and employee referrals are often the best way to get good candidates that fit within our culture. This makes it much easier to refer employees, especially when there are so many open positions.,TrelloGreenhouse is the best ATS!We use Greenhouse as our Applicant Tracking System ( ATS) in our Talent Acquisition Department. Greenhouse helps with the overall recruiting process. It does help with onboarding but we don't use that particular function for our needs. The main business problem Greenhouse addresses is helping keep the interview process organized from start to finish. It is a one stop system where you can do the following: Job Postings: easily post jobs to your career site with one clickCollect candidate feedback/Evaluation forms in a timely manner with auto generated emailsGenerate customized reports of candidates that can be exported to google docs or excelTrack candidates in various interview stagesAbility to create a specialized interview plan for various jobsGreenhouse has a number of integrations with many other companies so it really helps streamline certain processes. I use Linkedin Talent and Entelo to source candidates. There is an integration of these platforms with Greenhouse so I'm easily able to import candidate profiles/data with one click into Greenhouse! It really helps make my life easier and I'm able to spend more time sourcing vs manually uploading and entering info.,Interview scheduling. Greenhouse makes it easy for recruiting coordinators to schedule interviews for candidates. Greenhouse integrates with your google calendar and has an integration even with outlook calendar. When scheduling, you can see in Greenhouse itself when an interviewer is available or not. Therefore, you do not need to go back and forth from Google calendar and then greenhouse. With the "schedule all" feature, you are also able to schedule multiple interviews. This really helps in scheduling interviews fast and in a timely manner. Reporting. Greenhouse lets you create customized reports. I've created reports ranging from sources of candidate hire, employee referrals, time to fill for certain positions. There's also a set of created reports that Greenhouse provides. The best part of Greenhouse's reporting capabilities is the fact that with one click you can easily export to google docs or excel. I've had issues with other ATS's that I've used in the past where a report would take hours to generate. With greenhouse, a report is generated in seconds. Greenhouse Support. I have to say Greenhouse support is world class. No phone calls or being put on hold for hours. Instead there is a support chat button and you are able to connect with a representative really fast. I'm able to get a problem solved faster since the reps are really well-trained. There is no back and forth. Candidate Feedback/ Notifications. Greenhouse enables you to customize on who you want to receive candidate evaluation feedback. I am able to add on an hiring manager to evaluation notifications or another key interviewer. When an evaluation form or scorecard as Greenhouse calls is filled out, I get an email with the feedback. This is great when I'm traveling and I'm unable to check in greenhouse itself. Instead, I can check my email and see the info accordingly. I also like the fact that you can customize the evaluation form with detailed requirements. There is even the ability to set the evaluation forms to private so the interview team cannot view it. We set it private as this helps prevent interview bias.,When you first get greenhouse, it does take time to set up. Greenhouse could help to provide a smoother transition in the beginning. The mobile app has some glitches and there's been times it has froze on me. I think it could be improved upon. There is a sharing jobs to social media function where you can easily post automated job postings to your linkedin, facebook, twitter. I'd like to have Greenhouse be able to tell me which of our employees consistently post the most job postings to their social media.,10,Helped with candidate metrics and reporting. We are able to see where the majority of our candidates apply from and the time to fill for various positions. It provided accurate data that helped us determine our recruiting strategy for certain roles. Helped increase productivity. I am able to spend more time and energy into sourcing and less time manually uploading candidate data. In the early years of my career, I'd block out a chunk of time to input data and keep records of candidate info. I would loose time to source qualified candidates. Greenhouse has helped me be able to spend the time where I want it to be spent: Sourcing. Helped with creating a great interview plan. We are able to make sure we create the right interview plan or sequence for our technical roles. One size does not fit all and Greenhouse gives us the capability of making sure we can set the right interviews in place.,Jobvite,LinkedIn Talent, HireRight, EnteloGreenhouse has too much process for a smaller company. Should not be used for under 100 employeesGreenhouse is our only ATS right now. The only people who use Greenhouse is our recruiting team. Not the entire company.,Greenhouse is a great tool for company wide use (referral programs, and sharing specific jobs on social media) Greenhouse is a great tool for companies that have a long recruiting process,I don't believe that Greenhouse is a tool that is great for startups or companies under 100 people. We feel that greenhouse actually slowed our recruiting process down in that there are a lot of extra processes in place that are not relevant to smaller companies. Greenhouse is expensive, and there are basic functions that cost extra. For example if you want to categorize candidates that you might not be able to hire today, but may have a role in the future that is relevant- you would have to pay extra for a "CRM" for the ability to keep these candidates in the "candidate pool" Greenhouse's onboarding process was very difficult to navigate. It is like "self teach" and then feel free to ask questions. To get each candidate into greenhouse you have to save the resume, upload it, and then add various fields. So it is not a quick parse. There is an option to forward an email into greenhouse that has a resume attached to it but more often then not the parse does not work AND each job has its own email address. So if we are recruiting for 20 different jobs, I need to keep a list of emails to forward resumes to. You have to assign a job to each candidate. So if someone applies and is not relevant to a specific job there is no place for them in Greenhouse. This makes it challenging to collect resumes for a later date or compare resumes that we may have already collected to the ones 3rd party recruiters send in.,2,Greenhouse has slowed our process down, and requires us to check several places for resumes since they can not all be stored in Greenhouse. Greenhouse is an expensive tool and a small company does would not use all of the tools that are encompassed in the cost. So it is not cost effective for a small company.,Jobvite, Crelate Talent and Bullhorn CRMGreenhouse - best in market!We use Greenhouse as our company wide ATS for all of our departments. It's served as a valuable resource for when candidates apply to keep them organized, alert hiring managers of transitions within jobs and for the approval process to work with leadership. It's used to manage all new candidates, headcount approvals, recruitment analytics, on-boarding.,Candidate Communication - Really easy access to contact and keep conversations with candidates. Sending Assessments - We send all of our assessments through Greenhouse. They can track when they were sent and allow us to add hiring managers who can review and give grades directly. Easy access and interface for hiring managers to use.,We've had some issues with integration from time to time. We switched from google to microsoft and it wasn't as fluent as expected. The reporting could be more fluid not many other negatives outside of those two,10,Improved our overall talent function with improvement in response times Added as a resource for multiple users in the organization to use and be involved in the hiring process Positive ROI for how much stronger it has made our processes,JazzHR,Dropbox Business, BambooHR, TriNet
Greenhouse

Greenhouse Reviews

Greenhouse
Top Rated Award
Filter 83 vetted Greenhouse reviews and ratings

Paula X. Smith profile photo
November 08, 2018

Greenhouse Review: "Great ATS software that will help you streamline your recruiting practices"

• This is a great collaboration tool. Makes it very easy for my manager to assign an interview to me and provide me with the interview kit that I need, share the candidate's resume and it is also very simple for me to submit feedback after the interview has taken place. I can also tag a coworker in my notes which is very useful for us because we do group interviews and this way I can simply tag my fellow interviewer on the notes to let our manager know that we are both in agreement regarding the candidate's feedback.
  • I love the Dashboard feature, has all of my upcoming interviews in one place. I can also refer someone for any open positions right there by clicking on add referral.
  • I can connect a job posting to my LinkedInn or create a link I can send to a possible applicant directly. Makes it easy to stay Organized and share any open positions with my connections on social media.
  • Once I submitted a Scorecard for a candidate after an interview, I had a hard time finding that scorecard again in order to make an edit. I would like to have an option to view scorecard written by me on my dashboard.
  • I wish the software's setup provided more of a structure to help small companies that may not have a fully cooked HR department yet with guidance and guidelines on how to conduct a thorough candidate review and a bias free interview. There are other HR/recruiting software out there that helps its customers by providing best practices in performance reviews and recruiting that are reflected in the tools design and functionality.
  • Great product but minimal support past sales and onboarding and the high cost can be a hard sell for small companies.
I think Greenhouse has the potential to be much more helpful for larger companies, since it is highly customizable. It can really make a difference in organizing recruiting efforts for a large company with various departments and multiple open positions at a time. For smaller companies where there may only be one or 2 openings at a time, the cost of the software may be a little too high to justify a good ROI, but if you are looking to scale, then this is the perfect tool to make sure that you are hiring the right candidates in a more timely manner.
Read Paula X. Smith's full review
Tanner Walters profile photo
November 07, 2018

Greenhouse Review: "Great for Managing and Tracking Employee Referrals"

• It simplifies and organizes the referral process. I don't have to email HR to refer employees anymore.
  • I can track where referrals are in the interview process very easily, so I don't have to ask anyone about the status of a referral (which can sometimes be awkward if a friend isn't moving forward for whatever reason).
  • It's a great way to organize pre-interview tests (like writing or skills tests) and we can access and grade documents easily.
  • There could be better functionality for explaining why referrals didn't get through. For example, a potential employee that chose not to take the job would be marked as "rejected" even if that wasn't the case.
Especially suited for mid-size or larger companies and agencies with an employee referral program. It makes it much easier for employees to add and track referrals without sending a dozen emails to HR.
Read Tanner Walters's full review
Avni Shah profile photo
September 27, 2018

User Review: "Greenhouse is the best ATS!"

• Job Postings: easily post jobs to your career site with one click
  • Collect candidate feedback/Evaluation forms in a timely manner with auto generated emails
  • Generate customized reports of candidates that can be exported to google docs or excel
  • Track candidates in various interview stages
  • Ability to create a specialized interview plan for various jobs
Greenhouse has a number of integrations with many other companies so it really helps streamline certain processes. I use LinkedIn Talent and Entelo to source candidates. There is an integration of these platforms with Greenhouse so I'm easily able to import candidate profiles/data with one click into Greenhouse! It really helps make my life easier and I'm able to spend more time sourcing vs manually uploading and entering info.

• Interview scheduling. Greenhouse makes it easy for recruiting coordinators to schedule interviews for candidates. Greenhouse integrates with your google calendar and has an integration even with outlook calendar. When scheduling, you can see in Greenhouse itself when an interviewer is available or not. Therefore, you do not need to go back and forth from Google calendar and then greenhouse. With the "schedule all" feature, you are also able to schedule multiple interviews. This really helps in scheduling interviews fast and in a timely manner.
  • Reporting. Greenhouse lets you create customized reports. I've created reports ranging from sources of candidate hire, employee referrals, time to fill for certain positions. There's also a set of created reports that Greenhouse provides. The best part of Greenhouse's reporting capabilities is the fact that with one click you can easily export to google docs or excel. I've had issues with other ATS's that I've used in the past where a report would take hours to generate. With greenhouse, a report is generated in seconds.
  • Greenhouse Support. I have to say Greenhouse support is world class. No phone calls or being put on hold for hours. Instead there is a support chat button and you are able to connect with a representative really fast. I'm able to get a problem solved faster since the reps are really well-trained. There is no back and forth.
  • Candidate Feedback/ Notifications. Greenhouse enables you to customize on who you want to receive candidate evaluation feedback. I am able to add on an hiring manager to evaluation notifications or another key interviewer. When an evaluation form or scorecard as Greenhouse calls is filled out, I get an email with the feedback. This is great when I'm traveling and I'm unable to check in greenhouse itself. Instead, I can check my email and see the info accordingly. I also like the fact that you can customize the evaluation form with detailed requirements. There is even the ability to set the evaluation forms to private so the interview team cannot view it. We set it private as this helps prevent interview bias.
  • When you first get greenhouse, it does take time to set up. Greenhouse could help to provide a smoother transition in the beginning.
  • The mobile app has some glitches and there's been times it has froze on me. I think it could be improved upon.
  • There is a sharing jobs to social media function where you can easily post automated job postings to your linkedin, facebook, twitter. I'd like to have Greenhouse be able to tell me which of our employees consistently post the most job postings to their social media.
Greenhouse is well suited in the following scenarios:

If your a growing company, Greenhouse is worth the investment. (Pricing is based upon headcount.) The interface in my opinion is very easy to use and you can easily train interviewers and hiring managers how to use key functions. Greenhouse provides a variety of materials including youtube videos on training.

If your looking for a solid ATS system, Greenhouse is the probably the best one around. I have been in recruiting for over 10 years and used a variety of ATS's but none have the superior functionality as Greenhouse does. I like the fact that greenhouse integrates well with Entelo and LinkedIn Recruiter/Talent. I am able to spend less time manually uploading data and more time with doing what I love: Sourcing!

Regardless of company size, I think Greenhouse can meet the needs of most companies. I do see many startups use it more but it is well suited for most. The automation of greenhouse, the customized reports, the exceptional support, and the fact that it is so easy to use, are the reasons we decided keep using Greenhouse.
Read Avni Shah's full review
Mariam Barnes profile photo
September 07, 2018

Review: "Greenhouse has too much process for a smaller company. Should not be used for under 100 employees"

• Greenhouse is a great tool for company wide use (referral programs, and sharing specific jobs on social media)
  • Greenhouse is a great tool for companies that have a long recruiting process
  • I don't believe that Greenhouse is a tool that is great for startups or companies under 100 people. We feel that greenhouse actually slowed our recruiting process down in that there are a lot of extra processes in place that are not relevant to smaller companies.
  • Greenhouse is expensive, and there are basic functions that cost extra. For example if you want to categorize candidates that you might not be able to hire today, but may have a role in the future that is relevant- you would have to pay extra for a "CRM" for the ability to keep these candidates in the "candidate pool"
  • Greenhouse's onboarding process was very difficult to navigate. It is like "self teach" and then feel free to ask questions.
  • To get each candidate into greenhouse you have to save the resume, upload it, and then add various fields. So it is not a quick parse. There is an option to forward an email into greenhouse that has a resume attached to it but more often then not the parse does not work AND each job has its own email address. So if we are recruiting for 20 different jobs, I need to keep a list of emails to forward resumes to.
  • You have to assign a job to each candidate. So if someone applies and is not relevant to a specific job there is no place for them in Greenhouse. This makes it challenging to collect resumes for a later date or compare resumes that we may have already collected to the ones 3rd party recruiters send in.
I think Greenhouse is great for large corporate companies where hiring might not be a speedy process. For companies that have a sense of urgency and are doing large volume recruiting, Greenhouse is not the way to go. I feel that Greenhouse should not be pitching this product as a tool for companies that are less than 100 people. The price is not commensurate with the value.
Read Mariam Barnes's full review
Johnathan Moersdorf profile photo
November 18, 2018

User Review: "Greenhouse - best in market!"

• Candidate Communication - Really easy access to contact and keep conversations with candidates.
  • Sending Assessments - We send all of our assessments through Greenhouse. They can track when they were sent and allow us to add hiring managers who can review and give grades directly.
  • Easy access and interface for hiring managers to use.
  • We've had some issues with integration from time to time. We switched from google to microsoft and it wasn't as fluent as expected.
  • The reporting could be more fluid
  • not many other negatives outside of those two
Greenhouse is suited for an organization of 100+ where recruitment is going to be a heavy feature for the business going forward. It is intensive and teaching/learning will take some time but it is definitely the strongest ATS on the market. We've had great success using the software here at FanDuel.
Read Johnathan Moersdorf's full review
Christian Flaten profile photo
November 16, 2018

Greenhouse Review: "Fosters a Culture of Growth"

Our recruiting team primarily uses Greenhouse to track applicants coming in through our website and across other job boards such as LinkedIn and Indeed. We also use Greenhouse to track the interviews of applicants as well. As a Senior Account Executive I do a decent amount of interviews and write my notes and rate the candidate in Greenhouse. I have also used Greenhouse to input referrals for internal positions that are open and track their progress throughout the recruiting process.
  • Greenhouse makes it very easy to see where referrals are in the recruiting process. This is a strength because the user interface is very straightforward and easy to understand, thus it makes tracking people only take a few seconds.
  • The mobile app is very easy to use and further saves time since I can track candidates on the go easily.
  • Greenhouse makes it easy to collaborate across multiple interviews and see each others ratings and comments when discussing candidates. This helps the collaborative process and makes hiring smoother.
  • Greenhouse is very expensive compared to some other ATS I've used for a similar functionality.
  • I'd like to see them continue to expand their mobile app.
  • The system could provide more insight into referrals when tracking their progress (etc. notes from recruiting not just stages).
Greenhouse is well suited for expanding companies over 200 employees who would like to not only track incoming candidates but also allow current employees to input references and track them as well. Greenhouse is best suited for companies that value user interface and ease of use in an ATS as the application is very mobile friendly and can easily be picked up and used.
Read Christian Flaten's full review
Dustin Hovey profile photo
November 09, 2018

Greenhouse Review: "Your Home Base For Recruiting"

We use Greenhouse to aggregate candidate information; it serves as a one-stop place to share open jobs, review resumes, add referrals to open jobs, share jobs across socials networks, and for interviewers to view questions and leave notes. It enables employees and recruiters to have personal dashboards to view what is most important.
  • Provides a full funnel view of where candidates are in the hiring process.
  • Enables internal employees to view open positions based on a variety of filters.
  • Makes it easy to share open positions across social media.
  • Reporting can be more robust - perhaps having that ability to create custom reports.
  • You have to jump through a few hoops to view resumes, there should be an option to view it right away when hovering over a name.
  • Calendar integration doesn't always work.
Greenhouse can be a valuable tool for medium and large businesses that regularly fill open positions or are looking scale. Some small businesses may find the feature set to be cumbersome for their needs.
Read Dustin Hovey's full review
Carl Pieri profile photo
November 07, 2018

Review: "Greenhouse helps our recruiting efforts every day!"

Our whole organization uses Greenhouse for tracking our referrals and for tracking our candidates throughout the recruiting process. Makes a process that is otherwise very hard to track very transparent. Holds people accountable more and prevents important work like this from happening over things like Google Sheets where people can just get lost in the shuffle.
  • Tracks referrals well
  • Updates you well when candidates are moving through the process
  • The referral flow is very easy
  • The UI at times looks a little outdated but not that bad.
Larger companies that are constantly hiring or trying to hire a lot of people can greatly benefit from this. Smaller organizations where the hiring doesn't need to be so formalized or tracked probably don't need this software (but I don't work in recruiting so I can't say for sure on this point).
Read Carl Pieri's full review
Christine Alling profile photo
August 03, 2018

Review: "Greenhouse - great ATS for smaller companies"

Greenhouse was our ATS for all positions. We used it not only to post jobs, but, to go through the offer approval process and present candidates to hiring authorities.
  • From the candidate application side, Greenhouse is easy and fast - you can submit your application easily and quickly.
  • It is very easy to make changes to jobs in Greenhouse - if you need to adjust language or add requirements, it's very easy to do and happens quickly.
  • Greenhouse is very intuitive to use - easy to navigate and learn if you've never used it before.
  • It is challenging to make changes to offers - even something like a start date change requires re-approval from all approvers.
  • The reporting function was difficult to navigate and would time out prior to getting results.
  • It would be great if greenhouse would alert you to other jobs the candidate has applied to and possible duplicate profiles.
I would recommend Greenhouse to any recruiter who works in a smaller company, especially tech companies. I think larger companies would need an ERP level ATS. Greenhouse is very easy to use as an applicant - it doesn't ask for redundant information and allows candidates to move through the process easily. It's very easy to set Greenhouse up for an organization and customize what information you need from a candidate. If you need a lot of reporting or have a huge recruiting team, I don't know if Greenhouse has the reporting capabilities necessary, but, I'm a fan of Greenhouse for the simple reason that it's easy for candidates to apply.
Read Christine Alling's full review
November 16, 2018

Greenhouse Review: "Efficient tool"

Greenhouse is used by the entire company to manage applications to internal and external job postings. It's a very helpful tool to manage applicants and to interview candidates. My team specifically uses it to submit referrals to positions, and we also use it to interview our candidates. I appreciate the ease of access and use. It's got a great user interface. When interviewing a candidate, Greenhouse's "interview kit" feature keeps track of the questions that we are suggested to ask and offers us a chance to record our reactions to the candidate's questions within the kit itself. I find the automated reminders to fill out our scorecards within the hour, so that we do not forget to have it completed before the next round of interviews conducted by more senior members of the team. It addresses the issue of managing several hundred candidates in various stages of the application process, and it solves it very well.
  • Lets you fill out scorecards on applicants easily
  • Allows you to parse text from resumes to minimize the time required to submit a referral and filling out all required fields
  • Interview kits allow for ease of interviews
  • It could parse text more easily
  • It could have a better workflow to navigate to an applicant's scorecard
  • It could clean up its homepage for rejected applicants
Greenhouse is well suited for managing hundreds of applicants because of how it allows you to track people throughout the process. It's a simple, basic, and easy enough tool to use to both keep track of interviewees and to interview potential candidates. However, it'll be helpful to make the tool more efficient to use for a greater scale of applicants.
November 08, 2018

User Review: "Greenhouse is valuable for us"

Greenhouse is used by our hiring team, and across our entire organization. It allows us an easy platform to be able to communicate and share thoughts on a candidate without having to constantly schedule meetings internally. The ability to leave notes is fantastic as it allows for interviewers to let the potential next interviewer to follow up on an answer that we may need to dig into.
  • Enables our the different interviews in our multiple stage interview process to be able to leave notes/concerns to one another, so that those items can easily be followed up on in a second/third stage interview.
  • Easy applicant tracking to asses where someone is in the interview process. We have a large company, but a relatively small hiring team, so it enables us to be able to find necessary information without having to constantly track someone else down, who is usually very tied up.
  • Being able to score candidates within the platform. Previously we'd relied on interviewers to do this outside of a platform, and often led to forgetfulness.
  • Ability to track email open rates.
  • There doesn't seem to be an easy or quick way to get a new user of Greenhouse ramped up to use the platform.
I think it's been more beneficial for us as we've grown, whereas when we were a smaller company, it seemed to almost be too much work for what we needed. Now that we have a department that can be dedicated to recruiting, we allow them to be the experts on the platform and ramp up others as needed.
December 21, 2018

User Review: "Greenhouse (Ease of use)"

Currently, here at Beeswax we use Greenhouse as our internal Applicant Tracking System (ATS). We use this to track candidates across the entire interview process from application to offer a background check. We use this across our entire company, every employee has access and is included in their onboarding process. We use Greenhouse for employee referrals and to track metrics for hiring. This makes sure that we keep tabs on candidates in the process and make sure people do not fall through the cracks.
  • Greenshouse's ease of use and functionality.
  • Reminders that can be set for follow-up and building out pipelines for the future.
  • The ability to keep an eye on and track metrics on time to hire and top of funnel analytics.
  • better search settings
  • seems like they often have a few bugs in their system
  • some of the analytics can be better and reporting could be a little more granular
Greenhouse is well suited for any company small to large that is looking for an ATS that has flexibility and allows for multiple custom features to be built within the different interview stages. If your looking to get max functionality out of an ATS this is the best on the market for that.

I have yet to see where Greenhouse would be inappropriate.

"Greenhouse Review"

Greenhouse is being used by our talent acquisition team. It is used across the whole organization as hiring managers in all departments are able to review resumes and fill out candidate cards after interviews using the interview kit. We are also currently looking into the Greenhouse onboarding tool to help with our new hire onboarding process.
  • The interview kit is great. All hiring managers in all departments are able to review resumes and fill out candidate cards after interviews.
  • It is easy for current employees to refer a candidate by uploading their resume right to the site.
  • Hiring managers can easily go on and screen resumes.
  • One thing in particular would be improving the way email notifications are set up. Right now, it is hard to control who receives candidate availability updates and it is a very manual process to correct this.
Greenhouse is great for a company who needs an easy to use Applicant Tracking System. It works well for not only the recruiting team but for hiring managers to review resumes, look at candidate availability, and assess the interview. Overall, I would highly recommend Grenehouse for those looking for an ATS.
November 16, 2018

Greenhouse Review: "High potential hiring platform"

Greenhouse is being used for recruitment purposes, we store all the candidates' data (such as resumes, reviews of the assessments). Candidates can apply through Greenhouse to our company, the application will create a user [record] for them. They will be able to attach a CV and a cover letter. The hiring crew can comment as well as reject or promote the candidate in the app, and finally, they can rate each assessment.
  • Good profiling for candidates
  • Permissions (to enable certain people to see the CV,approve and rate)
  • Storage of documents
  • The comment section is not optimized
  • Rating system is limited
Well suited - A candidate wants to apply to our company
November 07, 2018

Review: "Greenhouse is a fantastic tool for tracking and managing the recruiting process"

Greenhouse is easy to use and has a great UI. Process flow and storage of information (resume, cover letter, candidate scoring) is very intuitive and straight forward. The search function makes it easy to find candidates and being able to at another user is helpful to notify someone of an action or if a candidate is better suited for them.
  • Easy to search for a candidate
  • Organizes information well
  • Notifies new candidates and candidates that have been in the system for some time
  • Have a flag to search out of state vs in state
It is a great tool that fulfills our needs to track hiring for the Technology stack.
Jim Leahy profile photo
February 22, 2018

Greenhouse Review: "Fine Applicant Tracking System"

Greenhouse is our applicant tracking system to house all applications candidates have sent us, while also maintaining and managing the recruiting pipeline. Every single team member at our organization utilizes Greenhouse in one way or another. Greenhouse also provides detailed reporting regarding the candidate pipeline, and captures scorecard information from each person involved in the interview process.
  • Reporting. I'm so thankful for Greenhouse's ability to pull reports so that I can provide Hiring Managers and Senior Leaders with context.
  • Integrations. A company like ours has quite a few tools that we work with. It's important to ensure we can integrate so that resumes automatically flow to the Greenhouse tool.
  • Configurations are extremely useful and easy to set up. Email templates are particularly helpful so that you can have an established email tee'd up but personalize it as well.
  • There are so many bugs in Greenhouse's system and getting them resolved tends to be difficult. It's really problematic when a calendar invitation is removed and cannot sync up with our Gmail system.
  • Greenhouse scorecards are pretty cumbersome. I wish interviews could also add a question that isn't in the scorecard in case they think of something during the conversation.
  • Greenhouse's support isn't spectacular. I'm assuming Enterprise clients have a better experience, but I've run into issues where they're not even reading my email and send me back responses that are sub-par.
Greenhouse is an okay tool. It's not the worst in the market, but I'm not 100% sure it's the best. If their focus is solely on Enterprise, then I suspect it would be better suited for larger organizations who need support. For a smaller organization, if you run into problems, you're support is going to be lackluster at best.
Read Jim Leahy's full review
March 18, 2018

User Review: "Greenhouse Rocks! Highly Recommended!"

Greenhouse is my company's applicant tracking system. It is leveraged by several hundred users across the company to streamline our recruiting process. The tool has helped us rapidly scale our hiring process. We execute both the recruiting sourcing and scorecard evaluation processes in the tool.
  • Manage recruiting sourcing funnel
  • Fill out candidate scorecards
  • Easy to understand and use interface
  • None; the tool is the best ATS I have used in my career
Greenhouse is a great ATS that helps companies effectively scale their hiring process.
June 07, 2018

Greenhouse Review: "Great platform for exploring whats available!"

Greenhouse is used across our entire organization for both internal and external job listings. This gives us a centralized repository for available positions. Greenhouse creates a platform for employees to find a growth path within the organization. By utilizing Greenhouse employees also have the ability to find positions that they may not even know exist, giving further visibility to the structure of the organization.
  • Clearly breaks down where job postings fit in the company's structure.
  • Gives users a platform for referring potential job prospects and earning credit for these referrals.
  • The user interface feels a bit dated and could do with a refresh with some improved browsing abilities.
Greenhouse is well suited for companies looking to have a place for both internal and external job seekers to discover what positions are available in the organization.
May 17, 2018

User Review: "GreenHouse, an ATS platform"

Greenhouse is being used as an ATS. Application tracking system, so we refer candidates and see what positions we are hiring for in one system.
  • It is easy to see all the positions we are hiring for in one spot.
  • It allows you to share the jobs easily on social media.
  • It is simple and easy to use, you really cannot get confused using this platform.
  • The platform is not very intuitive, seems outdated and not fresh.
  • The positions that are being offered, will sometimes lag. For example, you will see a position that we are hiring for, then you to view it and it will not be there. You will have to keep refreshing it until the position shows.
  • It could have more features and capabilities, overall a simple system. Log people in and see them in the system.
Great way to get referrals and get the word out on new jobs being offered.
Christine Chung profile photo
December 13, 2017

Review: "Debating to try Lever instead of Greenhouse? Don't do it!"

Greenhouse is our company ATS. We use it to process all hires and recruiting activity.
  • Easy Application review process
  • Mobile optimized
  • Great customer support
  • Email templating is super easy
  • Doesn't include crm in their pricing
  • Doesn't have mail merge/email campaign capabilities
I recently switched to Lever hoping it would be a better platform/supercharge my hiring efforts, instead I had nothing but issues and made a decision to go back to Greenhouse. I am happy to be back with Greenhouse - their features actually work. Would have saved us a lot of time and money if we had just stayed put.

Support staff at Greenhouse are super knowledgable and efficient!
Read Christine Chung's full review
Andy Lutz profile photo
October 31, 2017

Greenhouse Review: "Get all of your candidates in order, and build out your team!"

On the recruiting team, we use Greenhouse as our primary ATS (applicant tracking system). It's how we know which candidates are applying, what interview stage they are at, what interview feedback they may garner, etc. We track offers, schedule interviews, review inbound information such as resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, how they heard of Segment, application questions, etc.

We also export candidate profiles to Greenhouse from Entelo after sourcing them via email.
  • Easy flow-through application review in each job
  • Easy to manage offer and export via DocuSign
  • Interview feedback scorecards are easy to structure
  • Not very good at uploading resumes in the correct format via FilePicker
  • When trying to parse resume from PDF, only scrapes some / wrong information
  • Is not intuitive for new hiring managers to navigate through
It's a great ATS, comparable with Lever.

Use it well and know that a lot of the structure and interview kit will take time to build properly!
Read Andy Lutz's full review
Eric Dunne profile photo
October 26, 2017

User Review: "Greenhouse is a solid hire"

We use Greenhouse to move potential hires through the pipeline including posting to job website and our internal job board, reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews, and gathering internal candidate feedback.
  • Easy to post jobs on various websites and keep our careers page up to date.
  • Good reminders to keep each application process moving.
  • Scheduling feature is great to work with and makes interview scheduling simple.
  • We've had some issues with email integration that were cumbersome to fix.
  • Some of the processes for moving candidates through the pipeline can be confusing, especially when several people are working on the same pipeline.
  • Search functionality is a bit bungled. It can be difficult to surface a particular group of candidates with filter naming being a bit confusing.
Greenhouse is great for small companies that don't have an internal HR department. It makes it easy to review and screen new candidates and walks you through the process of getting resumes to getting hired.
Read Eric Dunne's full review
Leah Sevey profile photo
September 15, 2017

Review: "My company uses Greenhouse for our hiring/recruiting solution"

My entire organization uses Greenhouse to manage our recruiting efforts. I work for a tech start up and we are hiring like crazy lately. We are able to post job openings, review new applicants, schedule interviews, make offers and reject candidates right in the website.

I am a manager and I'm typically part of the interview process, but I have to be invited to every single position. The website isn't always user friendly, maybe it's due to user error, but I wish it was easier to navigate.
  • I like that I can see all candidates who have applied to a certain position
  • I love that I get reminders every morning when I have an interview
  • I also like that I can see how long a position has been open and how many candidates have applied.
  • I wish I could compare candidates side by side. It's frustrating to have to open 2 websites or flip back and forth
  • I previously had more suggestions but can't think of any right now so I may add to this review later
I will definitely recommend Greenhouse to my colleagues because it's the one recruiting software we use as an organization. Everyone has to use it if he/she is involved in an interview process.
Read Leah Sevey's full review
Graham Hill profile photo
September 15, 2017

User Review: "Give Greenhouse the green light"

We use Greenhouse to track our new candidates. As a rapidly growing SaaS company, hiring is a huge day to day commitment for us. With Greenhouse, were able to track all of our applicants, referrals, and new employees all through a single pane of glass. Very easy to use and our employees love it!
  • Referrals
  • Candidate Tracking
  • Resume submitting
  • None
  • It Rocks
  • Streamlined
It's great for hiring. Very straightforward applications that allow our organization to rapidly grow and expand, and keep all our future talent easily organized. The more we grow, the more we need a platform to handle our new hires. Greenhouse is awesome and scales with us as we continue to grow.
Read Graham Hill's full review
Jennifer Madura, MA, SHRM-SCP profile photo
September 18, 2017

User Review: "Greenhouse Tops all other ATSs!"

When I was first introduced to Greenhouse, the company I worked for had 2 different applicant tracking systems. As you can imagine, this caused several challenges both internally and externally in terms of candidate experience and as we improved processes and started to report on recruiting metrics. Greenhouse allowed us to move to one ATS that every hiring manager and interviewer in the company was able to use. Even our engineering team (who tended to be pretty particular about software) was pleased with Greenhouse. It made the debriefing process significantly more efficient because we created customizable scorecards and the communication interface for candidates was exceptional. I am a big fan of Greenhouse and will push to use it at every company I work for.
  • For each job post, hiring teams can create scorecards that are specific and clear so that throughout the entire recruitment processes, candidates can be assessed more accurately.
  • You can customize communications for candidates throughout the entire recruitment process so that they have the best possible experience, even if they aren't selected for the position.
  • Greenhouse has the capability for you to flag a candidate that you want to follow up with in the future. When the follow-up date arrives, you receive a notification so you don't need to remind yourself in your own work calendar, Greenhouse takes care of it for you.
  • A more robust interview calendar would be very helpful.
I think Greenhouse is well suited for enhancing candidate experience and for synthesizing feedback. It helps hiring teams work very efficiently through the recruiting process and allows them to manage req loads with more organization. The fact that Greenhouse integrates with other tools is extremely helpful. On the flip side, when organizations are using a different HRIS system, Greenhouse can be a bit more difficult to use. It would be interesting to see Greenhouse move into the HRIS space!
Read Jennifer Madura, MA, SHRM-SCP's full review

Job Requisition Management (37)
Company Website Posting (38)
Publish to Social Media (33)
Job Search Site Posting (34)
Customized Application Form (32)
Resume Management (37)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (31)
Candidate Search (30)
Applicant Tracking (38)
Collaboration (37)
Task Creation and Delegation (32)
Email Templates (32)
User Permissions (36)
Notifications and Alerts (39)
Reporting (30)

About Greenhouse

Greenhouse aims to help make hiring your competitive advantage. According to the vendor, thousands of successful companies use the Greenhouse platform’s intelligent guidance to design and automate all aspects of hiring throughout their organizations to win top talent.

Much more than an ATS, only Greenhouse delivers a robust software platform that helps you build a winning hiring culture by driving great candidate interactions at every touch point and keeping everyone on the hiring team engaged and on the same page. With Greenhouse, hiring finally becomes a strategic lever in the business, automating away administrative burden and keeping you ahead. Proactive, data-driven insights help you shorten time-to-hire today and continue getting better over time.

The product supports 2,000+ people teams. According to the vendor, Greenhouse is chosen by more "best places to work" winners than any other software system, and offering an ecosystem of 150+ technology partners all tightly integrated into the Greenhouse platform.