- This is a great collaboration tool. Makes it very easy for my manager to assign an interview to me and provide me with the interview kit that I need, share the candidate's resume and it is also very simple for me to submit feedback after the interview has taken place. I can also tag a coworker in my notes which is very useful for us because we do group interviews and this way I can simply tag my fellow interviewer on the notes to let our manager know that we are both in agreement regarding the candidate's feedback.
- I love the Dashboard feature, has all of my upcoming interviews in one place. I can also refer someone for any open positions right there by clicking on add referral.
- I can connect a job posting to my LinkedInn or create a link I can send to a possible applicant directly. Makes it easy to stay Organized and share any open positions with my connections on social media.
- Once I submitted a Scorecard for a candidate after an interview, I had a hard time finding that scorecard again in order to make an edit. I would like to have an option to view scorecard written by me on my dashboard.
- I wish the software's setup provided more of a structure to help small companies that may not have a fully cooked HR department yet with guidance and guidelines on how to conduct a thorough candidate review and a bias free interview. There are other HR/recruiting software out there that helps its customers by providing best practices in performance reviews and recruiting that are reflected in the tools design and functionality.
- Great product but minimal support past sales and onboarding and the high cost can be a hard sell for small companies.
- It simplifies and organizes the referral process. I don't have to email HR to refer employees anymore.
- I can track where referrals are in the interview process very easily, so I don't have to ask anyone about the status of a referral (which can sometimes be awkward if a friend isn't moving forward for whatever reason).
- It's a great way to organize pre-interview tests (like writing or skills tests) and we can access and grade documents easily.
- There could be better functionality for explaining why referrals didn't get through. For example, a potential employee that chose not to take the job would be marked as "rejected" even if that wasn't the case.
- Job Postings: easily post jobs to your career site with one click
- Collect candidate feedback/Evaluation forms in a timely manner with auto generated emails
- Generate customized reports of candidates that can be exported to google docs or excel
- Track candidates in various interview stages
- Ability to create a specialized interview plan for various jobs
- Interview scheduling. Greenhouse makes it easy for recruiting coordinators to schedule interviews for candidates. Greenhouse integrates with your google calendar and has an integration even with outlook calendar. When scheduling, you can see in Greenhouse itself when an interviewer is available or not. Therefore, you do not need to go back and forth from Google calendar and then greenhouse. With the "schedule all" feature, you are also able to schedule multiple interviews. This really helps in scheduling interviews fast and in a timely manner.
- Reporting. Greenhouse lets you create customized reports. I've created reports ranging from sources of candidate hire, employee referrals, time to fill for certain positions. There's also a set of created reports that Greenhouse provides. The best part of Greenhouse's reporting capabilities is the fact that with one click you can easily export to google docs or excel. I've had issues with other ATS's that I've used in the past where a report would take hours to generate. With greenhouse, a report is generated in seconds.
- Greenhouse Support. I have to say Greenhouse support is world class. No phone calls or being put on hold for hours. Instead there is a support chat button and you are able to connect with a representative really fast. I'm able to get a problem solved faster since the reps are really well-trained. There is no back and forth.
- Candidate Feedback/ Notifications. Greenhouse enables you to customize on who you want to receive candidate evaluation feedback. I am able to add on an hiring manager to evaluation notifications or another key interviewer. When an evaluation form or scorecard as Greenhouse calls is filled out, I get an email with the feedback. This is great when I'm traveling and I'm unable to check in greenhouse itself. Instead, I can check my email and see the info accordingly. I also like the fact that you can customize the evaluation form with detailed requirements. There is even the ability to set the evaluation forms to private so the interview team cannot view it. We set it private as this helps prevent interview bias.
- When you first get greenhouse, it does take time to set up. Greenhouse could help to provide a smoother transition in the beginning.
- The mobile app has some glitches and there's been times it has froze on me. I think it could be improved upon.
- There is a sharing jobs to social media function where you can easily post automated job postings to your linkedin, facebook, twitter. I'd like to have Greenhouse be able to tell me which of our employees consistently post the most job postings to their social media.
If your a growing company, Greenhouse is worth the investment. (Pricing is based upon headcount.) The interface in my opinion is very easy to use and you can easily train interviewers and hiring managers how to use key functions. Greenhouse provides a variety of materials including youtube videos on training.
If your looking for a solid ATS system, Greenhouse is the probably the best one around. I have been in recruiting for over 10 years and used a variety of ATS's but none have the superior functionality as Greenhouse does. I like the fact that greenhouse integrates well with Entelo and LinkedIn Recruiter/Talent. I am able to spend less time manually uploading data and more time with doing what I love: Sourcing!
Regardless of company size, I think Greenhouse can meet the needs of most companies. I do see many startups use it more but it is well suited for most. The automation of greenhouse, the customized reports, the exceptional support, and the fact that it is so easy to use, are the reasons we decided keep using Greenhouse.
Review: "Greenhouse has too much process for a smaller company. Should not be used for under 100 employees"
- Greenhouse is a great tool for company wide use (referral programs, and sharing specific jobs on social media)
- Greenhouse is a great tool for companies that have a long recruiting process
- I don't believe that Greenhouse is a tool that is great for startups or companies under 100 people. We feel that greenhouse actually slowed our recruiting process down in that there are a lot of extra processes in place that are not relevant to smaller companies.
- Greenhouse is expensive, and there are basic functions that cost extra. For example if you want to categorize candidates that you might not be able to hire today, but may have a role in the future that is relevant- you would have to pay extra for a "CRM" for the ability to keep these candidates in the "candidate pool"
- Greenhouse's onboarding process was very difficult to navigate. It is like "self teach" and then feel free to ask questions.
- To get each candidate into greenhouse you have to save the resume, upload it, and then add various fields. So it is not a quick parse. There is an option to forward an email into greenhouse that has a resume attached to it but more often then not the parse does not work AND each job has its own email address. So if we are recruiting for 20 different jobs, I need to keep a list of emails to forward resumes to.
- You have to assign a job to each candidate. So if someone applies and is not relevant to a specific job there is no place for them in Greenhouse. This makes it challenging to collect resumes for a later date or compare resumes that we may have already collected to the ones 3rd party recruiters send in.
- Provides a full funnel view of where candidates are in the hiring process.
- Enables internal employees to view open positions based on a variety of filters.
- Makes it easy to share open positions across social media.
- Reporting can be more robust - perhaps having that ability to create custom reports.
- You have to jump through a few hoops to view resumes, there should be an option to view it right away when hovering over a name.
- Calendar integration doesn't always work.
- From the candidate application side, Greenhouse is easy and fast - you can submit your application easily and quickly.
- It is very easy to make changes to jobs in Greenhouse - if you need to adjust language or add requirements, it's very easy to do and happens quickly.
- Greenhouse is very intuitive to use - easy to navigate and learn if you've never used it before.
- It is challenging to make changes to offers - even something like a start date change requires re-approval from all approvers.
- The reporting function was difficult to navigate and would time out prior to getting results.
- It would be great if greenhouse would alert you to other jobs the candidate has applied to and possible duplicate profiles.
- Enables our the different interviews in our multiple stage interview process to be able to leave notes/concerns to one another, so that those items can easily be followed up on in a second/third stage interview.
- Easy applicant tracking to asses where someone is in the interview process. We have a large company, but a relatively small hiring team, so it enables us to be able to find necessary information without having to constantly track someone else down, who is usually very tied up.
- Being able to score candidates within the platform. Previously we'd relied on interviewers to do this outside of a platform, and often led to forgetfulness.
- Ability to track email open rates.
- There doesn't seem to be an easy or quick way to get a new user of Greenhouse ramped up to use the platform.
- Clearly breaks down where job postings fit in the company's structure.
- Gives users a platform for referring potential job prospects and earning credit for these referrals.
- The user interface feels a bit dated and could do with a refresh with some improved browsing abilities.
- It is easy to see all the positions we are hiring for in one spot.
- It allows you to share the jobs easily on social media.
- It is simple and easy to use, you really cannot get confused using this platform.
- The platform is not very intuitive, seems outdated and not fresh.
- The positions that are being offered, will sometimes lag. For example, you will see a position that we are hiring for, then you to view it and it will not be there. You will have to keep refreshing it until the position shows.
- It could have more features and capabilities, overall a simple system. Log people in and see them in the system.
- Reporting. I'm so thankful for Greenhouse's ability to pull reports so that I can provide Hiring Managers and Senior Leaders with context.
- Integrations. A company like ours has quite a few tools that we work with. It's important to ensure we can integrate so that resumes automatically flow to the Greenhouse tool.
- Configurations are extremely useful and easy to set up. Email templates are particularly helpful so that you can have an established email tee'd up but personalize it as well.
- There are so many bugs in Greenhouse's system and getting them resolved tends to be difficult. It's really problematic when a calendar invitation is removed and cannot sync up with our Gmail system.
- Greenhouse scorecards are pretty cumbersome. I wish interviews could also add a question that isn't in the scorecard in case they think of something during the conversation.
- Greenhouse's support isn't spectacular. I'm assuming Enterprise clients have a better experience, but I've run into issues where they're not even reading my email and send me back responses that are sub-par.
Support staff at Greenhouse are super knowledgable and efficient!
We also export candidate profiles to Greenhouse from Entelo after sourcing them via email.
- Easy flow-through application review in each job
- Easy to manage offer and export via DocuSign
- Interview feedback scorecards are easy to structure
- Not very good at uploading resumes in the correct format via FilePicker
- When trying to parse resume from PDF, only scrapes some / wrong information
- Is not intuitive for new hiring managers to navigate through
- Easy to post jobs on various websites and keep our careers page up to date.
- Good reminders to keep each application process moving.
- Scheduling feature is great to work with and makes interview scheduling simple.
- We've had some issues with email integration that were cumbersome to fix.
- Some of the processes for moving candidates through the pipeline can be confusing, especially when several people are working on the same pipeline.
- Search functionality is a bit bungled. It can be difficult to surface a particular group of candidates with filter naming being a bit confusing.
I am a manager and I'm typically part of the interview process, but I have to be invited to every single position. The website isn't always user friendly, maybe it's due to user error, but I wish it was easier to navigate.
- I like that I can see all candidates who have applied to a certain position
- I love that I get reminders every morning when I have an interview
- I also like that I can see how long a position has been open and how many candidates have applied.
- I wish I could compare candidates side by side. It's frustrating to have to open 2 websites or flip back and forth
- I previously had more suggestions but can't think of any right now so I may add to this review later
- For each job post, hiring teams can create scorecards that are specific and clear so that throughout the entire recruitment processes, candidates can be assessed more accurately.
- You can customize communications for candidates throughout the entire recruitment process so that they have the best possible experience, even if they aren't selected for the position.
- Greenhouse has the capability for you to flag a candidate that you want to follow up with in the future. When the follow-up date arrives, you receive a notification so you don't need to remind yourself in your own work calendar, Greenhouse takes care of it for you.
- A more robust interview calendar would be very helpful.
- Reporting - In my role, I need to be able to diagnose where the breakdowns are in recruiting, and the system’s many canned reports help me do that. While Greenhouse doesn’t have the ability to let you build custom reports, there are enough reports available that I don’t have to do that. It’s also been very useful for me to get weekly recruitment reports from the system so I can see activity from a high level. All this lets me keep my finger on the pulse of hiring, and report effectively to the business where we are with progress to plan, while at the same time advising on trends I’m seeing and actions we may want to take.
- Interview Kits/Scorecards - Another great feature of the system. Getting everyone on the same sheet of music has been invaluable. Once all scorecards are input then the manager can see all of the feedback and make a decision. As I’ve mentioned, centralization is important to us and having all the feedback in one place makes it easy on recruiter and manager alike. And the interview kits are a great way to set everyone up for success, because they can be customized so that the whole interview panel takes the same approach, or each interviewer can be tasked with a specific question set. And it’s all so intuitive and easy to use. Several of our senior executives have set the standard for user engagement with Greenhouse!
- User experience - This was one very key area for us. We believe that recruiters are partners to managers, and for them to want to engage on that level, we needed a system that was user-friendly. And Greenhouse is definitely user-friendly. We have a high level of engagement here which has helped to further our goal of creating a culture of recruitment here.
- Reporting Customization - Although there are many canned reports that cover a variety of areas, I still have to export multiple reports in order to build a report which tells the story I’m trying to tell.
- User Access Customization - I understand this is something on their product roadmap. It would be great for them to get more granular in terms of access-level functionality.
Review: "Greenhouse doesn't have the strongest analytics, but fairs very well when stacked against competitors."
- Clean UI; easy to use in comparison to other applicant tracking systems out there.
- Updating job information and interview plans is simple.
- Thoughtfully put together; Greenhouse allows us to manage candidates and prospects well so we can run with candidates that are ready to interview but can also keep prospects warm until they are ready to interview.
- Tracking/reporting -- hard to pull the information we need. Hard to pull complex data to inform overall strategy decisions. Instead, we lean on integrations like Tableau, etc.
- Greenhouse has many capabilities such as bulk emailing, AI to help notice if there is an applicant that would be similar to another resume in the database and lastly the ease of moving candidates quickly through the hiring process.
- Getting updates on when Greenhouse is experiencing technical issues or malfunctions.
- Lastly, not worrying about sifting through resumes manually.
- Constant problems when it comes to working through Outlook.
- In approval sections, some of the key items that we add in during a job opening up disappear in the tab later on.
- Keeps track of all applications and candidates
- Keeps all information in one place - job description, application materials, status, interviewing schedule, feedback, and scorecard. Very helpful for team efforts on recruiting!
- Keeps track of your referrals and where they are in the process
- I honestly love Greenhouse - I have no major complaints at this time! It's been super helpful all around.
- Ease of creating links for referrals to be tied to you. There is a spot where you can create individual links for positions that you can post on your social media pages. Then if anyone clicks that link it is tied to the employees' name from then on. It's easy to track for referral bonuses
- I really enjoy the scorecard section. It's a place where you can list individual strengths or weaknesses of the candidate you are interviewing and the data is congregated should there be additional interviewers. It's great to see it all in one place.
- The interface is really easy to use. It looks neat and clean and handles a lot of our needs.
- The support team needs some help. They are quick to respond but sometimes don't provide a satisfying answer or they won't implement a new change. It's frustrating since we pay for the tool, but overall it's still a really great tool.
- While the interface looks and feels great, it changes a lot. I would say it changes every few weeks and they move stuff around so you have to relearn the site. It still works great, but it's frustrating at times to figure out exactly where things have been moved to.
- It would be nice if they had a better training system to really show you how to use a lot of their functionality. There are things that we find out about that would have been helpful to know but are already implemented in the system.
- Easy to navigate: the setup for stages of which candidates are at makes it easy for everyone with access to see notes and progress of that candidate.
- Streamlined: able to follow which candidate is a great fit and able to move candidate profile for different role/location.
- There are no cons at the moment.
Greenhouse Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Greenhouse aims to help make hiring your competitive advantage. According to the vendor, thousands of successful companies use the Greenhouse platform’s intelligent guidance to design and automate all aspects of hiring throughout their organizations to win top talent.
Much more than an ATS, only Greenhouse delivers a robust software platform that helps you build a winning hiring culture by driving great candidate interactions at every touch point and keeping everyone on the hiring team engaged and on the same page. With Greenhouse, hiring finally becomes a strategic lever in the business, automating away administrative burden and keeping you ahead. Proactive, data-driven insights help you shorten time-to-hire today and continue getting better over time.
The product supports 2,000+ people teams. According to the vendor, Greenhouse is chosen by more "best places to work" winners than any other software system, and offering an ecosystem of 150+ technology partners all tightly integrated into the Greenhouse platform.
Greenhouse Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||25%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||25%|
Greenhouse Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Greenhouse Technical Details
|Supported Languages: ||English|