Reviews (1-25 of 55)
- From the candidate application side, Greenhouse is easy and fast - you can submit your application easily and quickly.
- It is very easy to make changes to jobs in Greenhouse - if you need to adjust language or add requirements, it's very easy to do and happens quickly.
- Greenhouse is very intuitive to use - easy to navigate and learn if you've never used it before.
- It is challenging to make changes to offers - even something like a start date change requires re-approval from all approvers.
- The reporting function was difficult to navigate and would time out prior to getting results.
- It would be great if greenhouse would alert you to other jobs the candidate has applied to and possible duplicate profiles.
- Ease of use for recruiters , employees, managers, and candidates.
- Easy Integrations (you don’t have to rely on IT) with tons of platforms and other products to improve the effectiveness of the entire recruiting cycle.
- It needs a numerical 1-5 rating in addition to, or in place of, a thumbs up or down.
- Support is all email and very hard to get anyone live.
- Tracks job applicants
- Keeps recruiting pipeline well-maintained
- It's very easy to give hiring managers too many questions to answer and notes to fill out.
- Our managers have a bad habit of keeping the program open during interviews to prevent making notes after an interview.
- Greenhouse is very handy for helping hiring managers have a refined and defined hiring process for their department. Greenhouse also helps to hire managers in the same department to share notes and opinions about possible hires in a way that limits groupthink and rewards honesty.
- Greenhouse is less appropriate for offices with fewer hiring needs. This program is at it's best when a company hires in dozens of people every month or more. I am not sure how well it handles a super high volume of interviews.
- Integration with external systems (LinkedIn, Job boards, HRIS, e-signing).
- Workflow management throughout all pipeline activities.
- Limited support for long-term prospect nurturing.
- Permission management is confusing.
- The system allows you to automate the entire recruitment process
- Mobile friendly
- The customized reporting could be more user friendly
- The D&I system should be more agile so that one can customized by requisition
I have been using Greenhouse for 4 years now. My only wish is the reporting functionality would be a little easier to navigate through. We have demo'd their Events App and it's not the best I've seen so we use another tool and integrate it into our system. I am confident their Product team works diligently to make user improvements every day.
The integration with Google makes it extremely easy to communicate. I love the Open API function. That was a big decision for us in choosing Greenhouse. I love the long list of other tools that can integrate as well as the Open API because I can customize what systems I want talking.
- User-Friendly. Very little training to get comfortable with the system.
- Scheduling is a breeze. The integration with Google products makes the life of our scheduler happy!
- Moving candidates through the workflow is very detailed and easy to navigate. We are able to manage our workflow easily.
- Events App. We demo'd it and their competition is better at this point. I'd love to see them grow here.
- We used to have access to Live Chat to troubleshoot. Now we are in a Customer Support queue model. I would love to go back to Live Chat.
Great for tech-minded people because the UI looks very savvy and tech folks like modern-day UIs.
- Organize job requisitions and resumes with pertinent information.
- Schedules interviews with candidates and integrates with calendar softwares.
- Sometimes there are bugs with the calendaring system that can be resolved.
- Specific nuances in workflow.
Greenhouse is not well suited if you are an existing organization that has more than 1,000 employees.
- Custom referral links for social media - I use these to advertise job postings. It is especially nice to have when there is a referral bonus on the line.
- Allows each interviewer to share interview notes between one another and allows you to rate each candidate you meet. The interface is user-friendly.
- I wish I had more control over the automated emails I receive through Greenhouse. I receive some but have not been able to configure others that would be nice. For example, an email is someone uses my referral link to apply to a job posting.
- The referral process for people to add their referrals to HubSpot is a great feature and allows our Recruiting team to track the timing of referrals.
- When interviewing candidates Greenhouse allows you to customize the questions that your interviewers ask.
- I personally like the fact that I can have Greenhouse up while interviewing and take all my notes right in the application.
- The UI of Greenhouse can be confusing when you start and the tutorials aren't in-app or all that helpful.
- Bulk updating approvals on jobs can be really time-consuming because you have to do it manually.
- There are plenty of canned reports but it would be nice if you could customize more of the reports.
- Able to handle a large amount of data/recruitment very easily.
- Can handle approvals in-depth at both requisition (which we do) and job offer.
- CRM enables automation of candidate management and re-using the existing candidate database.
- The reporting. Unless everything is set up perfectly and data entry is great, the reporting struggles.
- Would often export data to Excel and run my own reporting there.
- The UI/UX can feel a bit clunky, especially compared to rivals. Functionality is all there but not always intuitive.
- Greenhouse job listings look neat and are very user-friendly. As an applicant, I always appreciated that Greenhouse job listings looked uniform, contained all the information I needed, and made applications simple. This is helpful on the other side of the hiring process too.
- I really like the dashboard. It's clean and makes it super easy to make referrals, see upcoming interviews, and view/share jobs.
- The interview scorecards are great. Thorough without taking too much time to fill out, and strikes the right balance of structure (yes/no questions, number ratings, etc.) and open-endedness (short answers).
- It would be great if I could save/access interview questions within Greenhouse. (Perhaps this is possible and just not a feature available to me.) Currently, I keep questions in a Google Doc and have to coordinate with other interviewers to ensure that we ask the right spread of questions.
- Although I am not an admin user and don't play a role in maintaining this software, I've heard from our HR department that it's somewhat pricy and not an especially affordable tool.
- A nice-to-have: the ability to log in and check the status of your application as a candidate. The silence/darkness on the other side can be discouraging and stressful.
- This is a great collaboration tool. Makes it very easy for my manager to assign an interview to me and provide me with the interview kit that I need, share the candidate's resume and it is also very simple for me to submit feedback after the interview has taken place. I can also tag a coworker in my notes which is very useful for us because we do group interviews and this way I can simply tag my fellow interviewer on the notes to let our manager know that we are both in agreement regarding the candidate's feedback.
- I love the Dashboard feature, has all of my upcoming interviews in one place. I can also refer someone for any open positions right there by clicking on add referral.
- I can connect a job posting to my LinkedInn or create a link I can send to a possible applicant directly. Makes it easy to stay Organized and share any open positions with my connections on social media.
- Once I submitted a Scorecard for a candidate after an interview, I had a hard time finding that scorecard again in order to make an edit. I would like to have an option to view scorecard written by me on my dashboard.
- I wish the software's setup provided more of a structure to help small companies that may not have a fully cooked HR department yet with guidance and guidelines on how to conduct a thorough candidate review and a bias free interview. There are other HR/recruiting software out there that helps its customers by providing best practices in performance reviews and recruiting that are reflected in the tools design and functionality.
- Great product but minimal support past sales and onboarding and the high cost can be a hard sell for small companies.
- It simplifies and organizes the referral process. I don't have to email HR to refer employees anymore.
- I can track where referrals are in the interview process very easily, so I don't have to ask anyone about the status of a referral (which can sometimes be awkward if a friend isn't moving forward for whatever reason).
- It's a great way to organize pre-interview tests (like writing or skills tests) and we can access and grade documents easily.
- There could be better functionality for explaining why referrals didn't get through. For example, a potential employee that chose not to take the job would be marked as "rejected" even if that wasn't the case.
- Job Postings: easily post jobs to your career site with one click
- Collect candidate feedback/Evaluation forms in a timely manner with auto generated emails
- Generate customized reports of candidates that can be exported to google docs or excel
- Track candidates in various interview stages
- Ability to create a specialized interview plan for various jobs
- Interview scheduling. Greenhouse makes it easy for recruiting coordinators to schedule interviews for candidates. Greenhouse integrates with your google calendar and has an integration even with outlook calendar. When scheduling, you can see in Greenhouse itself when an interviewer is available or not. Therefore, you do not need to go back and forth from Google calendar and then greenhouse. With the "schedule all" feature, you are also able to schedule multiple interviews. This really helps in scheduling interviews fast and in a timely manner.
- Reporting. Greenhouse lets you create customized reports. I've created reports ranging from sources of candidate hire, employee referrals, time to fill for certain positions. There's also a set of created reports that Greenhouse provides. The best part of Greenhouse's reporting capabilities is the fact that with one click you can easily export to google docs or excel. I've had issues with other ATS's that I've used in the past where a report would take hours to generate. With greenhouse, a report is generated in seconds.
- Greenhouse Support. I have to say Greenhouse support is world class. No phone calls or being put on hold for hours. Instead there is a support chat button and you are able to connect with a representative really fast. I'm able to get a problem solved faster since the reps are really well-trained. There is no back and forth.
- Candidate Feedback/ Notifications. Greenhouse enables you to customize on who you want to receive candidate evaluation feedback. I am able to add on an hiring manager to evaluation notifications or another key interviewer. When an evaluation form or scorecard as Greenhouse calls is filled out, I get an email with the feedback. This is great when I'm traveling and I'm unable to check in greenhouse itself. Instead, I can check my email and see the info accordingly. I also like the fact that you can customize the evaluation form with detailed requirements. There is even the ability to set the evaluation forms to private so the interview team cannot view it. We set it private as this helps prevent interview bias.
- When you first get greenhouse, it does take time to set up. Greenhouse could help to provide a smoother transition in the beginning.
- The mobile app has some glitches and there's been times it has froze on me. I think it could be improved upon.
- There is a sharing jobs to social media function where you can easily post automated job postings to your linkedin, facebook, twitter. I'd like to have Greenhouse be able to tell me which of our employees consistently post the most job postings to their social media.
If your a growing company, Greenhouse is worth the investment. (Pricing is based upon headcount.) The interface in my opinion is very easy to use and you can easily train interviewers and hiring managers how to use key functions. Greenhouse provides a variety of materials including youtube videos on training.
If your looking for a solid ATS system, Greenhouse is the probably the best one around. I have been in recruiting for over 10 years and used a variety of ATS's but none have the superior functionality as Greenhouse does. I like the fact that greenhouse integrates well with Entelo and LinkedIn Recruiter/Talent. I am able to spend less time manually uploading data and more time with doing what I love: Sourcing!
Regardless of company size, I think Greenhouse can meet the needs of most companies. I do see many startups use it more but it is well suited for most. The automation of greenhouse, the customized reports, the exceptional support, and the fact that it is so easy to use, are the reasons we decided keep using Greenhouse.
- Greenhouse is a great tool for company wide use (referral programs, and sharing specific jobs on social media)
- Greenhouse is a great tool for companies that have a long recruiting process
- I don't believe that Greenhouse is a tool that is great for startups or companies under 100 people. We feel that greenhouse actually slowed our recruiting process down in that there are a lot of extra processes in place that are not relevant to smaller companies.
- Greenhouse is expensive, and there are basic functions that cost extra. For example if you want to categorize candidates that you might not be able to hire today, but may have a role in the future that is relevant- you would have to pay extra for a "CRM" for the ability to keep these candidates in the "candidate pool"
- Greenhouse's onboarding process was very difficult to navigate. It is like "self teach" and then feel free to ask questions.
- To get each candidate into greenhouse you have to save the resume, upload it, and then add various fields. So it is not a quick parse. There is an option to forward an email into greenhouse that has a resume attached to it but more often then not the parse does not work AND each job has its own email address. So if we are recruiting for 20 different jobs, I need to keep a list of emails to forward resumes to.
- You have to assign a job to each candidate. So if someone applies and is not relevant to a specific job there is no place for them in Greenhouse. This makes it challenging to collect resumes for a later date or compare resumes that we may have already collected to the ones 3rd party recruiters send in.
- Candidate Communication - Really easy access to contact and keep conversations with candidates.
- Sending Assessments - We send all of our assessments through Greenhouse. They can track when they were sent and allow us to add hiring managers who can review and give grades directly.
- Easy access and interface for hiring managers to use.
- We've had some issues with integration from time to time. We switched from google to microsoft and it wasn't as fluent as expected.
- The reporting could be more fluid
- not many other negatives outside of those two
- Greenhouse makes it very easy to see where referrals are in the recruiting process. This is a strength because the user interface is very straightforward and easy to understand, thus it makes tracking people only take a few seconds.
- The mobile app is very easy to use and further saves time since I can track candidates on the go easily.
- Greenhouse makes it easy to collaborate across multiple interviews and see each others ratings and comments when discussing candidates. This helps the collaborative process and makes hiring smoother.
- Greenhouse is very expensive compared to some other ATS I've used for a similar functionality.
- I'd like to see them continue to expand their mobile app.
- The system could provide more insight into referrals when tracking their progress (etc. notes from recruiting not just stages).
- Provides a full funnel view of where candidates are in the hiring process.
- Enables internal employees to view open positions based on a variety of filters.
- Makes it easy to share open positions across social media.
- Reporting can be more robust - perhaps having that ability to create custom reports.
- You have to jump through a few hoops to view resumes, there should be an option to view it right away when hovering over a name.
- Calendar integration doesn't always work.
Greenhouse Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Greenhouse?
Greenhouse aims to help make hiring your competitive advantage. According to the vendor, thousands of successful companies use the Greenhouse platform’s intelligent guidance to design and automate all aspects of hiring throughout their organizations to win top talent.
Much more than an ATS, only Greenhouse delivers a robust software platform that helps you build a winning hiring culture by driving great candidate interactions at every touch point and keeping everyone on the hiring team engaged and on the same page. With Greenhouse, hiring finally becomes a strategic lever in the business, automating away administrative burden and keeping you ahead. Proactive, data-driven insights help you shorten time-to-hire today and continue getting better over time.
The product supports 2,000+ people teams. According to the vendor, Greenhouse is chosen by more "best places to work" winners than any other software system, and offering an ecosystem of 150+ technology partners all tightly integrated into the Greenhouse platform.
Greenhouse Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||25%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||25%|
Greenhouse Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Greenhouse Technical Details