Reviews (1-25 of 41)
- Greenhouse job listings look neat and are very user-friendly. As an applicant, I always appreciated that Greenhouse job listings looked uniform, contained all the information I needed, and made applications simple. This is helpful on the other side of the hiring process too.
- I really like the dashboard. It's clean and makes it super easy to make referrals, see upcoming interviews, and view/share jobs.
- The interview scorecards are great. Thorough without taking too much time to fill out, and strikes the right balance of structure (yes/no questions, number ratings, etc.) and open-endedness (short answers).
- It would be great if I could save/access interview questions within Greenhouse. (Perhaps this is possible and just not a feature available to me.) Currently, I keep questions in a Google Doc and have to coordinate with other interviewers to ensure that we ask the right spread of questions.
- Although I am not an admin user and don't play a role in maintaining this software, I've heard from our HR department that it's somewhat pricy and not an especially affordable tool.
- A nice-to-have: the ability to log in and check the status of your application as a candidate. The silence/darkness on the other side can be discouraging and stressful.
- This is a great collaboration tool. Makes it very easy for my manager to assign an interview to me and provide me with the interview kit that I need, share the candidate's resume and it is also very simple for me to submit feedback after the interview has taken place. I can also tag a coworker in my notes which is very useful for us because we do group interviews and this way I can simply tag my fellow interviewer on the notes to let our manager know that we are both in agreement regarding the candidate's feedback.
- I love the Dashboard feature, has all of my upcoming interviews in one place. I can also refer someone for any open positions right there by clicking on add referral.
- I can connect a job posting to my LinkedInn or create a link I can send to a possible applicant directly. Makes it easy to stay Organized and share any open positions with my connections on social media.
- Once I submitted a Scorecard for a candidate after an interview, I had a hard time finding that scorecard again in order to make an edit. I would like to have an option to view scorecard written by me on my dashboard.
- I wish the software's setup provided more of a structure to help small companies that may not have a fully cooked HR department yet with guidance and guidelines on how to conduct a thorough candidate review and a bias free interview. There are other HR/recruiting software out there that helps its customers by providing best practices in performance reviews and recruiting that are reflected in the tools design and functionality.
- Great product but minimal support past sales and onboarding and the high cost can be a hard sell for small companies.
- It simplifies and organizes the referral process. I don't have to email HR to refer employees anymore.
- I can track where referrals are in the interview process very easily, so I don't have to ask anyone about the status of a referral (which can sometimes be awkward if a friend isn't moving forward for whatever reason).
- It's a great way to organize pre-interview tests (like writing or skills tests) and we can access and grade documents easily.
- There could be better functionality for explaining why referrals didn't get through. For example, a potential employee that chose not to take the job would be marked as "rejected" even if that wasn't the case.
- Job Postings: easily post jobs to your career site with one click
- Collect candidate feedback/Evaluation forms in a timely manner with auto generated emails
- Generate customized reports of candidates that can be exported to google docs or excel
- Track candidates in various interview stages
- Ability to create a specialized interview plan for various jobs
- Interview scheduling. Greenhouse makes it easy for recruiting coordinators to schedule interviews for candidates. Greenhouse integrates with your google calendar and has an integration even with outlook calendar. When scheduling, you can see in Greenhouse itself when an interviewer is available or not. Therefore, you do not need to go back and forth from Google calendar and then greenhouse. With the "schedule all" feature, you are also able to schedule multiple interviews. This really helps in scheduling interviews fast and in a timely manner.
- Reporting. Greenhouse lets you create customized reports. I've created reports ranging from sources of candidate hire, employee referrals, time to fill for certain positions. There's also a set of created reports that Greenhouse provides. The best part of Greenhouse's reporting capabilities is the fact that with one click you can easily export to google docs or excel. I've had issues with other ATS's that I've used in the past where a report would take hours to generate. With greenhouse, a report is generated in seconds.
- Greenhouse Support. I have to say Greenhouse support is world class. No phone calls or being put on hold for hours. Instead there is a support chat button and you are able to connect with a representative really fast. I'm able to get a problem solved faster since the reps are really well-trained. There is no back and forth.
- Candidate Feedback/ Notifications. Greenhouse enables you to customize on who you want to receive candidate evaluation feedback. I am able to add on an hiring manager to evaluation notifications or another key interviewer. When an evaluation form or scorecard as Greenhouse calls is filled out, I get an email with the feedback. This is great when I'm traveling and I'm unable to check in greenhouse itself. Instead, I can check my email and see the info accordingly. I also like the fact that you can customize the evaluation form with detailed requirements. There is even the ability to set the evaluation forms to private so the interview team cannot view it. We set it private as this helps prevent interview bias.
- When you first get greenhouse, it does take time to set up. Greenhouse could help to provide a smoother transition in the beginning.
- The mobile app has some glitches and there's been times it has froze on me. I think it could be improved upon.
- There is a sharing jobs to social media function where you can easily post automated job postings to your linkedin, facebook, twitter. I'd like to have Greenhouse be able to tell me which of our employees consistently post the most job postings to their social media.
If your a growing company, Greenhouse is worth the investment. (Pricing is based upon headcount.) The interface in my opinion is very easy to use and you can easily train interviewers and hiring managers how to use key functions. Greenhouse provides a variety of materials including youtube videos on training.
If your looking for a solid ATS system, Greenhouse is the probably the best one around. I have been in recruiting for over 10 years and used a variety of ATS's but none have the superior functionality as Greenhouse does. I like the fact that greenhouse integrates well with Entelo and LinkedIn Recruiter/Talent. I am able to spend less time manually uploading data and more time with doing what I love: Sourcing!
Regardless of company size, I think Greenhouse can meet the needs of most companies. I do see many startups use it more but it is well suited for most. The automation of greenhouse, the customized reports, the exceptional support, and the fact that it is so easy to use, are the reasons we decided keep using Greenhouse.
- Greenhouse is a great tool for company wide use (referral programs, and sharing specific jobs on social media)
- Greenhouse is a great tool for companies that have a long recruiting process
- I don't believe that Greenhouse is a tool that is great for startups or companies under 100 people. We feel that greenhouse actually slowed our recruiting process down in that there are a lot of extra processes in place that are not relevant to smaller companies.
- Greenhouse is expensive, and there are basic functions that cost extra. For example if you want to categorize candidates that you might not be able to hire today, but may have a role in the future that is relevant- you would have to pay extra for a "CRM" for the ability to keep these candidates in the "candidate pool"
- Greenhouse's onboarding process was very difficult to navigate. It is like "self teach" and then feel free to ask questions.
- To get each candidate into greenhouse you have to save the resume, upload it, and then add various fields. So it is not a quick parse. There is an option to forward an email into greenhouse that has a resume attached to it but more often then not the parse does not work AND each job has its own email address. So if we are recruiting for 20 different jobs, I need to keep a list of emails to forward resumes to.
- You have to assign a job to each candidate. So if someone applies and is not relevant to a specific job there is no place for them in Greenhouse. This makes it challenging to collect resumes for a later date or compare resumes that we may have already collected to the ones 3rd party recruiters send in.
- Candidate Communication - Really easy access to contact and keep conversations with candidates.
- Sending Assessments - We send all of our assessments through Greenhouse. They can track when they were sent and allow us to add hiring managers who can review and give grades directly.
- Easy access and interface for hiring managers to use.
- We've had some issues with integration from time to time. We switched from google to microsoft and it wasn't as fluent as expected.
- The reporting could be more fluid
- not many other negatives outside of those two
- Greenhouse makes it very easy to see where referrals are in the recruiting process. This is a strength because the user interface is very straightforward and easy to understand, thus it makes tracking people only take a few seconds.
- The mobile app is very easy to use and further saves time since I can track candidates on the go easily.
- Greenhouse makes it easy to collaborate across multiple interviews and see each others ratings and comments when discussing candidates. This helps the collaborative process and makes hiring smoother.
- Greenhouse is very expensive compared to some other ATS I've used for a similar functionality.
- I'd like to see them continue to expand their mobile app.
- The system could provide more insight into referrals when tracking their progress (etc. notes from recruiting not just stages).
- Provides a full funnel view of where candidates are in the hiring process.
- Enables internal employees to view open positions based on a variety of filters.
- Makes it easy to share open positions across social media.
- Reporting can be more robust - perhaps having that ability to create custom reports.
- You have to jump through a few hoops to view resumes, there should be an option to view it right away when hovering over a name.
- Calendar integration doesn't always work.
- Lets you fill out scorecards on applicants easily
- Allows you to parse text from resumes to minimize the time required to submit a referral and filling out all required fields
- Interview kits allow for ease of interviews
- It could parse text more easily
- It could have a better workflow to navigate to an applicant's scorecard
- It could clean up its homepage for rejected applicants
- Enables our the different interviews in our multiple stage interview process to be able to leave notes/concerns to one another, so that those items can easily be followed up on in a second/third stage interview.
- Easy applicant tracking to asses where someone is in the interview process. We have a large company, but a relatively small hiring team, so it enables us to be able to find necessary information without having to constantly track someone else down, who is usually very tied up.
- Being able to score candidates within the platform. Previously we'd relied on interviewers to do this outside of a platform, and often led to forgetfulness.
- Ability to track email open rates.
- There doesn't seem to be an easy or quick way to get a new user of Greenhouse ramped up to use the platform.
- Greenshouse's ease of use and functionality.
- Reminders that can be set for follow-up and building out pipelines for the future.
- The ability to keep an eye on and track metrics on time to hire and top of funnel analytics.
- better search settings
- seems like they often have a few bugs in their system
- some of the analytics can be better and reporting could be a little more granular
I have yet to see where Greenhouse would be inappropriate.
- The interview kit is great. All hiring managers in all departments are able to review resumes and fill out candidate cards after interviews.
- It is easy for current employees to refer a candidate by uploading their resume right to the site.
- Hiring managers can easily go on and screen resumes.
- One thing in particular would be improving the way email notifications are set up. Right now, it is hard to control who receives candidate availability updates and it is a very manual process to correct this.
- From the candidate application side, Greenhouse is easy and fast - you can submit your application easily and quickly.
- It is very easy to make changes to jobs in Greenhouse - if you need to adjust language or add requirements, it's very easy to do and happens quickly.
- Greenhouse is very intuitive to use - easy to navigate and learn if you've never used it before.
- It is challenging to make changes to offers - even something like a start date change requires re-approval from all approvers.
- The reporting function was difficult to navigate and would time out prior to getting results.
- It would be great if greenhouse would alert you to other jobs the candidate has applied to and possible duplicate profiles.
- Clearly breaks down where job postings fit in the company's structure.
- Gives users a platform for referring potential job prospects and earning credit for these referrals.
- The user interface feels a bit dated and could do with a refresh with some improved browsing abilities.
- It is easy to see all the positions we are hiring for in one spot.
- It allows you to share the jobs easily on social media.
- It is simple and easy to use, you really cannot get confused using this platform.
- The platform is not very intuitive, seems outdated and not fresh.
- The positions that are being offered, will sometimes lag. For example, you will see a position that we are hiring for, then you to view it and it will not be there. You will have to keep refreshing it until the position shows.
- It could have more features and capabilities, overall a simple system. Log people in and see them in the system.
- Reporting. I'm so thankful for Greenhouse's ability to pull reports so that I can provide Hiring Managers and Senior Leaders with context.
- Integrations. A company like ours has quite a few tools that we work with. It's important to ensure we can integrate so that resumes automatically flow to the Greenhouse tool.
- Configurations are extremely useful and easy to set up. Email templates are particularly helpful so that you can have an established email tee'd up but personalize it as well.
- There are so many bugs in Greenhouse's system and getting them resolved tends to be difficult. It's really problematic when a calendar invitation is removed and cannot sync up with our Gmail system.
- Greenhouse scorecards are pretty cumbersome. I wish interviews could also add a question that isn't in the scorecard in case they think of something during the conversation.
- Greenhouse's support isn't spectacular. I'm assuming Enterprise clients have a better experience, but I've run into issues where they're not even reading my email and send me back responses that are sub-par.
Support staff at Greenhouse are super knowledgable and efficient!
We also export candidate profiles to Greenhouse from Entelo after sourcing them via email.
- Easy flow-through application review in each job
- Easy to manage offer and export via DocuSign
- Interview feedback scorecards are easy to structure
- Not very good at uploading resumes in the correct format via FilePicker
- When trying to parse resume from PDF, only scrapes some / wrong information
- Is not intuitive for new hiring managers to navigate through
- Easy to post jobs on various websites and keep our careers page up to date.
- Good reminders to keep each application process moving.
- Scheduling feature is great to work with and makes interview scheduling simple.
- We've had some issues with email integration that were cumbersome to fix.
- Some of the processes for moving candidates through the pipeline can be confusing, especially when several people are working on the same pipeline.
- Search functionality is a bit bungled. It can be difficult to surface a particular group of candidates with filter naming being a bit confusing.
I am a manager and I'm typically part of the interview process, but I have to be invited to every single position. The website isn't always user friendly, maybe it's due to user error, but I wish it was easier to navigate.
- I like that I can see all candidates who have applied to a certain position
- I love that I get reminders every morning when I have an interview
- I also like that I can see how long a position has been open and how many candidates have applied.
- I wish I could compare candidates side by side. It's frustrating to have to open 2 websites or flip back and forth
- I previously had more suggestions but can't think of any right now so I may add to this review later
Greenhouse Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Greenhouse aims to help make hiring your competitive advantage. According to the vendor, thousands of successful companies use the Greenhouse platform’s intelligent guidance to design and automate all aspects of hiring throughout their organizations to win top talent.
Much more than an ATS, only Greenhouse delivers a robust software platform that helps you build a winning hiring culture by driving great candidate interactions at every touch point and keeping everyone on the hiring team engaged and on the same page. With Greenhouse, hiring finally becomes a strategic lever in the business, automating away administrative burden and keeping you ahead. Proactive, data-driven insights help you shorten time-to-hire today and continue getting better over time.
The product supports 2,000+ people teams. According to the vendor, Greenhouse is chosen by more "best places to work" winners than any other software system, and offering an ecosystem of 150+ technology partners all tightly integrated into the Greenhouse platform.
Greenhouse Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||25%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||25%|
Greenhouse Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Greenhouse Technical Details