Greenhouse Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Christina Wells profile photo
October 24, 2019

Greenhouse is my go to!

It's hands down one of the best Applicant Tracking Systems I've used. It's extremely intuitive for the daily users and especially for interviewers. There are times that an interviewer will only touch Greenhouse once a year because that's how often they hire. Very little training is needed on HR's end to ramp them up. This allows for time savings and more accurate usage as the business navigates through schedules, scorecards, profiles, etc.

I have been using Greenhouse for 4 years now. My only wish is the reporting functionality would be a little easier to navigate through. We have demo'd their Events App and it's not the best I've seen so we use another tool and integrate it into our system. I am confident their Product team works diligently to make user improvements every day.

The integration with Google makes it extremely easy to communicate. I love the Open API function. That was a big decision for us in choosing Greenhouse. I love the long list of other tools that can integrate as well as the Open API because I can customize what systems I want talking.
  • User-Friendly. Very little training to get comfortable with the system.
  • Scheduling is a breeze. The integration with Google products makes the life of our scheduler happy!
  • Moving candidates through the workflow is very detailed and easy to navigate. We are able to manage our workflow easily.
  • Events App. We demo'd it and their competition is better at this point. I'd love to see them grow here.
  • We used to have access to Live Chat to troubleshoot. Now we are in a Customer Support queue model. I would love to go back to Live Chat.
Well suited for small to medium size companies. Because the reporting is a little clunky, I could see it could be a little challenging to work well for extremely large companies with 100s of roles across continents.

Great for tech-minded people because the UI looks very savvy and tech folks like modern-day UIs.
Read Christina Wells's full review
Brittany Martin, PHRca profile photo
October 23, 2019

Greenhouse gets an A

We use greenhouse to publish job opportunities across multiple job boards, manage our candidates, schedule interviews, compare impressions and extend offers. We progress our candidates though the various hiring stages and everything is easily accessible by all interviews, hiring managers and stakeholders. Greenhouse syncs with our HRIS system so we can send an offer letter at the end of the process.
  • User friendly
  • Organized
  • Customizable email templates
  • The ability to message/text candidates would be helpful
Greenhouse is well suited for sourcing and hiring HQ and exempt employees, however Greenhouse isn't as relevant to hiring hourly non-exempt employees where a lighter touch and short hiring process is utilized. When hiring hourly employees it's often a 2 interview process, or 1 phone screen 1 in person interview process where progressing candidates through all of the interview stages is not needed.
Read Brittany Martin, PHRca's full review
Shannon McNamara profile photo
We use Greenhouse at our company for recruiting and interviewing candidates. It's used on a daily basis by our recruiting department, but nearly every person at the company uses it at some point or other when they are interviewing potential candidates for their department, so everyone interacts with the software at some point.
  • Clean design.
  • Simple to use.
  • Great instructional emails and reminders.
  • The home page is a bit difficult to navigate.
Greenhouse is great for any mid-sized company that is looking for a simple software that all members of departments can use. The learning curve to start using Greenhouse is basically nonexistent - it's very simple to understand, easy to use, and has a great UX. The email reminders that go to interviewers as well are very appreciated.
Read Shannon McNamara's full review
Our entire company uses Greenhouse for recruiting. We switched to it about 4 years ago although I can't remember which software we used before we had Greenhouse. We use it to log candidate feedback, provide instructions for interviewers, and track candidate progress as they move through the various interview stages at HubSpot.
  • The referral process for people to add their referrals to HubSpot is a great feature and allows our Recruiting team to track the timing of referrals.
  • When interviewing candidates Greenhouse allows you to customize the questions that your interviewers ask.
  • I personally like the fact that I can have Greenhouse up while interviewing and take all my notes right in the application.
  • The UI of Greenhouse can be confusing when you start and the tutorials aren't in-app or all that helpful.
  • Bulk updating approvals on jobs can be really time-consuming because you have to do it manually.
  • There are plenty of canned reports but it would be nice if you could customize more of the reports.
Greenhouse is great for our needs at a company of over 3,000 people. We have 8 different departments that all use it for full-funnel interviewing and recruiting needs. I think it would still work for a smaller company because none of the software feels "enterprisey" but since I haven't used it at another company I'm not sure exactly where it would fall short or work for smaller companies.
Our company uses Greenhouse for the hiring process: putting up job listings, receiving and storing candidate application materials, and gathering employee feedback after interviews. Because many of our employees work cross-departmentally, and because overall culture fit is such a priority here, many people across the organization conduct interviews (not just HR and managers) and therefore have access to Greenhouse.
  • Greenhouse job listings look neat and are very user-friendly. As an applicant, I always appreciated that Greenhouse job listings looked uniform, contained all the information I needed, and made applications simple. This is helpful on the other side of the hiring process too.
  • I really like the dashboard. It's clean and makes it super easy to make referrals, see upcoming interviews, and view/share jobs.
  • The interview scorecards are great. Thorough without taking too much time to fill out, and strikes the right balance of structure (yes/no questions, number ratings, etc.) and open-endedness (short answers).
  • It would be great if I could save/access interview questions within Greenhouse. (Perhaps this is possible and just not a feature available to me.) Currently, I keep questions in a Google Doc and have to coordinate with other interviewers to ensure that we ask the right spread of questions.
  • Although I am not an admin user and don't play a role in maintaining this software, I've heard from our HR department that it's somewhat pricy and not an especially affordable tool.
  • A nice-to-have: the ability to log in and check the status of your application as a candidate. The silence/darkness on the other side can be discouraging and stressful.
Greenhouse seems like a great option for just about any company. Even if your organization is very small, it can be difficult to maintain consistency across interviews and eliminate as much bias as possible. Greenhouse is wonderful for organizing applicant info, putting up jobs, managing referrals, and judging candidates post-interview in a fair way. The only thing I can think of is that Greenhouse isn't cheap, especially as you add more users, so perhaps organizations on a budget would look for alternatives.
Greenhouse is used as our applicant tracking system and recruitment CRM. The Talent Acquisition team has ownership of the software but it is used by all employees (for referrals & internal job moves). It enables us to streamline our recruitment process, manage our candidate sourcing efforts and maintain records of recruitment/hiring efforts.
  • Able to handle a large amount of data/recruitment very easily.
  • Can handle approvals in-depth at both requisition (which we do) and job offer.
  • CRM enables automation of candidate management and re-using the existing candidate database.
  • The reporting. Unless everything is set up perfectly and data entry is great, the reporting struggles.
  • Would often export data to Excel and run my own reporting there.
  • The UI/UX can feel a bit clunky, especially compared to rivals. Functionality is all there but not always intuitive.
Well suited for medium-sized businesses with a high volume of roles actively recruited at one time but a smaller talent acquisition function. Has loads of functionality you wouldn't need in a smaller business but is missing some of the scale needed in a large enterprise.
Greenhouse is easy to use and has a great UI. Process flow and storage of information (resume, cover letter, candidate scoring) is very intuitive and straight forward. The search function makes it easy to find candidates and being able to at another user is helpful to notify someone of an action or if a candidate is better suited for them.
  • Easy to search for a candidate
  • Organizes information well
  • Notifies new candidates and candidates that have been in the system for some time
  • Have a flag to search out of state vs in state
It is a great tool that fulfills our needs to track hiring for the Technology stack. The overall process flow of looking at candidates, reading resumes and cover letters is great. I think some areas of improvement is the search functionality (in state vs out of state) and also if rating candidate page could be integrated better with the current process flow of the candidate vs two different links.
December 21, 2018

Greenhouse (Ease of use)

Currently, here at Beeswax we use Greenhouse as our internal Applicant Tracking System (ATS). We use this to track candidates across the entire interview process from application to offer a[nd] background check. We use this across our entire company, every employee has access and is included in their onboarding process. We use Greenhouse for employee referrals and to track metrics for hiring. This makes sure that we keep tabs on candidates in the process and make sure people do not fall through the cracks.
  • Greenshouse's ease of use and functionality.
  • Reminders that can be set for follow-up and building out pipelines for the future.
  • The ability to keep an eye on and track metrics on time to hire and top of funnel analytics.
  • better search settings
  • seems like they often have a few bugs in their system
  • some of the analytics can be better and reporting could be a little more granular
Greenhouse is well suited for any company small to large that is looking for an ATS that has flexibility and allows for multiple custom features to be built within the different interview stages. If your looking to get max functionality out of an ATS this is the best on the market for that.

I have yet to see where Greenhouse would be inappropriate.
Paula X. Smith profile photo
Greenhouse is currently being used across my organization by our U.S. based team to help us fill positions in RD, CS, Deployment and Analytics. We are a start up com[any that is growing rapidly and do not have a department solely dedicated to recruiting but as we grow, we found the need to be more organized and have a better process for recruiting and hiring. Greenhouse has helped us be more organized, keep better track of applicants and share interview feedback amongst members of our organization.
  • This is a great collaboration tool. Makes it very easy for my manager to assign an interview to me and provide me with the interview kit that I need, share the candidate's resume and it is also very simple for me to submit feedback after the interview has taken place. I can also tag a coworker in my notes which is very useful for us because we do group interviews and this way I can simply tag my fellow interviewer on the notes to let our manager know that we are both in agreement regarding the candidate's feedback.
  • I love the Dashboard feature, has all of my upcoming interviews in one place. I can also refer someone for any open positions right there by clicking on add referral.
  • I can connect a job posting to my LinkedInn or create a link I can send to a possible applicant directly. Makes it easy to stay Organized and share any open positions with my connections on social media.
  • Once I submitted a Scorecard for a candidate after an interview, I had a hard time finding that scorecard again in order to make an edit. I would like to have an option to view scorecard written by me on my dashboard.
  • I wish the software's setup provided more of a structure to help small companies that may not have a fully cooked HR department yet with guidance and guidelines on how to conduct a thorough candidate review and a bias free interview. There are other HR/recruiting software out there that helps its customers by providing best practices in performance reviews and recruiting that are reflected in the tools design and functionality.
  • Great product but minimal support past sales and onboarding and the high cost can be a hard sell for small companies.
I think Greenhouse has the potential to be much more helpful for larger companies, since it is highly customizable. It can really make a difference in organizing recruiting efforts for a large company with various departments and multiple open positions at a time. For smaller companies where there may only be one or 2 openings at a time, the cost of the software may be a little too high to justify a good ROI, but if you are looking to scale, then this is the perfect tool to make sure that you are hiring the right candidates in a more timely manner.
Read Paula X. Smith's full review
Tanner Walters profile photo
We use Greenhouse to manage and track employee referrals. I've used it to refer several colleagues to open positions. We tie the software to our referral bonus program.
  • It simplifies and organizes the referral process. I don't have to email HR to refer employees anymore.
  • I can track where referrals are in the interview process very easily, so I don't have to ask anyone about the status of a referral (which can sometimes be awkward if a friend isn't moving forward for whatever reason).
  • It's a great way to organize pre-interview tests (like writing or skills tests) and we can access and grade documents easily.
  • There could be better functionality for explaining why referrals didn't get through. For example, a potential employee that chose not to take the job would be marked as "rejected" even if that wasn't the case.
Especially suited for mid-size or larger companies and agencies with an employee referral program. It makes it much easier for employees to add and track referrals without sending a dozen emails to HR.
Read Tanner Walters's full review
Avni Shah profile photo
September 27, 2018

Greenhouse is the best ATS!

We use Greenhouse as our Applicant Tracking System ( ATS) in our Talent Acquisition Department. Greenhouse helps with the overall recruiting process. It does help with onboarding but we don't use that particular function for our needs. The main business problem Greenhouse addresses is helping keep the interview process organized from start to finish. It is a one stop system where you can do the following:

• Job Postings: easily post jobs to your career site with one click
  • Collect candidate feedback/Evaluation forms in a timely manner with auto generated emails
  • Generate customized reports of candidates that can be exported to google docs or excel
  • Track candidates in various interview stages
  • Ability to create a specialized interview plan for various jobs
Greenhouse has a number of integrations with many other companies so it really helps streamline certain processes. I use LinkedIn Talent and Entelo to source candidates. There is an integration of these platforms with Greenhouse so I'm easily able to import candidate profiles/data with one click into Greenhouse! It really helps make my life easier and I'm able to spend more time sourcing vs manually uploading and entering info.

• Interview scheduling. Greenhouse makes it easy for recruiting coordinators to schedule interviews for candidates. Greenhouse integrates with your google calendar and has an integration even with outlook calendar. When scheduling, you can see in Greenhouse itself when an interviewer is available or not. Therefore, you do not need to go back and forth from Google calendar and then greenhouse. With the "schedule all" feature, you are also able to schedule multiple interviews. This really helps in scheduling interviews fast and in a timely manner.
  • Reporting. Greenhouse lets you create customized reports. I've created reports ranging from sources of candidate hire, employee referrals, time to fill for certain positions. There's also a set of created reports that Greenhouse provides. The best part of Greenhouse's reporting capabilities is the fact that with one click you can easily export to google docs or excel. I've had issues with other ATS's that I've used in the past where a report would take hours to generate. With greenhouse, a report is generated in seconds.
  • Greenhouse Support. I have to say Greenhouse support is world class. No phone calls or being put on hold for hours. Instead there is a support chat button and you are able to connect with a representative really fast. I'm able to get a problem solved faster since the reps are really well-trained. There is no back and forth.
  • Candidate Feedback/ Notifications. Greenhouse enables you to customize on who you want to receive candidate evaluation feedback. I am able to add on an hiring manager to evaluation notifications or another key interviewer. When an evaluation form or scorecard as Greenhouse calls is filled out, I get an email with the feedback. This is great when I'm traveling and I'm unable to check in greenhouse itself. Instead, I can check my email and see the info accordingly. I also like the fact that you can customize the evaluation form with detailed requirements. There is even the ability to set the evaluation forms to private so the interview team cannot view it. We set it private as this helps prevent interview bias.
  • When you first get greenhouse, it does take time to set up. Greenhouse could help to provide a smoother transition in the beginning.
  • The mobile app has some glitches and there's been times it has froze on me. I think it could be improved upon.
  • There is a sharing jobs to social media function where you can easily post automated job postings to your linkedin, facebook, twitter. I'd like to have Greenhouse be able to tell me which of our employees consistently post the most job postings to their social media.
Greenhouse is well suited in the following scenarios:

If your a growing company, Greenhouse is worth the investment. (Pricing is based upon headcount.) The interface in my opinion is very easy to use and you can easily train interviewers and hiring managers how to use key functions. Greenhouse provides a variety of materials including youtube videos on training.

If your looking for a solid ATS system, Greenhouse is the probably the best one around. I have been in recruiting for over 10 years and used a variety of ATS's but none have the superior functionality as Greenhouse does. I like the fact that greenhouse integrates well with Entelo and LinkedIn Recruiter/Talent. I am able to spend less time manually uploading data and more time with doing what I love: Sourcing!

Regardless of company size, I think Greenhouse can meet the needs of most companies. I do see many startups use it more but it is well suited for most. The automation of greenhouse, the customized reports, the exceptional support, and the fact that it is so easy to use, are the reasons we decided keep using Greenhouse.
Read Avni Shah's full review
Mariam Barnes profile photo
Greenhouse is our only ATS right now. The only people who use Greenhouse is our recruiting team. Not the entire company.
  • Greenhouse is a great tool for company wide use (referral programs, and sharing specific jobs on social media)
  • Greenhouse is a great tool for companies that have a long recruiting process
  • I don't believe that Greenhouse is a tool that is great for startups or companies under 100 people. We feel that greenhouse actually slowed our recruiting process down in that there are a lot of extra processes in place that are not relevant to smaller companies.
  • Greenhouse is expensive, and there are basic functions that cost extra. For example if you want to categorize candidates that you might not be able to hire today, but may have a role in the future that is relevant- you would have to pay extra for a "CRM" for the ability to keep these candidates in the "candidate pool"
  • Greenhouse's onboarding process was very difficult to navigate. It is like "self teach" and then feel free to ask questions.
  • To get each candidate into greenhouse you have to save the resume, upload it, and then add various fields. So it is not a quick parse. There is an option to forward an email into greenhouse that has a resume attached to it but more often then not the parse does not work AND each job has its own email address. So if we are recruiting for 20 different jobs, I need to keep a list of emails to forward resumes to.
  • You have to assign a job to each candidate. So if someone applies and is not relevant to a specific job there is no place for them in Greenhouse. This makes it challenging to collect resumes for a later date or compare resumes that we may have already collected to the ones 3rd party recruiters send in.
I think Greenhouse is great for large corporate companies where hiring might not be a speedy process. For companies that have a sense of urgency and are doing large volume recruiting, Greenhouse is not the way to go. I feel that Greenhouse should not be pitching this product as a tool for companies that are less than 100 people. The price is not commensurate with the value.
Read Mariam Barnes's full review
Johnathan Moersdorf profile photo
We use Greenhouse as our company wide ATS for all of our departments. It's served as a valuable resource for when candidates apply to keep them organized, alert hiring managers of transitions within jobs and for the approval process to work with leadership. It's used to manage all new candidates, headcount approvals, recruitment analytics, on-boarding.
  • Candidate Communication - Really easy access to contact and keep conversations with candidates.
  • Sending Assessments - We send all of our assessments through Greenhouse. They can track when they were sent and allow us to add hiring managers who can review and give grades directly.
  • Easy access and interface for hiring managers to use.
  • We've had some issues with integration from time to time. We switched from google to microsoft and it wasn't as fluent as expected.
  • The reporting could be more fluid
  • not many other negatives outside of those two
Greenhouse is suited for an organization of 100+ where recruitment is going to be a heavy feature for the business going forward. It is intensive and teaching/learning will take some time but it is definitely the strongest ATS on the market. We've had great success using the software here at FanDuel.
Read Johnathan Moersdorf's full review
Christian Flaten profile photo
Our recruiting team primarily uses Greenhouse to track applicants coming in through our website and across other job boards such as LinkedIn and Indeed. We also use Greenhouse to track the interviews of applicants as well. As a Senior Account Executive I do a decent amount of interviews and write my notes and rate the candidate in Greenhouse. I have also used Greenhouse to input referrals for internal positions that are open and track their progress throughout the recruiting process.
  • Greenhouse makes it very easy to see where referrals are in the recruiting process. This is a strength because the user interface is very straightforward and easy to understand, thus it makes tracking people only take a few seconds.
  • The mobile app is very easy to use and further saves time since I can track candidates on the go easily.
  • Greenhouse makes it easy to collaborate across multiple interviews and see each others ratings and comments when discussing candidates. This helps the collaborative process and makes hiring smoother.
  • Greenhouse is very expensive compared to some other ATS I've used for a similar functionality.
  • I'd like to see them continue to expand their mobile app.
  • The system could provide more insight into referrals when tracking their progress (etc. notes from recruiting not just stages).
Greenhouse is well suited for expanding companies over 200 employees who would like to not only track incoming candidates but also allow current employees to input references and track them as well. Greenhouse is best suited for companies that value user interface and ease of use in an ATS as the application is very mobile friendly and can easily be picked up and used.
Read Christian Flaten's full review
Dustin Hovey profile photo
We use Greenhouse to aggregate candidate information; it serves as a one-stop place to share open jobs, review resumes, add referrals to open jobs, share jobs across socials networks, and for interviewers to view questions and leave notes. It enables employees and recruiters to have personal dashboards to view what is most important.
  • Provides a full funnel view of where candidates are in the hiring process.
  • Enables internal employees to view open positions based on a variety of filters.
  • Makes it easy to share open positions across social media.
  • Reporting can be more robust - perhaps having that ability to create custom reports.
  • You have to jump through a few hoops to view resumes, there should be an option to view it right away when hovering over a name.
  • Calendar integration doesn't always work.
Greenhouse can be a valuable tool for medium and large businesses that regularly fill open positions or are looking scale. Some small businesses may find the feature set to be cumbersome for their needs.
Read Dustin Hovey's full review
Carl Pieri profile photo
Our whole organization uses Greenhouse for tracking our referrals and for tracking our candidates throughout the recruiting process. Makes a process that is otherwise very hard to track very transparent. Holds people accountable more and prevents important work like this from happening over things like Google Sheets where people can just get lost in the shuffle.
  • Tracks referrals well
  • Updates you well when candidates are moving through the process
  • The referral flow is very easy
  • The UI at times looks a little outdated but not that bad.
Larger companies that are constantly hiring or trying to hire a lot of people can greatly benefit from this. Smaller organizations where the hiring doesn't need to be so formalized or tracked probably don't need this software (but I don't work in recruiting so I can't say for sure on this point).
Read Carl Pieri's full review
Christine Alling profile photo
Greenhouse was our ATS for all positions. We used it not only to post jobs, but, to go through the offer approval process and present candidates to hiring authorities.
  • From the candidate application side, Greenhouse is easy and fast - you can submit your application easily and quickly.
  • It is very easy to make changes to jobs in Greenhouse - if you need to adjust language or add requirements, it's very easy to do and happens quickly.
  • Greenhouse is very intuitive to use - easy to navigate and learn if you've never used it before.
  • It is challenging to make changes to offers - even something like a start date change requires re-approval from all approvers.
  • The reporting function was difficult to navigate and would time out prior to getting results.
  • It would be great if greenhouse would alert you to other jobs the candidate has applied to and possible duplicate profiles.
I would recommend Greenhouse to any recruiter who works in a smaller company, especially tech companies. I think larger companies would need an ERP level ATS. Greenhouse is very easy to use as an applicant - it doesn't ask for redundant information and allows candidates to move through the process easily. It's very easy to set Greenhouse up for an organization and customize what information you need from a candidate. If you need a lot of reporting or have a huge recruiting team, I don't know if Greenhouse has the reporting capabilities necessary, but, I'm a fan of Greenhouse for the simple reason that it's easy for candidates to apply.
Read Christine Alling's full review
November 16, 2018

Efficient tool

Greenhouse is used by the entire company to manage applications to internal and external job postings. It's a very helpful tool to manage applicants and to interview candidates. My team specifically uses it to submit referrals to positions, and we also use it to interview our candidates. I appreciate the ease of access and use. It's got a great user interface. When interviewing a candidate, Greenhouse's "interview kit" feature keeps track of the questions that we are suggested to ask and offers us a chance to record our reactions to the candidate's questions within the kit itself. I find the automated reminders to fill out our scorecards within the hour, so that we do not forget to have it completed before the next round of interviews conducted by more senior members of the team. It addresses the issue of managing several hundred candidates in various stages of the application process, and it solves it very well.
  • Lets you fill out scorecards on applicants easily
  • Allows you to parse text from resumes to minimize the time required to submit a referral and filling out all required fields
  • Interview kits allow for ease of interviews
  • It could parse text more easily
  • It could have a better workflow to navigate to an applicant's scorecard
  • It could clean up its homepage for rejected applicants
Greenhouse is well suited for managing hundreds of applicants because of how it allows you to track people throughout the process. It's a simple, basic, and easy enough tool to use to both keep track of interviewees and to interview potential candidates. However, it'll be helpful to make the tool more efficient to use for a greater scale of applicants.
Greenhouse is used by our hiring team, and across our entire organization. It allows us an easy platform to be able to communicate and share thoughts on a candidate without having to constantly schedule meetings internally. The ability to leave notes is fantastic as it allows for interviewers to let the potential next interviewer to follow up on an answer that we may need to dig into.
  • Enables our the different interviews in our multiple stage interview process to be able to leave notes/concerns to one another, so that those items can easily be followed up on in a second/third stage interview.
  • Easy applicant tracking to asses where someone is in the interview process. We have a large company, but a relatively small hiring team, so it enables us to be able to find necessary information without having to constantly track someone else down, who is usually very tied up.
  • Being able to score candidates within the platform. Previously we'd relied on interviewers to do this outside of a platform, and often led to forgetfulness.
  • Ability to track email open rates.
  • There doesn't seem to be an easy or quick way to get a new user of Greenhouse ramped up to use the platform.
I think it's been more beneficial for us as we've grown, whereas when we were a smaller company, it seemed to almost be too much work for what we needed. Now that we have a department that can be dedicated to recruiting, we allow them to be the experts on the platform and ramp up others as needed.
November 16, 2018

Greenhouse Review

Greenhouse is being used by our talent acquisition team. It is used across the whole organization as hiring managers in all departments are able to review resumes and fill out candidate cards after interviews using the interview kit. We are also currently looking into the Greenhouse onboarding tool to help with our new hire onboarding process.
  • The interview kit is great. All hiring managers in all departments are able to review resumes and fill out candidate cards after interviews.
  • It is easy for current employees to refer a candidate by uploading their resume right to the site.
  • Hiring managers can easily go on and screen resumes.
  • One thing in particular would be improving the way email notifications are set up. Right now, it is hard to control who receives candidate availability updates and it is a very manual process to correct this.
Greenhouse is great for a company who needs an easy to use Applicant Tracking System. It works well for not only the recruiting team but for hiring managers to review resumes, look at candidate availability, and assess the interview. Overall, I would highly recommend Grenehouse for those looking for an ATS.
Greenhouse is being used for recruitment purposes, we store all the candidates' data (such as resumes, reviews of the assessments). Candidates can apply through Greenhouse to our company, the application will create a user [record] for them. They will be able to attach a CV and a cover letter. The hiring crew can comment as well as reject or promote the candidate in the app, and finally, they can rate each assessment.
  • Good profiling for candidates
  • Permissions (to enable certain people to see the CV,approve and rate)
  • Storage of documents
  • The comment section is not optimized
  • Rating system is limited
Well suited - A candidate wants to apply to our company
Greenhouse is used across our entire organization for both internal and external job listings. This gives us a centralized repository for available positions. Greenhouse creates a platform for employees to find a growth path within the organization. By utilizing Greenhouse employees also have the ability to find positions that they may not even know exist, giving further visibility to the structure of the organization.
  • Clearly breaks down where job postings fit in the company's structure.
  • Gives users a platform for referring potential job prospects and earning credit for these referrals.
  • The user interface feels a bit dated and could do with a refresh with some improved browsing abilities.
Greenhouse is well suited for companies looking to have a place for both internal and external job seekers to discover what positions are available in the organization.
Jim Leahy profile photo
Greenhouse is our applicant tracking system to house all applications candidates have sent us, while also maintaining and managing the recruiting pipeline. Every single team member at our organization utilizes Greenhouse in one way or another. Greenhouse also provides detailed reporting regarding the candidate pipeline, and captures scorecard information from each person involved in the interview process.
  • Reporting. I'm so thankful for Greenhouse's ability to pull reports so that I can provide Hiring Managers and Senior Leaders with context.
  • Integrations. A company like ours has quite a few tools that we work with. It's important to ensure we can integrate so that resumes automatically flow to the Greenhouse tool.
  • Configurations are extremely useful and easy to set up. Email templates are particularly helpful so that you can have an established email tee'd up but personalize it as well.
  • There are so many bugs in Greenhouse's system and getting them resolved tends to be difficult. It's really problematic when a calendar invitation is removed and cannot sync up with our Gmail system.
  • Greenhouse scorecards are pretty cumbersome. I wish interviews could also add a question that isn't in the scorecard in case they think of something during the conversation.
  • Greenhouse's support isn't spectacular. I'm assuming Enterprise clients have a better experience, but I've run into issues where they're not even reading my email and send me back responses that are sub-par.
Greenhouse is an okay tool. It's not the worst in the market, but I'm not 100% sure it's the best. If their focus is solely on Enterprise, then I suspect it would be better suited for larger organizations who need support. For a smaller organization, if you run into problems, you're support is going to be lackluster at best.
Read Jim Leahy's full review
Christine Chung profile photo
Greenhouse is our company ATS. We use it to process all hires and recruiting activity.
  • Easy Application review process
  • Mobile optimized
  • Great customer support
  • Email templating is super easy
  • Doesn't include crm in their pricing
  • Doesn't have mail merge/email campaign capabilities
I recently switched to Lever hoping it would be a better platform/supercharge my hiring efforts, instead I had nothing but issues and made a decision to go back to Greenhouse. I am happy to be back with Greenhouse - their features actually work. Would have saved us a lot of time and money if we had just stayed put.

Support staff at Greenhouse are super knowledgable and efficient!
Read Christine Chung's full review
Greenhouse is my company's applicant tracking system. It is leveraged by several hundred users across the company to streamline our recruiting process. The tool has helped us rapidly scale our hiring process. We execute both the recruiting sourcing and scorecard evaluation processes in the tool.
  • Manage recruiting sourcing funnel
  • Fill out candidate scorecards
  • Easy to understand and use interface
  • None; the tool is the best ATS I have used in my career
Greenhouse is a great ATS that helps companies effectively scale their hiring process.

Job Requisition Management (41)
Company Website Posting (44)
Publish to Social Media (39)
Job Search Site Posting (40)
Customized Application Form (37)
Resume Management (43)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (36)
Candidate Search (35)
Applicant Tracking (44)
Collaboration (42)
Task Creation and Delegation (36)
Email Templates (36)
User Permissions (41)
Notifications and Alerts (44)
Reporting (35)

About Greenhouse

Greenhouse aims to help make hiring your competitive advantage. According to the vendor, thousands of successful companies use the Greenhouse platform’s intelligent guidance to design and automate all aspects of hiring throughout their organizations to win top talent.

Much more than an ATS, only Greenhouse delivers a robust software platform that helps you build a winning hiring culture by driving great candidate interactions at every touch point and keeping everyone on the hiring team engaged and on the same page. With Greenhouse, hiring finally becomes a strategic lever in the business, automating away administrative burden and keeping you ahead. Proactive, data-driven insights help you shorten time-to-hire today and continue getting better over time.

The product supports 2,000+ people teams. According to the vendor, Greenhouse is chosen by more "best places to work" winners than any other software system, and offering an ecosystem of 150+ technology partners all tightly integrated into the Greenhouse platform.